The Student Room Group

Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity.

Iran’s Basij Press is claiming a purported Gospel of Barnabas, discovered in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion, causing the collapse worldwide of Christianity.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/iran-discovery-will-collapse-christianity/

The Abrahamic madness continues: Quake reveals day of Jesus' crucifixion, researchers believe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47555983/
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:laugh: Anybody that claims any single discovery will precipitate the collapse of the largest religion in the world is delusional.
Quite a significant statement they're making
Original post by whyumadtho
:laugh: Anybody that claims any single discovery will precipitate the collapse of the largest religion in the world is delusional.

if it can survive science, it can survive anything.
Interesting for this to be coming from Iran. I thought that Gospel didn't date past 16th century.

However, from the Islamic perspective, we don't really believe in the Gospel of Barnabas anyways, because even if it affirms Jesus(pbuh)'s story with that of Islam's, there are "apparently" still many contradictions in that Gospel in compared to Islam.

Most Gospels found so far have dated 16th century, in which it is said to have been fabricated. So if there is one found that pre-dates that and Islam, then it could make things pretty interesting.

It might not affirm Islam (anymore than it already is), but it would certainly shake Christianity - that's if it is true.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by whyumadtho

Have you met any TSR Muslims or Martin yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Perseveranze
Interesting for this to be coming from Iran. I thought that Gospel didn't date past 16th century.

However, from the Islamic perspective, we don't really believe in the Gospel of Barnabas anyways, because even if it affirms Jesus(pbuh)'s story with that of Islam's, there are "apparently" still many contradictions in that Gospel in compared to Islam.

Most Gospels found so far have dated 16th century, in which it is said to have been fabricated. So if there is one found that pre-dates that and Islam, then it could make things pretty interesting.

It might not affirm Islam (anymore than it already is), but it would certainly shake Christianity - that's if it is true.

LOL 16th century, are you mad?! You do realise that they uncovered a chest of the oldest Koranic texts and it didn't match your supposedly perfect koran, don't you?
Reply 7
Christians have found a way to explain away everything else that contradicts their beliefs from evolution to the dinosaurs and everything else in between - if ET chose to drop in for tea tomorrow you can bet there would be an explanation which would permit the continued existence of Christianity (personally I think most hardliners would just pretend it hadn't happened); if this leads to the collapse of Christianity then I will eat the Bible.
Reply 8
Doesn't really matter what they discover. All one can say with certainty is that Christians won't change their beliefs one jot.
Reply 9
The Abrahamic religions blame the devil for all facts contrary to their scriptures. Even if this is a substantial discovery (and given that it's coming from Iran that's unlikely) it will simply be dismissed by Christians.

what does this gospel say about jesus beign the messiah? both muslims and christians view him as the messiah, but musilms view him as a prophet of jews and messiah of islam.
Christians don't believe in carbon dating so good luck with that.
Original post by Elipsis
Haha, yeah right. Keep up with your ridiculous cult and your ridiculous claims, it just makes you look like a moron with half a dozen red gems and 10 warning points...

I asked for proof with your claims and instead you revert to insults? lol. And don't worry about my points :smile:

Original post by MonkeyMan2009
what does this gospel say about jesus beign the messiah? both muslims and christians view him as the messiah, but musilms view him as a prophet of jews and messiah of islam.

I'm not sure about Messiah, I would assume it mentions it. The Gospel of Barnabus states he was a Prophet though, like the Muslims account of the story.

However, this same gospel apparently says "Satan is a fallen Angel", which is contradictory to the Islam. So I don't see how Muslims would ever take such a gospel too seriously, even if it was proven to be authentic.

Only Christianity would really be effected by this discovery.
Reply 13
I doubt Christians will take much notice of this.
Original post by Elipsis
Haha, yeah right. Keep up with your ridiculous cult and your ridiculous claims, it just makes you look like a moron with half a dozen red gems and 10 warning points...

If you're going to say you have evidence, at least you should supply everyone else with it. You claim there's a difference, show it at least. It's funny how you're the one making claims, yet backing down when asked for the evidence.
Religions do not collapse because someone makes a discovery that says they are wrong. Every major religion in the world today can be torn apart on the evidence front but people have blind faith that their religion is correct and no amount of evidence telling them that their religion is hokum is going to change that.
Original post by Martyn*
Iran’s Basij Press is claiming a purported Gospel of Barnabas, discovered in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion, causing the collapse worldwide of Christianity.

I know it's your job as TSR's Chicken Little to broadcast every nutty conspiracy on the web, but have you actually looked into who the Basij are? Do you really think they're a reliable authority on Christian doctrine?

Next you'll be telling us that the Tories believe Labour are bound to lose the next general election! :eek:
I asked for proof with your claims and instead you revert to insults? lol. And don't worry about my points :smile:

I'm not sure about Messiah, I would assume it mentions it. The Gospel of Barnabus states he was a Prophet though, like the Muslims account of the story.

However, this same gospel apparently says "Satan is a fallen Angel", which is contradictory to the Islam. So I don't see how Muslims would ever take such a gospel too seriously, even if it was proven to be authentic.

Only Christianity would really be effected by this discovery.

surely it would also affect muslims as they state jesus to be the prophet of the jews and also hte messiah of islam.

yeah it's probably fake. You wouldn;t want to take anything 100% seriously from Iran, especially as they are "committed to stamping out Christianity", how peaceful.
Why bother inventing evidence against Christianity when they can simply genocide Iranian Christians? Seems quite bent on religious domination, Iran is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending