The Student Room Group

Urgent geog exam

I just did IGCSE geography exam and i did 6 sections instead of 5 as you are supposed to
WIll my test be made Invalid and will i fail?
Will they mark the first 5?
Anyone know how it works please reply ASAP
Reply 1
surely you hadnt even been tought one of the sections.....?

:facepalm:
Reply 2
I'm sure it's not a major problem and lots of people do it, you might be lucky and they mark both, and the one you score highest in is the mark you'll get for that section to be added to your total mark? Or else they'll pick the first one...but sure you don't have to worry about failing:smile:! Just be thankful you answered 6 instead of doing 4 and only realising when you have 15 mins left in the exam like me....
Reply 3
Yeh we learnt both of the two last topics and our teacher told us to choose one however i had about 30 mins left at the end and thought i had to do another section.
Yeh thats what i thought they might do but im not sure if the exam board are so kind :/ ahh well just as long as its not made invalid then im happy
Reply 4
Original post by Clodaghm
I'm sure it's not a major problem and lots of people do it, you might be lucky and they mark both, and the one you score highest in is the mark you'll get for that section to be added to your total mark? Or else they'll pick the first one...but sure you don't have to worry about failing:smile:! Just be thankful you answered 6 instead of doing 4 and only realising when you have 15 mins left in the exam like me....

cheers but still cant be sure they wont just say you shouldn't have done it and give me a F, but yeh hopefully they will just mark the first one. I think i might contact them and ask
Reply 5
Of course you can't assume, but I can't see them being that cruel, I'm sure they have a system because it's common enough, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest