The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Has anybody received their application for accommodation yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophielouise10
1: Kingston Hill en suite
2: Kingston Hill superior en suite
3: en suite, so that could be either seethings wells or clayhill!

What about you?

I made exactly the same choices lol! Was unsure wether I wanted to be close to campus (Kingston Hill) or town though.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by takeariskkiss
I made exactly the same choices lol! Was unsure wether I wanted to be close to campus (Kingston Hill) or town though.

I was the same, i thought on the one hand, it would be nice to be closer to town for nightlife, shops etc...but then, if i have a room on campus, i can wake up later to get to lectures etc :wink:
Reply 22
Just like to point out that it doesn't matter how quickly you apply for the accommodation. I applied as soon as I got my letter last year and still didn't manage to get the accommodation. You also don't find out whether you've got a place until after results day!
Reply 23
I'm an international student. Does that mean I'm guaranteed of a hall or could I possibly be searching for private accommodation too?
if you haven't got the email don't worry, if it's like last year it'll be easy to guess what it all actually is. can't remember now, so don't bother trying to ask.

for anyone considering budget en-suite, if you want to live in a broom cupboard that has an aeroplane bathroom with shower then fine, otherwise don't bother.

I got my email and applied way after now and still got in to halls, and just actually moved out today, and would say for going out to places, none of the halls other than middle mill and IQ wave are in town, all a little way out, Seething Wells is most probably easiest to get to town, with Kingston Hill being next.

If you have a disability and going for DSA you can do a form which will give you a better chance of getting in to halls, you do have to prove the disability.

For international students, I don't think they won't definitely get halls, as know some that didn't get it, but think there may be a preference. I know that there seems to be tonnes.
I was the same, i thought on the one hand, it would be nice to be closer to town for nightlife, shops etc...but then, if i have a room on campus, i can wake up later to get to lectures etc :wink:

Yup, I had pretty much same thought process; would rather roll out of bed into a lecture haha.

What course you diong?
Original post by b1505
Just like to point out that it doesn't matter how quickly you apply for the accommodation. I applied as soon as I got my letter last year and still didn't manage to get the accommodation. You also don't find out whether you've got a place until after results day!

If you have an unconditional firm offer at Kingston, meaning you have no results to get in august, you are allocated accommodation before results day.
Reply 27
If you have an unconditional firm offer at Kingston, meaning you have no results to get in august, you are allocated accommodation before results day.

Not always, my housemate at the moment had an unconditional firm and she didn't get allocated accommodation.
Original post by b1505
Not always, my housemate at the moment had an unconditional firm and she didn't get allocated accommodation.

Wow, that's awful! They advertise it on their website as first come, first serve basis...but by the sounds of it, it's obviously not!
Reply 29
Wow, that's awful! They advertise it on their website as first come, first serve basis...but by the sounds of it, it's obviously not!

Yeah that's what I thought it would be too. I had it as my conditional firm and applied for accommodation straight away and didn't get halls. Yet I know a few people who had Kingston as their insurance or went through clearing who managed to get halls. The accommodation services are terrible at Kingston in comparison to the uni itself!
Don't let it put you off though, most of my mates in halls have said they wished they were in houses cos it ends up that most people are in houses rather than in halls!
I remember reading something last year about that as long as you applied by x date that you would be considered and it wasn't on first come first serve.

I also heard from people who didn't get in, was they were given access to DVL and something else.

Again DVL isn't that great if you don't get headed tenancy. Accommodation don't seem to be helping students who don't get headed tenancy.
all i had to do was select 3 options and that was it- and click confirm or something, is that literally all that needs to be done to 'apply for accommodation'?? i didn't get asked which halls i.e. seething wells etc etc...just whether i would like 'en suite/standartd' etc is that all right? I'm worried as it all seemed dead brief and vague! all art and design students are in the same halls though, i know that...

Quick Reply