The Student Room Group

Can I still get the A level if one paper is missed?

For one of my subjects, Ive taken 3 papers (%75) and 1 more is remaining. Getting an A would be out of the question obviously but do you think this is still enough to pass?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Should be. Normal pass is around 50-60%, so 75% should get you a pass easily.
No, OP means that he has done 3 out of the 4 papers. I don't think he has gotten full UMS on all three papers...
Original post by vakanuvis
For one of my subjects, Ive taken 3 papers (%75) and 1 more is remaining. Getting an A would be out of the question obviously but do you think this is still enough to pass?

What grades/UMS have you achieved in the three papers?
Reply 4
Well this is CIE so i dont know if ums applies here. And the grades wont be available till august, but they should be above average, at least

Well this is CIE so i dont know if ums applies here. And the grades wont be available till august, but they should be above average, at least

Why are you going to miss a paper?
Reply 6
basically i dont know its content, if i were to take it (which is in 2 hrs) i would give it back blank.

basically i dont know its content, if i were to take it (which is in 2 hrs) i would give it back blank.

I think you have to sit the paper anyway so that you actually get the A-level qualification. If all the units are equal weighing then you would get a D as 225/400 is above 50%
You should take it anyway and try to do what you can.
I'd take it anyway- you might be able to scrape a few extra marks here and there. What do you have to lose?
Reply 10
when's the paper? because if its tomoro or something then it might be worth revising a few sections and getting a few marks...anything is better than 0
tbh pretty much any subject you can think of will have at least a few marks in a paper that can be gotten without even any revision...sit the paper! :smile:
Reply 11
oh just read the OP's comment and realised the exam is now...hope you're sitting it :smile:
Reply 12
nope, skipped it. i know nuttin bout poisson distros &the like. what i had to lose is time, cos i ve 2 more exams this week & revisin them nao.

as for weighs, the first 2 papers are %30 and the last 2 are %20. so i have 80% already, (i double checkd, so the 75 i mentiond first post isnt correct)hope im ok :s-smilie:

thx anyway guys

(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply