The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexmagpie
When you're on your way to the library to try and nab the last copy of a book you need for exams... see someone on your course and it becomes a silent race.

i have done this far too many times
Reply 1681
revising on a sunny day :frown:
5am isn't an early morning, it's a late night.
Original post by S_123
When 'I'm pregnant' gets the response of 'oh ****!' rather than 'congratulations!'

ohhhhhhhhh. you dont know how much i laughed at this one.:thumbsup:
Original post by Kiweefruit
When your room is flooded with so many books and papers,and they are all super important, and you just don't have the time to organize it! Lol
Until you desperately needs ONE of them and can't find it where you remember putting it!!!!
(excuse the befuddlement :tongue:)

lol thats so me :tongue:
Original post by Kiweefruit
When your room is flooded with so many books and papers,and they are all super important, and you just don't have the time to organize it! Lol
Until you desperately needs ONE of them and can't find it where you remember putting it!!!!
(excuse the befuddlement :tongue:)

you should just see my room right now. its covered by papers thats why im studying in the sitting room.:tongue:
you sign up for TSR and post your first message on 'you know you're a student when..." thread:rofl:
(edited 11 years ago)
It's been months since you've seen your kitchen worktop.
Reply 1688
*not technically a student yet* but when sunbathing and revision quickly turns into just sunbathing
Reply 1689
When you walk into one lesson expecting one subject when actually it's another!:smile:
You walk into a lesson laughing and talking to yourself - trying to organise confused thoughts - and the the other members of your class give you funny looks. :-P
You've got your last exam ever at 14.30 but you're currently just sitting on TSR and facebook wondering what to have for breakfast. It'll probably be lunchtime before you decide, and when you do, it'll probably be fried chicken. But until then, you'll just waste time on the internet.
the cover sheet from the exam is wrong and instead of thinking (logically) its a typo and I should alert the invigilators, I though I ******* haven't started revising that exam yet
When, to avoid revising for an exam, you actually work on another piece of coursework (probably te most productive procrastination I've ever done!)

You spend several days crying and stressing about not meeting deadlines, but the thought of actually doing a hard day's work doesn't seem to sink in...

You take 'study breaks' with friends, even when you haven't done the studying...
Original post by mashmammad
you should just see my room right now. its covered by papers thats why im studying in the sitting room.:tongue:

LOL!!! My table is a mess..when I got round to organizing it I actually got nauseated. :P
Reply 1694
Come home after school finishes

Watch TV or go out if nothing on TV

Have a nap

Have tea

Turn on computer
- spend some time on Facebook and Twitter
- watch stupid stuff on Youtube

Make a big cup of coffee and eat some biscuits

start doing work (at midnight) until you are about to fall asleep (3am - 4am possibly)

Go to sleep

Next day - someone wakes you up because you turn your alarm off and go back to sleep.

Go to school

Repeat process until Friday.

After school on Friday and whole weekend - stay outside.

Start process again on Monday!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rizzy J
revising on a sunny day :frown:

I know, right? It's almost like the weather is punishing us. But think...

..when exams are over we can be out as much as we want! :h:

At which point it will probably be raining. :hmmm: *shakes fist at sky*
Reply 1696
When our weekly meal plan consists of nandos, KFC, mc Donald's, pizza hut and two minute noodles. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
When you're at university studying.
Reply 1698
I'm just curious. Are deadlines always on mornings? My brother is studying here in Norway, and his deadlines are always at midnights; I thought that was the most logical approach. :confused:
Original post by stifa
I'm just curious. Are deadlines always on mornings? My brother is studying here in Norway, and his deadlines are always at midnights; I thought that was the most logical approach. :confused:

Depends on the university. For mine, some are 4pm and some are midnight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending