The Student Room Group

Being on my period for prom

Scroll to see replies

I would agree with others and say go to your doctor to get tablets that will delay your period.

I went on some for a couple of weeks and they're an absolute godsend.

At the end of the day, if you just carry on as normal, you'll probably still be worrying throughout the night (even with extra padding or whatever) and that's not exactly great.

Still, g'luck with whatever you choose :smile:
Norethisterone is great, I seriously recommend it. I've had it a couple of times and it didn't have any side effects for me :smile: plus I was able to get it on prescription, not sure why another poster had to pay for it? So go to the doctor and ask for that :smile:
How often do people leak anyway? I only ever leak at night or if I've been really lazy and not changed for too long in the first two day. :colondollar: You should be fine by just doing what you usually do - it really doesn't sound like it's worth taking a pill for just one night. You'll be fine, periods aren't a big deal...
If you wear a tampon and make sure you insert it correctly, and change it every 2 or 3 hours you should be completely fine! If you're worried about acne I wouldn't take a pill or anything, there's no reason why a tampon should leak unless you just don't change it for like 6 hours or something :smile:
Reply 24
i could be mistaken but isnt there a pill you can take to delay said period? i remember one of my friends was taking one when we went on holiday to rome so as not to 'cramp her style :rolleyes:
Have a go at using a tampon and if you still feel concerned, use a towel at the same time - it gives you a great peace of mind. Although you may feel awkward at first, they are really handy and you get used to them within like two hours.
Apparently this isn't an issue for most people, but when I was on Norethisterone I spent vast proportions of the day with my head over the toilet trying desperately not to throw up and could barely move because my splitting headache was that bad... won't happen to everyone, but if you get side effects with Norethisterone, they are pretty difficult to cope with.
Reply 27
I got negged for mentioning orgasms. Female masturbation disgusts people. SEXISM. :tongue:
Reply 28
The combined pill can help with acne and you'd be able to delay your period for prom and settle into a regular routine. Then if another similar situation came up, you could just run two packets together and you wouldn't need to worry about it. :smile:
I would also recommend asking for the tablet to delay your period, because then you won't have to think about it at all. If not, try Tampax Lites, they are less absorbant than regular tampons, but thinner so easier if you aren't used to them. To be doubly sure, you can wear a pad as well.
Original post by mikeyd85

Avoid the above issue.

lolzzzz....the dress looks insane.. i hate it
Reply 31
Original post by Bimbleby
I got negged for mentioning orgasms. Female masturbation disgusts people. SEXISM. :tongue:

why should it? It's natural !
Reply 32
wear a tampon :smile: unless your heavy it shouldn't leak x
Reply 33
an ultra pad and tight shorts to keep everything in place! :wink:
wear a plastic bag round your legs to stop any potential leaks :/ it worked for my friend

Quick Reply

Latest