which medical school are you attending? :smile:
Reply 2
A London one
Hows the work load?
Reply 4
Original post by soontobedoctor
A London one

I hear that's the best one :colonhash:

Are you glad you decided to do medicine?
Reply 5
Ok TSR, I'm in the middle of studying for finals and need to wind down. Ask me any burning questions you have about medical school. Bizarre, quirky, crude questions welcome. I'll do my best to answer honestly.

Hi :smile:,
Which uni offers a 3 year medical degree for graduates, I checked on ucas and I can only see 4 year graduate medical degree. Thank you
Reply 6
Original post by Obadetona
I hear that's the best one :colonhash:

Are you glad you decided to do medicine?

Yes and No. I went into medicine for the wrong reasons: I chose it because I wanted a challenge. I have become slightly disillusioned down the years about this profession, that promises so much but guarantees little. I do enjoy learning about it, however.
Reply 7
Are there many mature students (like 25+) on your course?
Reply 8
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Hows the work load?

For lack of a better phase: a **** load
what was the worst part of your training so far?
Original post by jami74
Are there many mature students (like 25+) on your course?

Yes, quite a few. Roughly over 10%? Some are even over 30.
What were your GCSE grades may I ask?
Reply 12
Why did you want to study medicine?

I dare you not to use the following words and phases: science, care, giving back to community

No cheating either :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dandaman9999
What were your GCSE grades may I ask?

Can't remember now... but all As or A*s. Tbh though, it doesn't really matter, so long you get As/A*s in science and math.
Reply 14
Hi ,
Sorry think you missed my post
Which uni offers a 3 year medical degree for graduates, I checked on ucas and I can only see 4 year graduate medical degree. Thank you
How many hours a week studying do you do?

How much free time do you get?

Do you use any bio or chem a-level ?

Do you feel stressed alot or put down/lack of confidence at all?
Ok TSR, I'm in the middle of studying for finals and need to wind down. Ask me any burning questions you have about medical school. Bizarre, quirky, crude questions welcome. I'll do my best to answer honestly.

Hi there!

It would be lovely for you to tell me what universities' general views are towards students with gap years (the year after Year 13) are. Is it an overall advantage or disadvatage?

Good luck for your daunting finals!
Original post by rae_
Why did you want to medicine?

I dare you not to use the following words and phases: science, care, giving back to community

No cheating either :P

Because of delusions of grandeur: I was an over-confident 18 year old who believed he had the talent to do anything he wished. I debated between Art and Medicine. In the end, I felt bored and needed a challenge so I chose the latter.
Original post by Liil_Ali
Hi ,
Sorry think you missed my post

Whichever one does, I guarantee you they'll write University with two "n"s on your diploma :wink:
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Hi there!

It would be lovely for you to tell me what universities' general views are towards students with gap years (the year after Year 13) are. Is it an overall advantage or disadvatage?

Good luck for your daunting finals!

Pretty sure it has no bearing. A lot of my classmates went on gap years. It may be indirectly an advantage, because (hopefully) you will have gained some life experienced by then and come off as a more mature person in your application.