The Student Room Group

I am currently in a dilemma involving 6th form options...

This poll is closed

What should i do? whats best for me?

Stay at current school 15%
Accept offer at different 6th form85%
Total votes: 13
The high school i currently go to is a faith school and i belong to this faith. However though i have done well in terms of GCSEs i feel as if i must go to a different 6th form for Alevels, i want to stay at my current school because of the surroundings and also my friends want me to stay? but my maths tutor tells me he has seen the education given at the school i go to and i should look elsewhere. I have received offers from two other 6th forms, should i stay or go? does it matter if none of my friends are going to the 6th form i go to?
I changed 6th forms to go to a better one, and made more friends that I have more in common with then at the school I was at before. If you live near yor friends and your happy to move go for it
Reply 2
It is a choice that only you can make. You have to think about where you are going to be happiest and where you think that you can achieve the best you can. At any 6th form there are going to be people from different places so there will be many people who know nobody and therefore need to make friends. But if you think you are going to be happier staying with your friends at your current school then maybe this is the best choice. If you did stay on at your current school it might lead to you having to do lots of extra work out of lessons so as to get up to a standard you are happier with so there may need to be more self-teaching if you stayed at the same school than if you went to another one which might have better teaching standards. Either way good luck with whatever choice you do decide to make!!
Reply 3
Original post by Nutty_Psychologist
I changed 6th forms to go to a better one, and made more friends that I have more in common with then at the school I was at before. If you live near yor friends and your happy to move go for it

To be honest im almost 100% i will get better grades but i feel i may not be happy at my new school, but i tell myself its only 2 years
Reply 4
Original post by Tabers
It is a choice that only you can make. You have to think about where you are going to be happiest and where you think that you can achieve the best you can. At any 6th form there are going to be people from different places so there will be many people who know nobody and therefore need to make friends. But if you think you are going to be happier staying with your friends at your current school then maybe this is the best choice. If you did stay on at your current school it might lead to you having to do lots of extra work out of lessons so as to get up to a standard you are happier with so there may need to be more self-teaching if you stayed at the same school than if you went to another one which might have better teaching standards. Either way good luck with whatever choice you do decide to make!!

If i know im going to get better grades i should go, even if i want to stay with friends?
You'll make new friends, easy. :smile:

When considering something as important as your education, you can't be having to consider your friends missing you. They'll understand if they're good pals, and it's not like you can never see each other ever again if you change schools.
Reply 6
Original post by Glenbot3000
You'll make new friends, easy. :smile:

When considering something as important as your education, you can't be having to consider your friends missing you. They'll understand if they're good pals, and it's not like you can never see each other ever again if you change schools.

yes thats exactly what i was thinking, thank you
Reply 7
Original post by raiden95
If i know im going to get better grades i should go, even if i want to stay with friends?

Well you do have to decide where you are going to be happiest. But there will be loads of people who go to a different 6th form and don't know anyone so there will be many people to make new friends with. So I wouldn't automatically decide not to go to a new 6th form because of your friends as you can make new ones, but you have to be happy where you go otherwise it might drag on a bit.
Original post by Nutty_Psychologist

I agree. You can still keep your friends from your current school, but at the new 6th form you will make new friends as well.
It might also be good to have a change. Im assuming you have been at your current school for all of your secondary school life. It might be good to have a change rather than staying where you are.
Original post by raiden95
The high school i currently go to is a faith school and i belong to this faith. However though i have done well in terms of GCSEs i feel as if i must go to a different 6th form for Alevels, i want to stay at my current school because of the surroundings and also my friends want me to stay? but my maths tutor tells me he has seen the education given at the school i go to and i should look elsewhere. I have received offers from two other 6th forms, should i stay or go? does it matter if none of my friends are going to the 6th form i go to?

I am leaving my current school to go to one nearby for a levels. This school has better facilities and seemed very switched on. I think at this point, I needed a change. Question, are there better options (subjects), facilities and grades of current students there? If so, then I would recommend considering this very seriously. I personally felt the need to move schools, because I wanted a change and the new school suited me better. I think you should look round the new 6th forms and decide what YOU want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending