The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

managed to hit myself hard on the chin on a Push press at the gym this evening, so hard that it bounced off and still made it up. going to have a nice bruise tomorrow
Original post by Monkey_Pete
managed to hit myself hard on the chin on a Push press at the gym this evening, so hard that it bounced off and still made it up. going to have a nice bruise tomorrow

I did this with a jerk yesterday. Seems like I've got away without any bruising, don't understand how though.
sounds a bit pathetic if he felt the need to prove diddies from bb.com forums wrong.
http://www.longislandpress.com/2012/05/30/should-we-take-zombie-apocalypse-threats-seriously/

Anyone read talks of a Zombie Apocalypse in America? There's been some really dodgy news articles that people are connecting to say it's a Zombie Apocalypse. Quite strange stories though...
Original post by Michael XYZ
http://www.longislandpress.com/2012/05/30/should-we-take-zombie-apocalypse-threats-seriously/

Anyone read talks of a Zombie Apocalypse in America? There's been some really dodgy news articles that people are connecting to say it's a Zombie Apocalypse. Quite strange stories though...
Apparently it's linked to a bunch of drugs called 'Bath Salts' including mephedrone and MDMA.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/29/why-bath-salts-are-dangerous/
Babyslayer is a legend...he should go the strongman route. Does anyone know if he's able to squat yet? Once he is fully over his injuries he will be up there in a few years.
Have any of you guys ever used mp's milk protein smooth? How does the unflavoured version taste?
Original post by Becca
I did this with a jerk yesterday. Seems like I've got away without any bruising, don't understand how though.

hitting self in the chin with a jerk doesn't even compare to hittng yourself in the nose with a jerk on the way up
brought ****ing tears to my eyes :frown:
Original post by cowsforsale
Have any of you guys ever used mp's milk protein smooth? How does the unflavoured version taste?

My friend has some and tells me it tastes like ass. The banana flavour I've used inthe past is very nice though.
Original post by cowsforsale

I got vanilla, and in milk or water it tastes like chalk pretty much.
Original post by redbuthotter
lmao. How would you class your strength level?

200kg squat@ 88-90kg bw. Depends on who I am compared to. I'm not trying to insult him. I'm saying that most guys with low squats are weak everywhere. Not just in the hamstrings so putting it all down to one lagging muscle group is pretty meaningless.
Original post by Becca

I've done that before, i've never mentioned it because i thought it was quite embarassing..
Original post by desijut
I've done that before, i've never mentioned it because i thought it was quite embarassing..

I think it's quite good, in the jerk in any case, because it shows that the bar was not too far in front of me and I was (too) quick to get my head through. :cool: Obviously it's not good to nearly knock yourself out though :p:.
lol same thing happend to me during pressing yesterday, hit my bloody nose ;(

anyway i got these weird sensation in my left trap, feels like a pinched nerve or something ;(.... do i simply just get someone to massage it out, it's like doms but more extreme.

I've had a sore throat come out of no where, also went to the dentist yesterday and can't even eat solids for a day or 2 ;( proton shakes ftw!

keep wondering when my progression will stall out, it's the best burst I've had in a while 6th week of hitting constant prs next week
Original post by Gallium
lol same thing happend to me during pressing yesterday, hit my bloody nose ;(

anyway i got these weird sensation in my left trap, feels like a pinched nerve or something ;(.... do i simply just get someone to massage it out, it's like doms but more extreme.

I've had a sore throat come out of no where, also went to the dentist yesterday and can't even eat solids for a day or 2 ;( proton shakes ftw!

keep wondering when my progression will stall out, it's the best burst I've had in a while 6th week of hitting constant prs next week

Stay away from it.. you don't want to get radioactive poisoning !
Just had a bit of a giggle - you know that hasan4life guy who goes round creeping on every girl's profile? There was some discussion between him and some other guy on his wall where he listed his lifts as "bench 40 deadlife(sic) 55 curl 30" and the other guy tells him his deadlift is "impressive".

I'm almost suspicious that TSR is working in unison to troll me.
Original post by Chumbaniya
Just had a bit of a giggle - you know that hasan4life guy who goes round creeping on every girl's profile? There was some discussion between him and some other guy on his wall where he listed his lifts as "bench 40 deadlife(sic) 55 curl 30" and the other guy tells him his deadlift is "impressive".

I'm almost suspicious that TSR is working in unison to troll me.

He may be recovering from having broken his back? :dontknow:
Brahs - anyone used fat gripz for training?

Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
Brahs - anyone used fat gripz for training?

Could be remembering wrong, but I think nun aka TTT bought some at one point?

The Troll Toll
?
They're not that great. I have them on my floor under a pile of stuff. They make the bar quite a bit thicker than a standard axle, so they're not good for strongman stuff. Maybe they are good for the bro stuff they're advertised for, but they seem expensive for that.

Latest