The Student Room Group

Rank Your GCSES in order of Enjoyability

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g_l
Wow that's really unfortunate :frown:
Because the highest you can get on foundation is like a C or B.
That must suck
You must've had a crap teacher... Feel soo badly for youuu :frown:
Surely you (or your parents/guardians) had to give consent before they put you in foundation???!!!!
::rageface::

We only got told on the day of the exam because on our exams sheets said both higher and foundation, and that was supposed to be our motivation to try get good grades in class :angry: oh well, Hopefully i'll get a b overall but i think i did worse in the foundation exam than i should have because i was just fueled with rage,oh well :smile:
Reply 161
Original post by prayforbetterdays
We only got told on the day of the exam because on our exams sheets said both higher and foundation, and that was supposed to be our motivation to try get good grades in class :angry: oh well, Hopefully i'll get a b overall but i think i did worse in the foundation exam than i should have because i was just fueled with rage,oh well :smile:

Oh dear... :/
Hope it goes well though...
1Astronomy :biggrin:
2Physics
3Art (even though the coursework nearly killed me)
4Spanish
5French
6Biology
7Maths
8Chemistry
9English :frown:
10000000000000000000000000000Geography :angry:
Biology - 1 :biggrin:
Chemistry - 2 :cool:
Physics - 5 :mad:
German - 1 :tongue:
Sociology - 2 :smile:
Maths - 3 :s-smilie:
English - 1 :wink:
Reply 164
havnt started GCSE's yet but i think they will be...
1. Music
2. Art
3. Drama
4. English Lit
5. English Lang
6. RS
7. Chemistry
8. Biology
9. Physics
10. Maths

a language will be in there but haven't chosen which one yet :tongue:
Reply 165
Original post by hbk4894
Rank you GCSES in order of how much you enjoy them.

1 being most enjoyable and 5 being least enjoyable

Further Maths (0)
Further Maths (1)
Spanish (1)
Geography (1.5)
English Language (2)
Chemistry (2)
R.E. (2)
French (2)
Physics (2.5)
English Lit (3)
Biology (4)
ICT (5)
Business Studies (∞)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by luke
Further Maths (7)
Further Maths (6)
Spanish (5)
Geography (4.5)
English Language (4)
Chemistry (4)
R.E. (4)
French (4)
Physics (3.5)
English Lit (3)
Biology (2)
ICT (1)
Business Studies (-∞)

You really must like business,in a very mathematical way and yet you hate maths and further maths and yet Maths is so enjoyable and Is Further Maths hard or not?because I was interested in taking it up next year?
Reply 167
1. Maths.
2. Drama.
3. Chemistry
4. Physics.
5.Sociology
6. RE
7. Biology.
8.English lit
9.English language
10.Business studies. *grr*
11. PE ( hate it )
Original post by hbk4894
Rank you GCSES in order of how much you enjoy them.

1 being most enjoyable and 5 being least enjoyable

here are mine

Maths (2)
English (3)
Science(4)
ICT (1)
Geography (5)
RE (2)

They to appear be in order don't.
1: Latin, Physics, Chemistry, German
2: Maths (purely due to crappy maths department at school, still want to do Maths at Cambridge)
3: Classics, Media, English, Biology, History, PE (in spring/summer :ahee:)
4: RS, Citizenship, IT
5: Spanish, PE (in winter), "Workskills BTEC" (the quotes indicate extreme scepticism of "Workskills" as a subject)

Damn romance languages :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MangoFreak
1: Latin, Physics, Chemistry, German
2: Maths (purely due to crappy maths department at school, still want to do Maths at Cambridge)
3: Classics, Media, English, Biology, History, PE (in spring/summer :ahee:)
4: RS, Citizenship, IT
5: Spanish, PE (in winter), "Workskills BTEC" (the quotes indicate extreme scepticism of "Workskills" as a subject)

Damn romance languages :colonhash:

Don't you mock BTECS and Workskills is a subject and it will very well prepare you for the workplace,which many subjects fail to do.How can you like Latin and hate Spanish because they both languages,that aren't too far apart?
Original post by Dalek1099
Don't you mock BTECS and Workskills is a subject and it will very well prepare you for the workplace,which many subjects fail to do.How can you like Latin and hate Spanish because they both languages,that aren't too far apart?

Just because Latin is the ancestor of Latin doesn't make it very close at all. The closest word I've seen in the two languages is "dinero" in Spanish and "denario" in Latin, which basically means "money" (a Roman coin denomination, technically).

And I'll gladly mock BTECs like I mock theists, thank you :ahee:
Just because Latin is the ancestor of Latin doesn't make it very close at all. The closest word I've seen in the two languages is "dinero" in Spanish and "denario" in Latin, which basically means "money" (a Roman coin denomination, technically).

And I'll gladly mock BTECs like I mock theists, thank you :ahee:

They are still very similar in format and they aren't like Chinese,with symbols,so that means they will be roughly the same as French and German.BTECS are equivalent to GCSEs,as proven by Ofqual,who ensure this.
They are still very similar in format and they aren't like Chinese,with symbols,so that means they will be roughly the same as French and German.BTECS are equivalent to GCSEs,as proven by Ofqual,who ensure this.

Academic equivalence =/= employability equivalence.

And of course they're very similar in format, Spanish is descended from Latin! Almost every language in Europe has similar grammar and alphabet. That does not mean that a) I am indebted to Spanish because I enjoy Latin or b) The two languages are similar at all.

Latin is NOTHING like Spanish, merely inheriting it's basic grammatical conventions, alphabet, and some words. If you want a Latin-like language, learn Italian. French and Spanish are extremely different. Many languages use words derived from Latin (and Greek!). German is not a Romance language, but it still has Latin influence.

EDIT: Oh, and just to add, look at Old High German then look at Modern German. Yeah.
(edited 11 years ago)
Academic equivalence =/= employability equivalence.

And of course they're very similar in format, Spanish is descended from Latin! Almost every language in Europe has similar grammar and alphabet. That does not mean that a) I am indebted to Spanish because I enjoy Latin or b) The two languages are similar at all.

Latin is NOTHING like Spanish, merely inheriting it's basic grammatical conventions, alphabet, and some words. If you want a Latin-like language, learn Italian. French and Spanish are extremely different. Many languages use words derived from Latin (and Greek!). German is not a Romance language, but it still has Latin influence.

EDIT: Oh, and just to add, look at Old High German then look at Modern German. Yeah.

You tell him! :P I do French and I know for a fact it differs greatly from Spanish! BTECs are non existent in the yes of universities...
Reply 175
You really must like business,in a very mathematical way and yet you hate maths and further maths and yet Maths is so enjoyable and Is Further Maths hard or not?because I was interested in taking it up next year?

Haha, :') I got the "1 = enjoyable, 5 = not enjoyable" the wrong way round. >.<
I HATE Business Studies, and really like Maths :smile: When you say you're taking it next you do you mean the GCSE equivalent or AS-Level?
Reply 176
1. History
2. English Lang. & Lit.
3. Welsh Lang. & Lit.
4. French
5. Biology
6. Geography
7. Music
8. Maths
9. Sports
10. Physics
11. Chemistry
12. RE
Reply 177
1. Art
2. Chemistry
3. French
4. Biology
5. Maths
6. English
7. Physics
8. Astronomy
9. Citizenship
10. ICT

100000000- Geography.
1.History (best teacher in country in mine and every class he teachs opinion)
2. English lang and lit (love it)
3. Food tech (so funny messed around so much)
4. French (great teacher last year...new teacher not very good but great banter this year)
5.Chemestry (find it really hard)
6.Physics (nice teacher but find physics boring)
7.Maths (changed teachers to a great one this year)
8. Biology (changed teachers from amazing to awful)
9. Geography (hate it)
Chem - 1
Art- 2
Bio - 3
ICT-4
Maths - 5
German- 6
Public Services (Btec) - 7
RS- 8
English - 9
Physics -10
Furthmaths - 11