The Student Room Group

Should I even bother turning up for my retake? Will it make a difference if I don't?

Hey, I've got a WJEC english retake tomorrow, but I calculated my results and it really doesn't matter what I get on my retake tomorrow, it's impossible for me to push my OVERALL GCSE A up to an A*. Should I even bother going in tomorrow? What would happen if I didn't?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
If its language then yes.
Reply 2
Why?
Reply 3
Well i find it more important that Lit and its very useful.
Reply 4
I think you should since you've spent money on the retake and you could look to get a high A if this retake results in you getting a higher UMS.
Reply 5
You're under no obligation, but ring the school to say you're not going. Otherwise they will waste their time ringing you up etc.
Reply 6
Yeah you should seriously go because if the exam is particularly difficult the grade boundaries may shift (albeit not much) and there may be a possibility you will get an A* - it's worth a shot :smile:
Reply 7
I would go, to avoid causing complication, and as said, you don't know for SURE you can't get an A*. Like, with coursework, the boundaries could change etc.

As said, if you really are adamant on not going, at least tell the school!
Reply 8
You shoud go. Just try, bro, who knows the grade boundaries could change.
Reply 9
Just go, you've got nothing to lose! And if you don't, tell the school so they don't waste time trying to find you.
Reply 10
Original post by dweedman
Hey, I've got a WJEC english retake tomorrow, but I calculated my results and it really doesn't matter what I get on my retake tomorrow, it's impossible for me to push my OVERALL GCSE A up to an A*. Should I even bother going in tomorrow? What would happen if I didn't?

Go to it. Even if you see it as pointless just sit in the exam room and dont do the paper, your school will charge you the £60 cost of the exam if you dont have a valid medical reason as for why you didnt come.
Did you end up going?

Because if it was Unit 1, from what I've heard today you've just been through 1 hour of hair-shredding madness xD
Reply 12
It wasn't that hard :/ although I really didn't get the first question because it didn't say how much a and b were individually worth, it looked like a wasn't worth anything :s-smilie: stupid foxes :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest