The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Part of me would like to re-rip my CDs to 320 but I already have 34GB for only 1500 songs so I'm not sure what's happening there. >10% of my hard drive is music and I don't even have that much?!
Just got one track to see what's what. 300kbs and it thought "Forefather" was "The Forefathers", but at least it is the correct song with album art etc. Though 89p for each song is quite a bit more than iTunes -.-
Original post by AkaJetson
Is it just me or does metal make every **** pop song turn good?

Played this through my speaker system and got some orgasmic riffs through the subwoofer. :coma:
Original post by Manitude
Anyone know if the Amazon mp3 store is any good? I finally snapped and decided I NEED to get the last two tracks of Engla Tocyme that Itunes has prevented me from buying (It claims BOTH of my cards are invalid payment types...also I only have 1p less credit than whatever one song is)
There's very little point in getting the CD now as I have most of the tracks already, plus Forefather don't get any money from their older releases which aren't on Seven Kingdoms.

Amazon is brilliant, I'm no audiophile but I can't tell the difference between Amazon or iTunes in my car or using my speakers. The albums are generally cheaper as well (I got Use Your Illusion 1 for £4 on Amazon where it would have been £8 on iTunes!). They're also doing any two downloads under £8 for £10 ATM.

(I don't work for Amazon BTW :biggrin:)
The new Martyrdöd doesn't have the ****ty production of the last album. And it has better riffs.

PRAISE ALLAH.

Reply 6685
Original post by concubine
The new Martyrdöd doesn't have the ****ty production of the last album. And it has better riffs.

PRAISE ALLAH.

Was not expecting bm vocals but that was sweeeeeeeet.
Original post by adamstandage
Was not expecting bm vocals but that was sweeeeeeeet.

They've toned down the black metal/simplistic crust style a fair bit since the first two albums but yeah, they rule.

Yo might wanna check out Agrimonia too. They have at least one of the guys from Martyrdod only instead of BM/crust it's more melodic DM/crust.

I think some of the guys are in Miasmal too, one of the better NEW WAVE OF OLD SCHOOL SWEDISH DEATH METAL!123 bands. Their debut last year had some really good tracks.

The post-solo riff is pretty manly.
They've toned down the black metal/simplistic crust style a fair bit since the first two albums but yeah, they rule.

Yo might wanna check out Agrimonia too. They have at least one of the guys from Martyrdod only instead of BM/crust it's more melodic DM/crust.

I think some of the guys are in Miasmal too, one of the better NEW WAVE OF OLD SCHOOL SWEDISH DEATH METAL!123 bands. Their debut last year had some really good tracks.

The post-solo riff is pretty manly.

my neck hurts now...

also some thrash for you guys and gals :biggrin:
To be honest I never liked Martyrdod that much; they're the kind of blackened crust band who sound like they would be better off just playing standard d-beat (and let's face it, one can never have too much d-beat). They're okay, and I'm downloading the new one now out of curiosity, but they're not a band whose album I'd pay for. To me, the point of 'blackening' crust is solely to add a more desolate feeling. Good examples of this:

[video="youtube;VeoGW1YfSO8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeoGW1YfSO8[/video]

(Fifteen Dead also did a great cover of Darkthrone's 'The Winds They Called The Dungeon Shaker' - better than the original)

[video="youtube;ZZs14-NXZ-Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZs14-NXZ-Q[/video]

(this was one of the best EPs of last year)

Whilst I'm talking about crust, I'll also post one of my favourite discoveries of all time, Atomski Rat:

[video="youtube;XyBENlL50GY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyBENlL50GY[/video]

Part of me would like to re-rip my CDs to 320 but I already have 34GB for only 1500 songs so I'm not sure what's happening there. >10% of my hard drive is music and I don't even have that much?!

I'm having to buy new hard drives to put up with my music. :wink:

Original post by metalthrashin'mad

But yeah they're fine. I can't remember if you can get 320KB/S or 256 though, if it were 256 I wouldn't bother if I were you

Such a pretentious fag. :tongue:
Original post by metalthrashin'mad

you forgot the lightning bolt

Alright smart a**e :smile: AC/DC.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
To be honest I never liked Martyrdod that much; they're the kind of blackened crust band who sound like they would be better off just playing standard d-beat (and let's face it, one can never have too much d-beat). They're okay, and I'm downloading the new one now out of curiosity, but they're not a band whose album I'd pay for. To me, the point of 'blackening' crust is solely to add a more desolate feeling. Good examples of this:

[video="youtube;VeoGW1YfSO8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeoGW1YfSO8[/video]

(Fifteen Dead also did a great cover of Darkthrone's 'The Winds They Called The Dungeon Shaker' - better than the original)

[video="youtube;ZZs14-NXZ-Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZs14-NXZ-Q[/video]

(this was one of the best EPs of last year)

Whilst I'm talking about crust, I'll also post one of my favourite discoveries of all time, Atomski Rat:

[video="youtube;XyBENlL50GY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyBENlL50GY[/video]

I'm having to buy new hard drives to put up with my music. :wink:

Such a pretentious fag. :tongue:

I'm not going to pay money for an inferior product (hence why I buy all the cds I can, and download illegally what I can't afford yet) when most of the time the album is near enough the same price on CD
Oh right, if you're paying for downloads then yeah, I agree with you. But I also think it's daft to pay for a download, so there you go.
Reply 6692
Anyone heard this?

Svart Crown - Witnessing the Fall

Just listened, love at first listen for me. (I'm 2 years late to the party, just saw it on a blog).
Reply 6693
[video="youtube;cixczzF0A10"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixczzF0A10[/video]

WOW
Original post by fnm

WOW

Best industrial metal album ever. Broadrick is a musical genius.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing?

Their latest two albums have been really good.

That clip isn't bad I guess, I can see the similarity to LP.

Nah, not a bad thing, I like early LP (tbh I haven't listened to their most recent albums), but it just wasn't what I was expecting. I still remember the first time I heard Letter Experiment :sogood:
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Best industrial metal album ever. Broadrick is a musical genius.

Depends what counts as 'industrial metal'. ;p

I like Godflesh, and some of his other projects, but I don't think he's ever done anything that I've heard and thought 'ZOMG AWESOME'. Maybe my ears are broken, because I only ever seem to see people praising him.

Jesu get too much love, anyway.

I do quite like the new JK Flesh album though.

;<<<,,,

will stop listening eventually

I think it's a kewl album art, for a band who's lyrical focus is UFOs.

They're probably my least favourite band on that label though.

I think it's a kewl album art, for a band who's lyrical focus is UFOs.

They're probably my least favourite band on that label though.

WHat label? King Penda or something?

They have 'Bretwaldas' shirts. I'm sure it should be singular. And I dunno if you make things plural in Old English by sticking an S on the end. But... I thought the idea was that if there was a bretwalda, there would only be one at any time... Because Bede used it for kings when their kingdoms basically dominated England. Or something. Like. Oswald was bretwalda. We need more Oswalds.
WHat label? King Penda or something?

They have 'Bretwaldas' shirts. I'm sure it should be singular. And I dunno if you make things plural in Old English by sticking an S on the end. But... I thought the idea was that if there was a bretwalda, there would only be one at any time... Because Bede used it for kings when their kingdoms basically dominated England. Or something. Like. Oswald was bretwalda. We need more Oswalds.

Yeah, King Penda Productions.
I have a couple of Bredwaldas albums, the Herne album and a limited edition Herne **** (I am so hipster). A bretwalda would have been a king of sorts, but there were usually more than one king type figure up until Alfred the Great in the late 9th century. King Penda was about early 7th century so there would have been more than one king (the relevance being that the guy who runs the label is in three of the four bands on it)
I think in regards to the plural, it's either fine as it is, or they've just bastardised it to fit with modern English. It'd be akin to saying "octipuses" rather than "oktopodes".
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest