The Student Room Group

A2 Film Studies - exam revison?

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do the question on Power, Poverty and Conflict about the distinctive film techniques?
This may be a bit stupid asking this but the word distinctive threw me of this question...what's the difference, if any, between distinctive techniques and just film techniques? I think I was too generalised when answering this question.

Thanks.
Reply 41
I did question 1, 16 and 26 :biggrin:
Reply 42
Robinson521
Did anyone do the question on Power, Poverty and Conflict about the distinctive film techniques?
This may be a bit stupid asking this but the word distinctive threw me of this question...what's the difference, if any, between distinctive techniques and just film techniques? I think I was too generalised when answering this question.

Thanks.

distinctive just means ones that were obvious, like things that stood out or were different :smile:
Reply 43
Anyone do the section on Empowering Women? I did that using All About My Mother, the emotional response question using Funny Games/Freaks and the critical study question using Fight Club.
Jessica,
distinctive just means ones that were obvious, like things that stood out or were different :smile:

Hmm thanks. I should be okay then...hopefully. One of my points was the distinctive camera work used by Paulo Lins in City of God and also by Mathieu Kassovitz in La Haine and obviously the way La Haine was filmed.
does anyone have any very good exemplar essays for any sections? please? =)
Original post by stew12349
Does anyone have any notes on theories of emotional response etc.
I know most of the basics but am finding it hard to find enough material on actual emotional response. We've looked at Clover, Mulvey, Wood etc. but could do with something more specific to audiences reaction, identification, response etc. Cheers.:smile:

I need film theory. What film theory do you have?
Original post by emmah1992
Watching the films always a really good way to revise and then focusing on specific scenes for micro analysis, I think more generally it's a good idea to look at your films themes/ style/ genre/ performance/ narrative ect. And make diagrams and then do practice essays (there's some good ones in the text book)

For section A revising the history of the cinema in the region you're focusing on is good

Hope that's helpful!

I know this is years later but what textbook did you use.Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending