London

SOAS Applicants Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea... I'm probably just being an eager beaver to be honest :smile:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by Kukukichu
I have no idea... I'm probably just being an eager beaver to be honest :smile:

Well I do remember reading something about it on the website, so I'm sure there's no need to stress to much :smile:
It's all ok, I firmed Japanese today!
Original post by little fish
Is there anyone here who applied for the SOAS Master's Scholarship? I have and am REALLY on edge now as apparently decisions are sent out in May... has anyone received anything from them yet? :confused:

I applied for this. I've heard nothing :frown: I'm feeling a bit dejected about it really. Have you heard anything yet?
It's all ok, I firmed Japanese today!

:banana:
Original post by aimeeus_prime
I applied for this. I've heard nothing :frown: I'm feeling a bit dejected about it really. Have you heard anything yet?

No, and I've been checking this forum every day to see if anyone else has... I called Soas on Tuesday about something else but took the chance to ask about this and they just said it's in progress and results should be out "soon", whatever timeframe that is in Soas-land :P
Ooh well I'm glad you've told me that. I'm so anxious about it because there's no way I can go without it. I just want to knowwwwww!! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by FatCharlie
Should probably be sorted by tomorrow if the SOAS admin ain't slacking :wink: And then and then a few extra days until you get the reference number.

I think the Dunwiddy spots don't get sorted until July though, right?

I received my accommodation reference number on Friday and applied on Saturday. Now all that's left to do is wait until July for a decision!
I received my accommodation reference number on Friday and applied on Saturday. Now all that's left to do is wait until July for a decision!

Woop woop! Only applied for Dunwiddy?
Yeah, its the cheapest option and if i dont get a place, the next best option is a flatshare.
Still not heard anything. This is very frustrating.

You should contact them then, as it's pretty bad so late.

Same here, and I'm on holiday abroad so can't call them :'( if you do, please let us know what they said!
Reply 473
I received a conditional offer; I've met the terms but I've yet to reply back to SOAS and accept a place. I've applied to another University and they are taking their own sweet time responding back to me. How soon do you guys think I should get back to SOAS and confirm that I will definitely be going? I want to wait for this other University to get back to me but I'm thinking if I haven't heard back from them by next Monday I am going to disregard them and just go with SOAS. Am I leaving things with SOAS a bit late? Or will I be fine getting back to them around mid june?
Original post by Stilo
I received a conditional offer; I've met the terms but I've yet to reply back to SOAS and accept a place. I've applied to another University and they are taking their own sweet time responding back to me. How soon do you guys think I should get back to SOAS and confirm that I will definitely be going? I want to wait for this other University to get back to me but I'm thinking if I haven't heard back from them by next Monday I am going to disregard them and just go with SOAS. Am I leaving things with SOAS a bit late? Or will I be fine getting back to them around mid june?

You should check the response deadline first, I'm sure for our course you have to reply to the offer within 4 or 5 weeks?
Reply 475
Original post by Magnum Opus
You should check the response deadline first, I'm sure for our course you have to reply to the offer within 4 or 5 weeks?

I've replied for the offer already, but it was conditional. I had to wait for my final transcript from my University. I got it about 2 weeks ago when I graduated, so now I have to reply back to SOAS in order to make it unconditional. On top of which I'm international so I have to get my visa sorted out. This is why I'm a bit apprehensive about leaving things for too long.
Original post by Stilo
I've replied for the offer already, but it was conditional. I had to wait for my final transcript from my University. I got it about 2 weeks ago when I graduated, so now I have to reply back to SOAS in order to make it unconditional. On top of which I'm international so I have to get my visa sorted out. This is why I'm a bit apprehensive about leaving things for too long.

Well I would send them my transcript now anyway, because that doesn't matter too much in the long run. Your visa is obviously important, I'm not sure how long that process takes tbh, but you could probably fill in any forms in advance so they're ready to be sent off and processed.

Out of curiosity, did they ask you for a deposit?
Reply 477
Well I would send them my transcript now anyway, because that doesn't matter too much in the long run. Your visa is obviously important, I'm not sure how long that process takes tbh, but you could probably fill in any forms in advance so they're ready to be sent off and processed.

Out of curiosity, did they ask you for a deposit?

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and do that. And no, they didn't ask me for a deposit. Tuition has to be paid in full before the start of the academic year but as far as I can tell that's applicable to every student.
Original post by Stilo
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and do that. And no, they didn't ask me for a deposit. Tuition has to be paid in full before the start of the academic year but as far as I can tell that's applicable to every student.

They haven't asked me for one either. I thought I'd just slipped through the system haha.
Reply 479
They haven't asked me for one either. I thought I'd just slipped through the system haha.

Do Universities generally do that? Newcastle tried to get me for £1500, and there was another fee as well that they wanted me to pay, I forget what it was though.

Quick Reply