The Student Room Group

I'm 5 foot 3.5 and I'm an 18 year old guy =/

Is there any way at all I can become taller? Everyone is so much taller than me and it makes me feel really self concious.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wear stilts.
Either wait and hope. Or have that horrible operation where they break your legs, part the bone and wait for the bones to rejoin. I think you gain 1 inch.

You might have to just accept you are a short guy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I don't think so.

I understand because I'm 5'5". It sucks, but you just have to get on with things.
Move to Cambodia and you'll feel normal.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Either wait and hope. Or ohave that horrible operation where they break your legs, part the bone and wait for the bones to rejoin. I think you gain 1 inch.

You might have to just accept you are a short guy.

I watched that procedure in a documentary a while ago. It is amazing the lengths people will go to in the name of beauty. It looks painful and risky.
You can get some lifts - kind of like insoles that you put inside your shoes and they can give you a good 2-3 inches depending on what ones you get.
Reply 7
Think about all the things you could do if you were average height (say 5ft 10) then compare it to what you can do at your height now...

You shouldn't put yourself down because of it. Its how you are, if people want to judge leave them too it!
Original post by AcidNation
Think about all the things you could do if you were average height (say 5ft 10) then compare it to what you can do at your height now...

You shouldn't put yourself down because of it. Its how you are, if people want to judge leave them too it!

This! I'm tall and the amount of leg room I get on public transport is insufferable - think of the positives :smile:.
Original post by Bubblyminty
It is amazing the lengths people will go to . . .

Unintentional pun for this particular thread?

Don't worry. Tall people block views and take up supermarket aisles.
Reply 10
Original post by somethingbeautiful
This! I'm tall and the amount of leg room I get on public transport is insufferable - think of the positives :smile:.

Public transport is insufferable, why should concerns about leg room make the OP feel better?
Original post by Palatial Veranda
Unintentional pun for this particular thread?

Don't worry. Tall people block views and take up supermarket aisles.

I'm hoping it was intentional.
lol

6'0 19 here, and im not even tall
Original post by tehforum
Public transport is insufferable, why should concerns about leg room make the OP feel better?

I'm hoping it was intentional.

Shorter legs = more leg room :smile:.
I'm that height (: Obviously being a girl it's different. But there's nothing wrong with being short (:

Edit: So I guess there is something wrong with being short?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
become a jockey.
Reply 15
You might still get some more growth yet!

Otherwise think of the benefits. Leg room for me at 6'3" on buses and planes is absolutely terrible! If you hit the gym hard you've got a better chance of looking stacked quicker.
Reply 16
take weed, then u wnt feel like yur small, cos youre high
It depends on the whether your family has tall people in it :smile:
Reply 18
I'm 5'2, let's get married :smile:
Reply 19
Mate, I could have cared less if the guy next to me is short or whatnot. As long as he's a good guy, well mannered and just plain alright, he's definitely better and worth the time than a 6'0 prick that just gives us headaches all the time :/
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest