The Student Room Group

OCR PSYCHOLOGY G542 core studies May 2012

Scroll to see replies

The only thing i know is Loftus & Palmer and the odds are not in my favour :frown:
I literally know nothingg!
Reply 201
Original post by strangerme
D1 G542 What you need to know.pdf

- go through this and make sure you know each thing mentioned in page 2 . this is will help you with sec A and sec B .
Sec C - revise more on Behaviourist and Social / I.D .

Tip - don't do an all nighter - it will only tire you out when it comes to actually doing the exams - your body wont be able to cope.
- therefore learn off sec C by heart before you go to sleep (do not be awake after 12.30 - its bad apparantely.)
- wake up in the morning at 5 and go through sec A/ things you need to know attachment)
- do a past paper- mainly helpful ones are june 2010 and jan 2011.
( i am doing the same routine).
And final tip - pray ~especially to St Thomas of Cupertino.

(Prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino - really helps you in exams and seeking success in exams.

O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who by your prayer obtained from God to be asked at your examination, the only preposition you knew. Grant that I may like you succeed in the ( ) exam which I am now preparing.
In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
Through Christ our Lord, Amen.
O St. Joseph of Cupertino pray for me
St. Thomas Aquinas pray for me
O Holy Ghost enlighten me
Our Lady of Good Studies pray for me
Sacred Head of Jesus, Seat of divine wisdom, enlighten me.)

GOOD LUCK. :biggrin:

thankyou sooo much..this will really help, i love the little religious bit at the end...really made me smile, but im a muslim so intead ill be praying to Allah, i just want to praise you though for at least portraying some religious teaching, as many people today have lost their religion, and those who are trying to fullfill their religion are held back by stigmatisation and steryotyping ...being muslim does not make me a terrorist.. if you get what i mean, anywayz thanxx really usefull :smile: x

gud luck with your exams aswell x which ever god is existant will inshallah surely help you after giving me such good advice
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 202
Helpful Revision Aids

All credit goes to the people who made these.
Reply 203
Original post by strangerme
hopefully this will help - great resources for core studies :biggrin:

everything you need to know in kinda detail - Core Studies Booklet..docx

aims and methods on each study - aims and method.docx

what you should know - D1 G542 What you need to know.pdf

like the cognitive attachment, have u got the same for the rest of the approaches?, thnkx!
Reply 204
Original post by Mojojojo
The only thing i know is Loftus & Palmer and the odds are not in my favour :frown:
I literally know nothingg!

babe.. the night is young, and time is not getting any younger... get your head down and get revising.. you might suprise ur self ...gud luk anywayz x
Reply 205
Thought I'd just upload my completed revision notes that I'll be reading like crazy tomorrow morning. They cover all the studies and the social, ID, behaviourist and development approaches. Hope this is of use for anyone, feel free to adapt it to your likings.
Original post by al_miller
Helpful Revision Aids

All credit goes to the people who made these.

Oh my god where did you get that powerpoint? I was sent that by my teacher!
Reply 207
Original post by eselle
Thought I'd just upload my completed revision notes that I'll be reading like crazy tomorrow morning. They cover all the studies and the social, ID, behaviourist and development approaches. Hope this is of use for anyone, feel free to adapt it to your likings.

Thanks a lot for that, I've done literally no revision whatsoever due to problems going on, and that is really helpful :cool:
Original post by Nas.
Thanks a lot for that, I've done literally no revision whatsoever due to problems going on, and that is really helpful :cool:

You'll learn all about an external locus of control next year. :wink:
Reply 209
How long is everyone staying up for to revise for this exam??
Reply 210
All nighter for sure
I'll probably sleep like 4-11. Messed up sleeping pattern, the mark schemes are great to revise from, shows exactly what the examiners want! :smile:
Reply 212
Original post by Celina2
All nighter for sure

same.. by the look of it.. really should have started earlier... nothings sticking in my head..im gonna fail .. gud luk with ur exam anywayz x
Reply 213
Original post by shezshez
I'll probably sleep like 4-11. Messed up sleeping pattern, the mark schemes are great to revise from, shows exactly what the examiners want! :smile:

that seems a really gud idea... but unfortionately i dont even know the basic knoledge yet, gonna be a late night for me hunn.. but gud luck with ur exam xx
i suggest cofee, keep u buzzing till 12.. best wishes x
Reply 214
I normally go to sleep at around 3ish anyway, but due to so many people telling me not to this during exams I go to sleep at 1.30 around exam dates. Defo gonna wake up early though, gotta get through everything!
Good luck everyone for tomorrow :smile:
Anyone up for some last minute questions?
Reply 216
Can someone help pleasssseeee!!! Will be very much appreciated.
Describe one similarity and diffrencce between any studies that could be viewed from the behaviorist perspective (6)

Trying to think of a similarity and difference between milgram and badura but i've gone blank :frown:
Original post by Mari1
Can someone help pleasssseeee!!! Will be very much appreciated.
Describe one similarity and diffrencce between any studies that could be viewed from the behaviorist perspective (6)

Trying to think of a similarity and difference between milgram and badura but i've gone blank :frown:

One similarity between Bandura and Pilavain is that they both used oppurtunistic samples etc etc etc....

One difference between griffiths and Bandura is that Griffiths studied a sample that had a mean age of around 24. while Bandura studied children ages 2.5-5 years old. waffle waffle

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure if Pilavian is a behavorist study actually :s
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 218
Original post by eselle
Could someone help me with a question simliar to 'Describe how the individual differences approach could explain addiction experienced in Gamblers' which will be 4 marks?

Gambling Addiction - all individuals differ in bahaviour and no one can be considered 'normal'(1). Heuristics are used in gambling usually using the wrong ones, at the wrong place(1). Griffiths found that RG's used more irrational verbalisations than NRG's (eg. blaming the machine) (14% more) which is irrational because it is not the machine it is the player (2).
Hope this helps(:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by nonabona
thankyou sooo much..this will really help, i love the little religious bit at the end...really made me smile, but im a muslim so intead ill be praying to Allah, i just want to praise you though for at least portraying some religious teaching, as many people today have lost their religion, and those who are trying to fullfill their religion are held back by stigmatisation and steryotyping ...being muslim does not make me a terrorist.. if you get what i mean, anywayz thanxx really usefull :smile: x

gud luck with your exams aswell x which ever god is existant will inshallah surely help you after giving me such good advice

ahh.. thank you so much. i am just doing my part. there is only one person up there - all in different characteristics. anyway good luck and al-Hamdu lillah! x :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending