The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

social work at queens university belfast 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Is anyone still waiting an offer for UU?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 221
Original post by sheawill
hi, yes im having the same problem, did you get it sorted out?

Been going back and forth with student finance and finally gave up. Got on to EGSA and after the girl there checked it out with some elb's came back to me and said that I should fill out the manual form thats available online, print it off and send to my elb with a note of the problems I've been having. They then can apparently go into the system and input the info manaully once they have our signed forms. Don't know why they can't do this over the phone! Going to phone my elb on tues when they open and confirm all this. I'll let you know what happens and if you get any other info in the meantime would you let me know? Did your online application ask about your income? Mine only asked about 'other taxable imcome' like inheritance money etc. Didn't ask what I would have expected. Totally confused!:confused:
Reply 222
I'm surprised they didn't tell you to just select magee l500 then submit and they could change that bit at your request when it come through to them. After all,people still haven't made up their minds about where they're going. Just a thought!
Reply 223
Original post by Neards
I'm surprised they didn't tell you to just select magee l500 then submit and they could change that bit at your request when it come through to them. After all,people still haven't made up their minds about where they're going. Just a thought!

YEah I see what you mean but I am deffo going to queens(grades allowing) so I need the L500 code not the Magee one.
Reply 224
hi, yes im having the same problem, did you get it sorted out?

Not completly sorted yet but spoke to elb. They're happy to help with the form so I've printed it out and filled in all I can. Heading to them tomorrow and they said they'll go through form there and then, check it and all evidence. Maybe that would be your best option too? What board are you? I'm SEELB and they were really helpful and a friend says BELB do the same. Hope this helps.
Reply 225
YEah I see what you mean but I am deffo going to queens(grades allowing) so I need the L500 code not the Magee one.

All sorted with forms etc. Just so you know, give up on the online application. They said theres a problem with the system regarding queens codes. Just do it manually and leave it into them. Handy that they copy all evidence there and then and you get it straight back, no waiting for passports etc to be returned.
Reply 226
hey just wondering is anybody goin to magee for the 2 year graduate entry for social work???? just dont know anyones thats going :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 227
Anyone from Coleraine doing 3 yr magee?
Reply 228
hey guys, got a letter back from student finance just verifying that they received my application, just waiting patiently on something to go wrong.

My unconditional offer stated that I need to register with NISCC and get an enhanced ACCESS NI check done, do we just do that sumtime between now and september?

Also, I know there is a bursary of some kind but who do we contact about it, is it our library board or NISCC or what??
Reply 229
Original post by sally08
hey just wondering is anybody goin to magee for the 2 year graduate entry for social work???? just dont know anyones thats going :frown:

Hey Sally

I starting the 2year in magee in september. Excited but terrified at the same time!
Reply 230
Original post by Deedee86
Hey Sally

I starting the 2year in magee in september. Excited but terrified at the same time!

hey deedee im excited but nervous too. have u got your funding sorted yet???
Reply 231
Hi guys, is anyone doing the 3 yr route at queens? Would be nice to know some people who are going to be in my class!
Reply 232
I'm doing the three year route at Queens =]
Original post by Mayerzzz
hey guys, got a letter back from student finance just verifying that they received my application, just waiting patiently on something to go wrong.

My unconditional offer stated that I need to register with NISCC and get an enhanced ACCESS NI check done, do we just do that sumtime between now and september?

Also, I know there is a bursary of some kind but who do we contact about it, is it our library board or NISCC or what??

Hey there I rang student finance about bursary they gave me number for dhssp who informed me that when we go to queens to enrol around august we will get a pack with all relevant forms bursaries NISSCC etc then :smile:
Reply 234
Is it true Queens given an additional payment?
Reply 235
Original post by Neards
Is it true Queens given an additional payment?

Queens give you an extra £500 in January and £500 in April for remaining enrolled/completing your assignments or something like that! Aslong as you ticked the box on the student finance form allowing Student Finance to share your information with institutions :smile:
Reply 236
Hey everyone, just wondering who all picked the 2 year at QUB? Figure it would be good to get to know/speaking to people before September :smile: xx
Reply 237
Original post by sally08
hey deedee im excited but nervous too. have u got your funding sorted yet???

Hey sally08

I live in the south so I have applied the EU student loans company. Have you had any look getting your funded sorted ?
Reply 238
So guys do we just do nothing until they send us out the NISCC forms and access NI forms etc?
Reply 239
So results are out today and... I'm officially going to Queens :smile: :smile: so excited.
Who is doing the 3 year route at Queens?

Quick Reply