The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Economics at Brunel University

I have given a full account of my time at Brunel university, it's a bit too long for a thread so I've posted it on a blog instead

http://nativelondoner.wordpress.com/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nadoman
I have given a full account of my time at Brunel university, it's a bit too long for a thread so I've posted it on a blog instead

http://nativelondoner.blogspot.com/

Sounds harsh! Is it really that bad?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
I'm a 3rd year econ student, I think you're in my course! Excellent article, fully agree with what you said
Reply 3
Hey, yep I'm in my third year so we are probably on the same course, modules macro, econometrics, behavioural economics and international money and finance. After I've finished my exams and have officially left brunel I will be writing to the board as well as the head of social sciences etc, can't do it now worried it might impact my grade as letters of complaint are not considered if anonymous. It probably won't change anything but it makes me feel better lol. Glad you enjoyed the article.
Reply 4
yes. yes it is.
Reply 5
In my opinion this is over the top, but everyone has different experiences.
Reply 6
I am at Brunel and my experience has been a whole lot worst. The OP seems very mild to me. I'll be writing about my experiences when I leave also.
Reply 7
I firmed Brunel to study economics :confused: now i am pretty wary of my decision. What made you dislike your time at brunel
Reply 8
Original post by hanuni156
I firmed Brunel to study economics :confused: now i am pretty wary of my decision. What made you dislike your time at brunel

I firmed for Economics at Brunel too?! Keep in touch!
Reply 9
Original post by Dicey
I firmed for Economics at Brunel too?! Keep in touch!

great too hear someone else has firmed economics at brunel :biggrin: what subjects are you currently studying?
although I firmed Brunel I am worried I wont get in and miss the C in maths by a few UMS marks - my college does the MEI board :mad: although I got a B in AS maths ..
Reply 10
great too hear someone else has firmed economics at brunel :biggrin: what subjects are you currently studying?
although I firmed Brunel I am worried I wont get in and miss the C in maths by a few UMS marks - my college does the MEI board :mad: although I got a B in AS maths ..

I currently study Economics, Physical Ed and Maths!

I do the Edexcel board for maths, if you were Edexcel I would help but I'm unsure of the similarities between the two exam boards of the syllabus criteria unless you know?

Goodluck for the exams!

Whats your offer?
Reply 11
I study biology, english language and maths. Yes some of our C4 content is in edexcel further maths module. My offer is BBC I must have a C in AS maths if I remember correctly and they also consider EPQ and AS. Good luck too!! What is your offer? Are you from London btw
Reply 12
I study biology, english language and maths. Yes some of our C4 content is in edexcel further maths module. My offer is BBC I must have a C in AS maths if I remember correctly and they also consider EPQ and AS. Good luck too!! What is your offer? Are you from London btw

Hey, I do EPQ! do you?

I'm offered BBC for Economics too, with a requirement of C in maths.

I'm from Leicester; how about yourself?

If you need any help with Edexcel Maths feel free to ask, please inbox though much easier!
Reply 13
I am going to be a fresher at brunel studying economics- i was wondering if there were any 2nd or third year students that will be willing to let me borrow some of their lecture notes to try get ahead as i am really nervous of falling behind and this degree means a lot to me and i dont want to leave anything to chance.

I hope someone will be able to help me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending