The Student Room Group

Found condoms in parent's room?

I was looking for my wallet (my 4-year-old brother likes to hide my stuff all over the place), and while looking in my parents' room I looked inside one of the drawers and I found some condoms, lubricant and pregnancy tests. But the boxes looked old, one box still had the plastic wrapping on it, but one of them had an expiry date of Jan 2009 on it... I don't know what to make of this? I don't want to bring it up with them, but surely they know they shouldn't use a condom that is over 3 years past its expiry date? Why is it still there? It's not like they just forgot about it either, we've only just recently moved house so they deliberately took it with them. I think my brother might have been an accidental pregnancy, I'm not sure. What should I do? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Awkwardddddddddddddd
Reply 2
You shouldn't mention anything to them.
You could try and do something that would mean you would have to look in the drawers whilst a parent was their. I.e hide your wallet and get one of them to help you look for it around the house and whilst checking their room (dads are probably better for this situation). Then when looking through the drawers just be all like "um awkward" when you "accidentally" find the condoms and just be like all btw you do know these are wayyyyyyyyyyy out of date.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Are parents not allowed to have sex now?

Also do not go looking through your parents drawers any more, you may not like what you find.
Maybe its's the condom that failed and lead to your birth! :zomg:
Nostalgia is what binds them to using an expired condom.

Seriously though, you should leave them to it.
Reply 6
Surly this is a joke. It's none of your business
Reply 7
Fathers day is coming up? ...jus' sayin'.
Parents have seks???? noway!!!!1

But really, it's their business.
Reply 9
steal them and use them mate.
I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure your parents are in control of their sex lives. The stuff you found may well be stuff from around the time of your brother's birth. Why they kept them, I don't know.
Original post by Anonymous
I was looking for my wallet (my 4-year-old brother likes to hide my stuff all over the place), and while looking in my parents' room I looked inside one of the drawers and I found some condoms, lubricant and pregnancy tests. But the boxes looked old, one box still had the plastic wrapping on it, but one of them had an expiry date of Jan 2009 on it... I don't know what to make of this? I don't want to bring it up with them, but surely they know they shouldn't use a condom that is over 3 years past its expiry date? Why is it still there? It's not like they just forgot about it either, we've only just recently moved house so they deliberately took it with them. I think my brother might have been an accidental pregnancy, I'm not sure. What should I do? :frown:

I'm sure it could have been worse. Really there isn't any reason to feel awkward about this. So you think people never have sex again after having children? Never? Course they do, hell old people have sex. May sound gross to you but to them it's, well like they always used to except probably not as boisterous.
People have sex, and by people I don't just mean teenagers and those scrotes off "The Jeremy Kyle show." People of all ages including your parents.
What should you do? Try being mature and grown up about it. Don't mention it and don't think about it, because there is no need.
Reply 12
cool story brah :sexface:
What's next? Tissue rolls in the toilet?
Reply 14
ask your parents for tips :awesome:
Reply 15
Original post by naman
steal them and use them mate.

not if they are out of date...
Reply 16
Why not "borrow" the expired condoms and throw them away? My sister did that to a pack of cigarettes I had, as she didn't want my parents to find them and be devastated (especially since I hadn't smoked one in years. -_-)
I wouldn't worry. That's not too bad.

Think, it Could have been one of these . . .

2161-23.jpg
Reply 18
If you're not too bothered about your parents having sex, and your concern is more the out of date condoms, just replace them with new ones (same type if possible, otherwise meh, who looks at the wrapper anyway). You'll avoid all the awkwardness, and everyone can go one with theis lives pretending nothing ever happened, and you have the added bonus of knowing you're unlikley to have a new baby brother/sister.
Reply 19
Why on earth would you care?!What your parents do in private is their business.

Latest

Trending

Trending