The Student Room Group

AQA Graphic Products GCSE - 29th May 2012

I can't find a thread for this exam- it's on Tuesday 29th May, and I was wondering if there was anyone else here doing the same exam? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing it too, going to start my revision tomorrow
Reply 2
I think I might start mine tomorrow, too- not a clue how to go about it though, I know so little theory :frown:
Reply 3
sweat much?
Reply 4
Original post by mora11
sweat much?

What do you mean?!
I lost my pre release material, can someone tell me what its about?
Reply 6
Original post by liam123456789
I lost my pre release material, can someone tell me what its about?

Is it anywhere on the AQA website!?
I'm taking this exam I've been revising;
glues
printing processes
plastics
plastic processes e.g injection moulding...
really nervous for it!
Reply 8
I'm really nervous, too... it sounds like you've got a good grasp of what you need to know, though...
Reply 9
trying to revise for section A now! what do people think they are going to ask?

really hate that it's TWO HOURS LONG! and in the afternoon!!!
Reply 10
Original post by escarr15
trying to revise for section A now! what do people think they are going to ask?

really hate that it's TWO HOURS LONG! and in the afternoon!!!

It's horrible, isn't it!?

I have a 2 hour 15 minute English Language exam in the morning, too- how thoughtful of AQA to schedule two long exams on the same day -_-

Section A has the pre-release, which can probably be found online... I'm not sure what to do with it, though, and I havn't a clue how to revise D:
Reply 11
hi guys, i'm worried too, any predictions for section b?
Reply 12
Original post by ellanokesy
hi guys, i'm worried too, any predictions for section b?

Not really, for me... I know what I'd like to come up. And I intend to look at some past papers in a bit, but otherwise, let's hope someone else can help us!
Reply 13
i reckon something to do with plastic uses and manufacture, or glues, since they haven't come up. designer wise, maybe alessi, or wally olins?
Reply 14
i reckon something to do with plastic uses and manufacture, or glues, since they haven't come up. designer wise, maybe alessi, or wally olins?

Oh dear. Where can I revise plastics!?
Those are like, the worst things possible D:
Reply 15
bite size are good for the uses and material choices:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/design/graphics/materialsandcomponentsrev3.shtml
and if you carry on clicking onwards, the adhesives section is pretty good too, glues haven't come up either, as far as i'm aware. :redface:
get revising have loads of good graphics resources, have a look by searching graphics gcse, and you'll find something. :smile:
aaaaaah section a, my teacher spent some time going over it with us, and we've developed a net that i'm just going to memorise and use, and i just need to think think of a different, original alternative, because they ask you for two initial ideas.
so much effort. and i'll bet they'll do a long style 8 marker on sustainability, or the design process or something horrid like that.
x
Reply 16
bite size are good for the uses and material choices:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/design/graphics/materialsandcomponentsrev3.shtml
and if you carry on clicking onwards, the adhesives section is pretty good too, glues haven't come up either, as far as i'm aware. :redface:
get revising have loads of good graphics resources, have a look by searching graphics gcse, and you'll find something. :smile:
aaaaaah section a, my teacher spent some time going over it with us, and we've developed a net that i'm just going to memorise and use, and i just need to think think of a different, original alternative, because they ask you for two initial ideas.
so much effort. and i'll bet they'll do a long style 8 marker on sustainability, or the design process or something horrid like that.
x

i think they've done 8 markers on sustainability already and also product life cycle, so it probably wont be any of those
in section a do you think they'll specify a charity or we can just choose one or make one up? i know last year they did a question about surface decoration and a 3D drawing, and then an evaluation, as well as the initial design
Reply 17
oh yeh, in my mock there was an 8 marker on product life cycle, annoying because i did well in that -.-
my teacher said that they probably would specify, as it makes it a bit too easy because many people may have planned a charity or practised one before. i reckon they'll make us design the box, with the constructional detail to make the money stay in, e.g. a crash lock base, then the logo for the charity and then maybe applying the logo on the box with a 3D drawing?
x
Reply 18
We did NOTHING on section A :frown:
I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

Should I learn things like crash lock bases before I go in!?

And in my mock, I did well on the product life cycle too.
Reply 19
oh yeh, in my mock there was an 8 marker on product life cycle, annoying because i did well in that -.-
my teacher said that they probably would specify, as it makes it a bit too easy because many people may have planned a charity or practised one before. i reckon they'll make us design the box, with the constructional detail to make the money stay in, e.g. a crash lock base, then the logo for the charity and then maybe applying the logo on the box with a 3D drawing?
x

:frown: i hope they don't specify because i've thought of a whole load of simple imagery for this one charity that i can actually draw! it would be alright if they let us make one up. and i have no idea about crash lock bases - none of the charity boxes i've looked at had any...

Quick Reply

Latest