The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
The Dictator, or rather Der Diktator cos I watched it in German, and partially because of pride of understanding 99% of it in German I'd say 10/10. The Wii game... whilst horrific I really want it :L
Reply 2301
Original post by Spoiltteenbrat
I am glad you enjoyed it. Will recommend some more movies when I am a bit less knackered :tongue:

Spoiler

Excellent way of saying it! you should be some sort of reviewer lol

EDIT: I just watched "mother" and didn't really like it, didn't even finish it... I will be watching the good the bad and the weird, now
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 4TSR
Excellent way of saying it! you should be some sort of reviewer lol

EDIT: I just watched "mother" and didn't really like it, didn't even finish it... I will be watching the good the bad and the weird, now

thank you but no I am not a reviewer, too lazy to type long reviews :tongue:

Anyways, I would recommend "My Sassy girl" the korean movie, you will enjoy it for sure.
Reply 2303
Thank You for Smoking
Goodfellas :smile:
love that film!
Nell (1994). 10/10, words can't describe the way it affected me.
Fast Five.

Really enjoyed it, actually. :biggrin:
Original post by SimpleGirl
Fast Five.

Really enjoyed it, actually. :biggrin:

Come on!! Vin Diesel vs The Rock? Are you kidding me?!

Out of all the the Fast and Furious movies, this one was the least about cars. Yes I know the others weren't much about cars either, but at least cars were featured. This one didn't hide the fact it was a straight up action movie. Why call it Fast Five then?
It was generally an okay over the top cheesy action movie. Vin Diesel is a cool geek (isn't he crazy in to computer games? lol). 7/10

My last movie was Rango.
Overrated surely? I heard raving reviews about it. It's got nothing on Kung Fu Panda, in fact How to Train your Dragon was more fun too. Worth watching though and overall decent, despite having Jonny Depp voicing (he's a little irritating since the Pirates franchise but that's just me, others might enjoy him more). 7/10.
(edited 11 years ago)
Inception, 9/10

Such a great film. :daydreaming:
catch me if u can and in time
Original post by silent ninja
Come on!! Vin Diesel vs The Rock? Are you kidding me?!

Out of all the the Fast and Furious movies, this one was the least about cars. Yes I know the others weren't much about cars either, but at least cars were featured. This one didn't hide the fact it was a straight up action movie. Why call it Fast Five then?
It was generally an okay over the top cheesy action movie. Vin Diesel is a cool geek (isn't he crazy in to computer games? lol). 7/10

My last movie was Rango.
Overrated surely? I heard raving reviews about it. It's got nothing on Kung Fu Panda, in fact How to Train your Dragon was more fun too. Worth watching though and overall decent, despite having Jonny Depp voicing (he's a little irritating since the Pirates franchise but that's just me, others might enjoy him more). 7/10.

You're so strongly opinionated :lol:

To be honest, I haven't even seen the rest of the Fast and Furious movies, so I can't comment. You could be right, the others may have been better and have more cars featured in it; but, I just happened to see the 5th one the other day and thought it was an exciting film :tongue:
Oh, but I do agree, I wasn't so keen on the whole "Vin Diesel vs The Rock" rivalry thing but apart from that, the majority was pretty good.
Original post by SimpleGirl
You're so strongly opinionated :lol:

To be honest, I haven't even seen the rest of the Fast and Furious movies, so I can't comment. You could be right, the others may have been better and have more cars featured in it; but, I just happened to see the 5th one the other day and thought it was an exciting film :tongue:
Oh, but I do agree, I wasn't so keen on the whole "Vin Diesel vs The Rock" rivalry thing but apart from that, the majority was pretty good.

I think the Rock was a good addition. But in a fight The Rock would beat his ass, which was the only thing that seemed a little out of place I thought.
Pursuit of happyness ='(
Original post by muf_mur
catch me if u can and in time

is In Time any good?
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Inception, 9/10

Such a great film. :daydreaming:

=O

why not 10/10??
Reply 2315
Original post by 007Shella
is In Time any good?

its not really good....its OK, watch it if u hav time....:smile:
The American - 7/10.

Interesting movie, I remember when it first came out it was advertised as a Bourne-type thriller, but it's really a subtle, brooding character study of Clooney's character (and ol' George is excellent) with little action. Beautifully shot, and I love how Anton Corbijn gradually builds the sense of paranoia throughout. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glancing at my watch a couple of times. I'm a character/dialogue guy, and this simply wasn't that kind of film.

Saying that, that hooker Clooney was tapping was my kind of woman. :sexface:
Reply 2318
Rushmore - 8.5/10
Off to see Moonrise Kingdom tomorrow so I thought I'd get in the mood for some Wes :colone:
The Machinist - 9/10

Quick Reply

Latest