The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g.k.galloway
I got a B and a C in my mocks (didn't include cw stuff)..both were annoyingly one mark off the next grade.. It's just in comparison to my other grades english doesn't look good - the exams felt like they went well for lit though so we shall see.

Lets just say that if I were to open that envelope and see any A*'s for english I would probably faint :biggrin:

Lol for me A*s in english are loterally out of the question. I already have an A in language yet to be made definite from moderation so won't find out for sure until results day (damn saying english language yet to be moderated is making me think of that fool Dalek again)
Original post by g.k.galloway
I got a B and a C in my mocks (didn't include cw stuff)..both were annoyingly one mark off the next grade.. It's just in comparison to my other grades english doesn't look good - the exams felt like they went well for lit though so we shall see.

Lets just say that if I were to open that envelope and see any A*'s for english I would probably faint :biggrin:
Oh and I forgot to say English Lit I should have an A or a B. Cuz of my coursework I actually needed 100% in both exams for A*!!!
Original post by justanotherindigo
I have done Unit 1 last year, and I did Unit 2 this year!
I just need to ace this exam to get an A* or high A:tongue:

Ohh--cool!
I've just revised the Just In Time systems, the pro's and con's and stuff like that, but the communications is really annoying!
Perhaps you could help me out? x

I'll help wherever I can, although, I've probably forgotten quite a lot! :colondollar:

I remember Communications weirdly enough, I think I had to spend the most time on that section of unit 3 surprisingly!
Yep!

I've only revised for 3 sections, and I have 4 and 5 to flick through!
Do you by any chance know what margin of safety is??
I thought that helping eachother out would be nice! x

i think it's where the number of sales is above the break-even point so basically the range of output over which a profit can be made
Cool! I hate German so much.... I just don't like it!
I prefer French and Spanish over German big time!:biggrin:
Alright, you're doing A-Level German aswell? Nice:cool:

I'm doing modular, and I have units 1 and 3 left (it's the calculator stuff).
It's mainly topics like: trigonometry, vectors, Pythagoras', congruent and similar shapes... for unit 3 and unit 1 is statistics and probability (which I suck at)
I find maths really easy, so it shouldn't be a problem!
Same! I am going to pay attention to it during the half-term and do heaps of past papers then I'm pretty much ready for it!:smile:
I have an agonising 11 exams left:frown:

Yeah Sciences, Maths and German are my thigns then I'm pretty good at the rest except english - though lit i'm not half bad at (I'm in set 1 for english but stlill not exactly great lol- quite bad compared to my other subjects!!Me just scraping A's overall!)

I have 13 ledft!!!! We have too many!! People on here haven't even had more than 10 exams!!!!
Original post by Alexx53
P3 and Additional Maths. I did P2 in January.

Yeah that's the one; I got an A*.
How did it go?

oh right, well i've got P2 and P3 hectic day!

it was alright, it's hard to self-assess because you don't know what's right or the grade boundaries so i'll just hope for the best :smile:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yh I feel prepared for it. I have revised for it most since it is A-Level exam. I was revising it like last week when I should have been revising english; anything instead of english!

Oooh that's good. I am going out later; need a break since Sunday I am going to be doing a load of papers.

I have only done 4 exams so far; so not a huge load of notes gone! What exams have you got next week? Oh and btw are you on study leave?

it makes sense, i would do the same if i were you!

what a fun day you've got tomorrow, a big past paper overflow! i've got that coming soon!

next week on tuesday i have english literature unseen, wednesday: business, p2, p3 and friday ict!

you?
Original post by InasAhmed
Yeah.., I Mean i revised for everything And its not difficult but, Business studies is an Excruciatingly Long Boring Subject ..
Im just so sick of it. :sick:

i know what you mean it can get pretty tedious
Original post by Starrstruck
I'm doing AQA and the exam paper has both source and essay styled questions.

AQA B?
Original post by usycool1
Lol :biggrin:

I've never really liked ice cream tbh...unless it's Ben and Jerry's cookie dough :tongue:

uRMM cOOKIE DUGH IS THE BEST!
Original post by GreenLantern1
uRMM cOOKIE DUGH IS THE BEST!

Yeah, it's the only ice cream I like lol :tongue:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hey just wondering what exam board is your history exam, what topic is your exam based on and is it an essay or source based exam? :redface:

I Got Edexcel history unit 3 a divided union wbu ... :frown:

I am doing Edexcel history unit 3 a divided union. Took it alast year and got a B so I am retaking this!

I like loads of ice-creams. But it is one of my favourites that's for sure!!!!
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
it makes sense, i would do the same if i were you!

what a fun day you've got tomorrow, a big past paper overflow! i've got that coming soon!

next week on tuesday i have english literature unseen, wednesday: business, p2, p3 and friday ict!

you?

Yep. Lots of fun! Will do a few on monday too.

Have A-Level ICT on tuesday and Addmaths FSMQ on wednesday. That is it! Most my exams are in June!

you don't love chocolate,strawberry,vanilla or very similar ice cream types?or are you just joking-to express your like for cookie dough?
Original post by Dalek1099
you don't love chocolate,strawberry,vanilla or very similar ice cream types?or are you just joking-to express your like for cookie dough?

Nope, I'm not joking. I've never really liked ice cream to be honest. It's hard to explain; I don't dislike it but I just don't like it either :tongue:

So no, I don't like any of the flavours you mentioned (except cookie dough :tongue:)
Nope, I'm not joking. I've never really liked ice cream to be honest. It's hard to explain; I don't dislike it but I just don't like it either :tongue:

So no, I don't like any of the flavours you mentioned (except cookie dough :tongue:)

but cookie dough,is just a mix of these ice cream flavours(chocolate and vanilla to be specific) technically and you should thus like chocolate and vanilla.
Original post by Dalek1099
but cookie dough,is just a mix of these ice cream flavours(chocolate and vanilla to be specific) technically and you should thus like chocolate and vanilla.

Vanilla's OK but chocolate is much less chocolaty in cookie dough than it is in chocolate ice cream. That's why I don't really like chocolate ice cream.
Reply 2978
Hey guys :smile:
Original post by iJess
Hey guys :smile:

Hey! :hat2:

What you up to? :smile: