The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by McWorker
its still on until the 5th July, the chicago supreme is back.

The next one is "Euro Food Event"

Onion rings and some burgers with lumpy bread

I guess this is for Euro 2012 , i thought the Tastes Of America was for 4 weeks only and didnt the Arizona Grande run out?
Reply 6441
Original post by McWorker
its still on until the 5th July, the chicago supreme is back.

The next one is "Euro Food Event"

Onion rings and some burgers with lumpy bread

Original post by scott125
I guess this is for Euro 2012 , i thought the Tastes Of America was for 4 weeks only and didnt the Arizona Grande run out?

The last week of GTA is just getting rid of any GTA stock we've got left, will be different for different stores. I know the Texas ran out nationally, so I doubt anyone will be running that for the last week.

http://www.ourlounge.co.uk/group/ourlounge/euro-food-event

That's the Euro stuff we start next Wednesday.
Original post by Dashavoo
From Connexions website:

However, if your 16th Birthday falls before the start of September (i.e. the next school year), you are no longer considered as being of compulsory school age, and are therefore entitled to minimum wage and everything else a 16yo school leaver is entitled to.

According to HM Revenue & Customs, minimum wage is:

LittleMissTwinkle, my guess would be that you get exactly minimum wage, but I don't really know much about McDonalds pay schemes (nor do I care to).

Seriously is there really any point in working for just over £3 per hour? It means in an eight hour shift you would only make £27.20. Have you thought about maybe selling things on eBay etc if you want spare cash, rather than doing all that hard work for only a few pounds an hour whilst others alongside you are getting around £7 per hour just because they're 3/4 years older than you? But if you're doing it for your CV to help you in your future then fair enough! Go for it! :biggrin: Good luck!
Reply 6443
oi, to those in the know. is the big tasty coming back!????????????
How exactly long does it take for McDonald's to get back to you whether you're requested for interview or not for a crew member? Been way over a week now. Also just applied (well yesterday) to an evening post.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by GeorgeHWheeler
I would also like to know this! Also the form it said to take back with them that they provided to do with proof to work in the UK, do we have to take the form back with us? Or do we just take the documents to prove we can? I'm gonna take photocopies of my driving licence, passport and mini birth certificate, do you reckon they'll be okay?

Thanks
George

The photocopies should be fine, however they may ask to see the originals once just for verification. In my case, photocopies were fine, but they asked to verify the originals in my store afterwards.
Had my first gap this week! 100% :awesome:

(To be fair, though, I basically just stood there and took the money while three managers ran around like headless chickens getting everything together :wink: The meal was already on the tray by the time I'd counted the change :tongue:)
Am I the only one that can't get onto McTime?? Like, it won't even load it up at all, just get a blank tab :/
Original post by Ronda
The last week of GTA is just getting rid of any GTA stock we've got left, will be different for different stores. I know the Texas ran out nationally, so I doubt anyone will be running that for the last week.

http://www.ourlounge.co.uk/group/ourlounge/euro-food-event

That's the Euro stuff we start next Wednesday.

Ah cool , i was in Trongate Mcdonalds today and they had the New York Classic still on. The Arizona Grande was the best .
Original post by 1broader
oi, to those in the know. is the big tasty coming back!????????????

I see in Ireland they have it on the menu permanently.
Reply 6450
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Am I the only one that can't get onto McTime?? Like, it won't even load it up at all, just get a blank tab :/

Same here, it's a pain and I'm sure it never used to be like this. It's only been the past year or since they started doing maintenance on Ourlounge every other week!
Reply 6451
Original post by Ronda
I know it's normally any leftover stock but this year it's actually stated that the Chicago is meant to be for the final week. I figured the reasoning was because it's the only thing with ingredients that are always in the restaurant :tongue:
How easy is it to transfer usually? I've only been there about 5 weeks or so (but they're very impressed with me by the looks of it. On my 2nd/3rd shift I was come up to about 3 times by managers asking if I'd worked at McD's before because I was so good haha. Ego boost :P). I'm thinking of moving to the city next to me. Whilst I don't mind the £3 train fare every day, there's 2 closer stores nearer which I'd obviously prefer to work at. I assume it's just a case of keeping an eye on the vacancies and calling up/ asking?
Reply 6453
Original post by Stacks
I know it's normally any leftover stock but this year it's actually stated that the Chicago is meant to be for the final week. I figured the reasoning was because it's the only thing with ingredients that are always in the restaurant :tongue:

I obviously didn't read stuff properly! Although, we're still doing the New York, without red onion cause we've ran out... So apparently no one else in my store can read properly either and just assumed it was the same as previous years (or are too lazy to change the menu boards and posters) :p:

As for ourlounge, since the last maintenance thingy, I've only been able to get on to it with the www. before the address.
Still can't get on :/ This sucks.
Reply 6455
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Still can't get on :/ This sucks.

Me neither....not sure if I'm in today or not. Store phone is permanently engaged and I'm not walking two miles in the rain to find out I don't start until one - or that I was meant to start at nine. Only been there 5/6 weeks, thinking already about leaving.
Original post by Tatpfun
Me neither....not sure if I'm in today or not. Store phone is permanently engaged and I'm not walking two miles in the rain to find out I don't start until one - or that I was meant to start at nine. Only been there 5/6 weeks, thinking already about leaving.

:/ Stick it out if you can, I found it alright for a few weeks, then went through a phase where I wanted to quit every other shift, I'm alright with it now though, bit more confident about everything :smile: If it's really awful though I would quit, the biggest reason I didn't though is because there was nowhere else I could possibly get a job, they were the only place hiring!

I just feel guilty, cos someone sent me a message last night asking if I could cover today but I've not been able to get back to her about it, and I'm trying to find out if I need to cover my friend next Friday as well....grrr....will try again later!
I can't get onto McTime either. Seems this thread is practically the 'Service Update' status for McTime :smile:

Muffin Head
Well, a slight improvement in that it actually loads up the address now even though it can't connect...I will get on at some point!
Wahey! I got on! Schedule still not up but hey ho! Finally, I've only been trying for like 2 days :/

Latest

Trending

Trending