The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Clive booth, quality of rooms

Hi,
A friend who lived in Clive booth non ensuite said that his room was incredibly small, hardly enough room for him to turn around type size. He also claimed that it was also very hard to get anything dried, can anyone else tell me anything about the quality of clive booth halls in general because I just applied to be in them?
Original post by leof123
Hi,
A friend who lived in Clive booth non ensuite said that his room was incredibly small, hardly enough room for him to turn around type size. He also claimed that it was also very hard to get anything dried, can anyone else tell me anything about the quality of clive booth halls in general because I just applied to be in them?

My friend was in Clive Booth, ensuite...he got the newer ones, so it was really nice and a decent size, there won't be a great amount of space to dry your clothes but there was enough as long as you didn't mind walking onto your bed to get to the desk...
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by leof123
Hi,

The rooms are a fair size for a student room! bare in mind even though you are paying alot of money, halls aint gonna be luxurious. Just pay and get your clothes dried in the laundry room. Makes it easier. Nearly all the halls have rooms the same size. Its a single room and will contain a vanity sink.
Yeah non ensuite rooms in clive booth are pretty grimey. As said just dry your clothes in the laundry rooms.
I've just applied to go into Clive Booth non-ensuite, but have stayed there a few times with my (now ex-)gf thoughout the year.

I don't think the non-ensuite rooms are 'grimey', but they are tremendously small. And you're not allowed dring rails for some reason- not a clue why but hey ho. That said, the flats themselves are quite well laid out and (although the showers are miniscule) they're fairly well equipped. You could certainly do a lot worse.
Original post by marky--mark
I've just applied to go into Clive Booth non-ensuite, but have stayed there a few times with my (now ex-)gf thoughout the year.

I don't think the non-ensuite rooms are 'grimey', but they are tremendously small. And you're not allowed dring rails for some reason- not a clue why but hey ho. That said, the flats themselves are quite well laid out and (although the showers are miniscule) they're fairly well equipped. You could certainly do a lot worse.

Drying rails are deemed a fire hazard because of the amount of room they take up. In crescent we just stuck them in the hallway and removed them before the cleaner came in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending