:love:
Original post by cpdavis

I couldn't keep my eyes off her doing their livestream,

Going to now follow these religiously, aha
Original post by dbmag9
Hey gays.

What Jack said; dark suit, white shirt, white bow tie, black socks, mortarboard and appropriate gown. And yeah, they check socks. :awesome:

I plan to be exceedingly drunk with the other MathPhils then, but you guys'd be welcome to come down a few days after, since I'm staying an extra week for open days and everyone else will be leaving.

Exams are stressful enough without having to worry about being "properly turned out". :lolwut:

I'm really quite glad I went to a dumpy ex-poly tbh. :erm:
Reply 2703
I really like the idea of dressing up for an exam! So much tradition and cuteness! :biggrin:

I don't think you have to look immaculate and well presented to do an exam but it does annoy me greatly when people turn up to exams in their pyjamas and slippers. And would it kill people to drag a brush through their hair?

I feel like some of my friends use the exam period to just be lazy and moan all the time and wallow in self pity about how they're going to fail, how they're not doing enough work, I wish I'd gone to all the lectures etc.... rather than actually do any studying.

I'm like, all you have to do is study really hard for one month out of twelve. And then they're gutted when it's confirmed they have actually failed/done poorly in their exam. And I'm like, what do you expect honey, you didn't revise, you just moaned. Isn't that what becoming an adult is - taking responsibility for yourself?

Sorry for the rant, I just feel like I'm surrounded by negative energy and it's knocking me off balance. :colondollar:
I could be in night clubs right now taking advantage of drunk girls, but instead I'm stuck at home reading about psychologists who took advantage of dumb girls :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by L.O.V.E.
I really like the idea of dressing up for an exam! So much tradition and cuteness! :biggrin:

I don't think you have to look immaculate and well presented to do an exam but it does annoy me greatly when people turn up to exams in their pyjamas and slippers. And would it kill people to drag a brush through their hair?

I feel like some of my friends use the exam period to just be lazy and moan all the time and wallow in self pity about how they're going to fail, how they're not doing enough work, I wish I'd gone to all the lectures etc.... rather than actually do any studying.

I'm like, all you have to do is study really hard for one month out of twelve. And then they're gutted when it's confirmed they have actually failed/done poorly in their exam. And I'm like, what do you expect honey, you didn't revise, you just moaned. Isn't that what becoming an adult is - taking responsibility for yourself?

Sorry for the rant, I just feel like I'm surrounded by negative energy and it's knocking me off balance. :colondollar:

Brush hair? For an exam? That only happens on special occasions, certainly not every day let alone on an exam day!
I don't do pjs or slippers, I don't have any. I have yet to go in my dressing gown although tempting purely as homage to douglas adams. Towel would also be mandatory.
Original post by L.O.V.E.

Slippers definitely never happened... partly because I don't own any, mainly because it never stops raining in Lancaster.

PJ bottoms on the other hand were definitely fair game. The only people in the room for my exams were me and an invigilator who was too busy chewing gum really loudly to care how I looked, and I figured if I was gonna be sat there for 4 hours I damn well wanted to be comfy. :tongue: Also, I have a very one-track mind. When I'm in my learning happy-place everything else pretty much falls off the shelf. After several weeks forgetting to do things like food, sleep and all but basic hygiene, sometimes putting on clothes really does feel like more than I can manage!

I did once hand in coursework in my nightwear though. No excuse for that one (I woke up 20 minutes before the deadline :colondollar:).
Reply 2707
Summer Eights (rowing thing). So much Pimm's. :biggrin: Also a reasonable quantity of hot topless men.

And Eurovision tonight. :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Eurovision party :woo: :woo:

No alcohol allowed because I have exams next week. BOOO. :cry:
People throw Eurovision parties? :0
Original post by Id and Ego seek
People throw Eurovision parties? :0

Any excuse for a party! :wink: But yes, apparently so. There's an actual drinking game for it! :h:
Reply 2711
This made me do a smile.

Oh jings, I look like a panda. I am a prime example of why you shouldn't sunbathe with sunglasses on...

Other than that, when the sun comes out in Scotland, life is beautiful <3

(Imma go get drunk :ninja:)
Reply 2713
Original post by thurin
Why would you buy that abhorrent testicle of a game? Steam is doing this for your own good.

Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader are beautiful games. Firefly ruined them thereafter. Those two games rank among my all-time favourites.

You're not the only big fan of the first two Stronghold games. And I agree that Stronghold 2 was rather unashamedly rubbish. The third one is supposed to be better though, now they've ironed out most of the bugs.

Anyway, got a reply from Steal, just telling me to log out and back in again, but it's still not there :frown:. So I've sent them a screenshot too. Bloody thing :hmmm:

Also, my arms are sunburnt :frown:. That'll teach me to sit outside in a vest.
Just got home, not in my uni town anymore. :frown:

but yay, eurovision! I am watching sober this year I have drank far too much in the last two days... :tongue: Ah well I will still love the cheesy gloriousness sober. :biggrin:
Reply 2715
Ha, I didn't actually watch Eurovision. Saw some of the videos online, and the performances were shocking (and the winner is laaaaaaaame). Of the two I cared about, the male Icelandic singer was consistently flat and Slovakia didn't even qualify. I'll stick to the studio versions of the songs, which are quite good.
Reply 2716
Eurovision was so good! :awesome:
gutted I missed eurovision as was at the beach/pub. Got back as they were doing the results, which is actually one of the better bits because of the pure camp value of them all going 'Iceland calling' or whatever.
I didn't watch Eurovision, it's painful. :tongue:

Now, do I tell my mum I have a date or attempt to escape from the house...hmm...
Morning. :smile:

I appreciate this is of very little importance to most of you, but I'm (figuratively) losing sleep over whether to copy up my vocab lists for the Homeric Hymns onto this really useful flashcard programme thing someone put me onto WITH or WITHOUT accents (although I will obviously still use breathings).

Arguments for: It will feel more perfect, which is nice; accents are, presumably, important in some way, especially since this is poetry ...

Arguments against: I don't know the Greek accentuation system properly (it's so complicated, we never have to learn about it thoroughly unless, I think, you do a specific philology option); I won't be asked to use accents in any exams; it will take ten times as long to do if I have to put accents in as well ...

You know I suppose I just came to m own conclusion. Accents be damned! Apologies for using this space as my personal notepad.

How is everybody? :smile:

Latest