The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

1) Does anyone want to buy a summer ball ticket?

2) Is there anyway to find 2012-2013 academic year timetable?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I just got an email about portico. I went onto the new students website and it mentions pre-enrolment. Any idea what this is about? It says on the website:

"You will also be asked to accept UCL’s academic and financial regulations and agree to the Data Protection Statement. This is also your opportunity to familiarise yourself with the UCL Student Relationship guidelines."

But went I went into portico, I saw nothing about a data protection statement or a student relationship guideline. Can anyone shed any light?
Hi, I have submitted my application (IMESS Politics and Security track) on the 26 April. I still haven't heard from them. Should I send them an e-mail, or I should wait a little? And another thing, is everyone who have applied been interviewed? What do they ask on interviews and how long do they last?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 2523
Original post by AnnaWintour
Hi, I have submitted my application (IMESS Politics and Security track) on the 26 April. I still haven't heard from them. Should I send them an e-mail, or I should wait a little? And another thing, is everyone who have applied been interviewed? What do they ask on interviews and how long do they last?

Thank you :smile:

Hello,

Yes, I have received a conditional offer for the same track, I waited for a month and a half and was beginning to give up on it. Frankly, I was overjoyed when I got the offer a few days back. :smile: I think you should wait till first half of June before you send them a mail regarding your application status. I was about to send them one 'cause the anticipation builds up, though I did not.
I have not been interviewed yet, but I think there might be one if you're selected for the scholarship as well. No interview for the offer though. So no worries! ^_^
What is your Year 2 choice? Mine is HSE, Moscow.
Good Luck though :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bhax
Hello,

Yes, I have received a conditional offer for the same track, I waited for a month and a half and was beginning to give up on it. Frankly, I was overjoyed when I got the offer a few days back. :smile: I think you should wait till first half of June before you send them a mail regarding your application status. I was about to send them one 'cause the anticipation builds up, though I did not.
I have not been interviewed yet, but I think there might be one if you're selected for the scholarship as well. No interview for the offer though. So no worries! ^_^
What is your Year 2 choice? Mine is HSE, Moscow.
Good Luck though :smile:

Wow, looong time, but I have no choice, it's up to them. For year 2 my first choice is Serbia (I understand Serbian), second choice Czech R. ( I like the Uni), third choice Poland ( i started learning Polish) and so on... I am a little afraid because I do not meet the English proficiency requirements. My TOEFL iBT score is 95 instead of 100, and my reading is 20 instead of 24 (the other sub-scores are ok). So, I hope that won't be a problem ...
Btw, I am a first honors degree student, maybe that would compensate.
(edited 11 years ago)
HI ALL,
please tell me if there are good job prospects after Msc Economics from UCL for non European Union students? Is it too hard to get companies to sponsor you for work permit?
Reply 2526
Heyy,

I was just wondering what medicine would be like at UCL (the people, opportunities, lectures, resources etc.)

Any information would be great pleease ^^
Thanks
Reply 2527
In Portico I have read - "Information about enrolment will be made available via Portico towards the end of July to those who have accepted an unconditional offer." I wonder, what information is it talking about? Can it be, that I will meet the condition but I will not be admitted?

Thank you in advance.
Is the economics course good?
Reply 2529
Anyone can recommend a reading list for freshers for the Economics (L100) course? :smile:
Reply 2530
Original post by Hovgoro
In Portico I have read - "Information about enrolment will be made available via Portico towards the end of July to those who have accepted an unconditional offer." I wonder, what information is it talking about? Can it be, that I will meet the condition but I will not be admitted?

Thank you in advance.

Why shouldn't you be admitted? It just says that if you accept their offer, you will notified about enrolment in July.
Original post by Hovgoro

Thank you in advance.

Did you receive conditional offer?
Reply 2532
Did you receive conditional offer?

I received it in February 17 ))
Original post by Hovgoro
I received it in February 17 ))

Congratz :smile: I am still waiting
Reply 2534
Congratz :smile: I am still waiting

Thanks)
If I am not mistaken you have applied for IMESS ?
Original post by Hovgoro
Thanks)
If I am not mistaken you have applied for IMESS ?

Yes, Politics and Security track
Reply 2536
Yes, Politics and Security track

Good luck to you:wink:
Reply 2537
Hello !
I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how much it costs approx per week to go to UCL including housing (Non-catered). Also, is tuition fee inclusive of the costs of doing the university of London exams ?
And when do we have to start the pre-enrollment stuff, it seems quite detailed :s-smilie:
I want to get a job as well to help with food etc., are there many available to students and will it be hard to do both work and study ?

Thanks !
Original post by jules94
Hello !
I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how much it costs approx per week to go to UCL including housing (Non-catered). Also, is tuition fee inclusive of the costs of doing the university of London exams ?
And when do we have to start the pre-enrollment stuff, it seems quite detailed :s-smilie:
I want to get a job as well to help with food etc., are there many available to students and will it be hard to do both work and study ?

Thanks !

Here is the UCL prospectus concerning financial matters (and information about finding a job):
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/admission/transitions/pdfs/living-in-london_2008.pdf

This is part of text on UCL's website:
Estimates of how much money you will need may vary considerably, as the lifestyles and circumstances of individual students differ. For a single, graduate student studying for a calendar year, an estimated average would be in the region of £220 per week. This should be considered only as a guide; some students may find they can live within this allowance, yet others may find it insufficient to meet their expectations.

If you applied for IMESS program, here is a link to find out about costs of living:
http://www.imess.eu/_5living.php

I am interested in working also, however, I still don't know the outcome of my application :smile:

I hope I helped you :smile:
Are there any exchange programs at UCL, like Cambridge-MIT exchange program. For instance, can I study a year out at Yale???( Yale-UCL http://yale-ucl.org/index.aspx ) like do Cambridge undergraduates????

Quick Reply

Latest