The Student Room Group

Advice for first shift at a nightclub bar!

This is my second job- I did tell them I had experience working behind a bar. I have poured a few drinks at the restaurant I used to work at. :wink: Twist of the truth...although I did specify the "in a restaurant bit".

Anyway I am not sure that's a major major issue, because I have a trial tonight at half 10. I am pretty friendly, and used to being under pressure.

I was just looking for any tips to make life easier? From people who have worked in nightclub bars before! Also, I want to try and look professional and nightclub -.- I am a 19 year old girl so I am going to assume looks matter!

Cheers!
Reply 1
Play it cool, I used to work in a restaurant behind the bar too! It was probably the most fun out of everything I had to do. Just do what you need to do and keep calm if it gets busy
Reply 2
You'll be fine just be friendly and make sure you that you ask if you are unsure of anything.. better than looking like an idiot!

As long as you are OK with spending long periods of time on your feet then you will find the job easy, its not that hard.. Just try not to miss too many lectures due to late nights at work!

Another piece of advice would be to not wear heels as you will look a little silly and your feet will literally want to drop off by the end of the night.. wear comfy flats but not your favourites as they will probably get soaked. I would make yourself look nice i.e. do your hair etc otherwise you may feel a little rank with all the customers being dolled up! You are right in my opinion, looks do matter! Just don't get too excited when men hand you there numbers.. they like a woman who is giving them booze and will probably not even remember doing it in the morning! I used to work with a girl who always text guys who had chatted her up over the bar, and she always regretted it when they next came in.. awkward! I always would just tell them I am taken.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck! I am sure you will have a great time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending