The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipswichblade
Yes because there was so much riding on it. Too much pressure on both teams but especially us, being the team who finished 3rd and 9 points ahead of them. Tis a joke.

Exactly my point, finals have so much riding on them that there is always the likelihood that the two teams are going to go out not to lose rather than to win. In which case pens are needed. Still, no shot on target until the 80th odd minute is embaressing for any game of footy.

I was rooting for the blades. Watching in a pub in Birimingham with a few Sheffield and Barnsley fans which made it a little more exciting. At no point were the blades fans confident of anything, you and playoff really dont go together unfortunately.
Original post by original_username
Exactly my point, finals have so much riding on them that there is always the likelihood that the two teams are going to go out not to lose rather than to win. In which case pens are needed. Still, no shot on target until the 80th odd minute is embaressing for any game of footy.

I was rooting for the blades. Watching in a pub in Birimingham with a few Sheffield and Barnsley fans which made it a little more exciting. At no point were the blades fans confident of anything, you and playoff really dont go together unfortunately.

Yep. At no point yesterday I thought we were going to do it. Sadly we never do in the play offs. Automatic places or nothing.
Looks on the face of things that United chucked automatic promotion away. But they would have easily gone up anyway had Wednesday not gone on a 14 match unbeaten run at the end of the season. On that basis I'm inclined to say Wednesday won i rather than United lost it.

The finest of margins in the end though; and United would have gone up was it not for Antonio's 95th minute winner against Carlisle United with three games left, right in front of the Kop where I was sat! A moment never to be forgotten. It felt like a massive turning point then and so it proved to be.
Reply 7063
Sheffield Wednesday are like Aston Villa always lucky, oh well we will thrash you owls when you come to us and then we'll brick your coach again like we did last time you came down you wednesday scum, ZULU's gonna get ya

We shouldn't even be in the CHampionship cuz we're better than that, wednesday might as well give up now
Original post by SOTV
Sheffield Wednesday are like Aston Villa always lucky, oh well we will thrash you owls when you come to us and then we'll brick your coach again like we did last time you came down you wednesday scum, ZULU's gonna get ya

We shouldn't even be in the CHampionship cuz we're better than that, wednesday might as well give up now

Nice! :rolleyes:
Original post by ipswichblade
Nice! :rolleyes:

Haha! Fabulously insightful post above ^^^ :frown:
Original post by dudleyian
Haha! Fabulously insightful post above ^^^ :frown:

Exactly the type of person that gives decent football fans like us, a bad name. :rolleyes:
Reply 7067
Original post by SOTV

Who do you even support?! And please learn how to write. Moron.
Original post by cloop
Who do you even support?! And please learn how to write. Moron.

Not likely to get a response since he's been given a permanent ban, but I'd guess at Birmingham City from the mention of Zulus, and the dislike of Villa.
Bad, bad day for cardiff:frown:
Give it a couple of years and I reckon the Cardiff fans will warm to it.

When you're losing that much money a month you need a drastic change. :dontknow:
Original post by marcusmerehay
Give it a couple of years and I reckon the Cardiff fans will warm to it.

When you're losing that much money a month you need a drastic change. :dontknow:

I'd take the money for us to survive, not for premiership football. People will always be annoyed because the owners said they wouldn't do it, and furthermore we won't become a successful club just because of the colour, so why do it?
Essentially we've made our bed with the debt, just makes a mockery out of tradition
Could be worse, you could be a Birmingham fan.

Still no sign of our accounts, Hughton fleeing the sinking ship (who could blame him), criminal owner and looks to be only getting worse.
Reply 7073
Oxford fan here, missed out on the playoffs due to a 7 game (or so) implosion at the end of the season. May be selling our top scorer to a league 2 rival and potentially losing one of our better young midfield talents too. Plus we may yet see rugby at the Kasstad! Oh dear times are changing, hoping the manager signs some decent replacements if needed!
Reply 7074
Fixtures Relased today , Bolton fan here , Burnley away for us first day of the season , mixed feeling about it.
Just seen the new fixtures, we (Bristol City fan here) are playing Notts Florist. Normally an...eventful game.
Florist away on the final day, that could be very fun...
Reply 7077
Bristol Rovers away 1st game for us, personally gutted about that as I will be away at uni for the new season in Bath so could really have done with that game coming in mid season!
So then, Notts Forest have apparently been taken over by some Kuwaiti bloke :holmes:

Al Hasawi, a member of one of Kuwait’s richest families and who resigned as president of Kuwaiti club Qadsia earlier this year, was granted a period of exclusivity by the East Midlands club 10 days ago while he carried out due diligence.
He has made no secret that he was aiming to buy a second-tier English club, with the two-times winners of the European Cup having just retained their Championship status and on the market since the sudden death of owner Nigel Doughty in February.
Al Hasawi announced the takeover had been successful last night on his Twitter account. “I can officially announce that the acquisition of Nottingham Forest is complete,” he said. His news was greeted with delight by the playing staff.
“Great news,” said striker Dexter Blackstock in a tweet of his own.
There have been suggestions that the potential new owners would want to replace Steve Cotterill as manager, with Neil Warnock, who is currently in charge of Championship rivals Leeds United, mentioned as a likely candidate.
Forest are one of only eight clubs to have retained the European Cup, securing their second crown in 1980, but they have fallen on hard times and have not played in the Premier League since being relegated in 1999.
The club ended last season in 19th place in the Championship. However, Al Hasawi spelled out a golden vision for Forest last Friday.
“We wish to bring the club back to where it belongs in the top division. Together we can bring the glory days back,” he said.
His family’s main business interests are in property, hotels and air conditioning, while Fawaz recently quit as chairman of Kuwait’s Qadsia football club, which has won the past four domestic championships.
On June 25, a company called NFFC Group Holdings Ltd was registered with Britain’s Companies House. Omar Al Hasawi is a director of this firm, according to the Director Check website.
The Hasawis, while wealthy, are unlikely to rival the lavish spending of Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour at Premier League champions Manchester City.
Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur are understood to have tabled a bid for Forest defender Jamaal Lascelles, 18.

Could make for an interesting season next year - just hope Cotterill gets to blow that money on some ridiculous ****.
Original post by Alofleicester
Could make for an interesting season next year - just hope Cotterill gets to blow that money on some ridiculous ****.

Cott's has just been given his marching orders :wink:

Curbishley would be a great replacement.

Latest