The Student Room Group

Government And Politics Edexcel A Level??

Hi, I'm just finishing my GCSE's and starting A-Levels this september. I was reading through the specification and noticed that at A2 you get four choices. So my question is, do the students choose the topic they would like to do or is it the College's choice? I just really want to do US politics!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Best not to think of them as four "choices", but rather four topics that you could end up doing.
Reply 2
I've just done the AS politics exam. AS politics only consists of British politics whilst A2 is focused more on the US. I don't think you actually get to choose the topics because in AS I had to study all of them as any one of them could come up in the exam.
Reply 3
Original post by georgeg
Hi, I'm just finishing my GCSE's and starting A-Levels this september. I was reading through the specification and noticed that at A2 you get four choices. So my question is, do the students choose the topic they would like to do or is it the College's choice? I just really want to do US politics!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

what exam board is it?
because if it is edexcel then the college will choose which topic you are going to do!

good luck!
Reply 4
The college will choose them. Unless you want to teach yourself, which is probably doable with the ideologies unit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending