The Student Room Group

I'm seriously ugly

What is wrong with me you ask? Im chubby (not really really fat, im a size 16 and 5'11- or maybe that is actually quite fat and I'm just being delusional) and the fat goes straight to my jaw, making me look like I have a massive jaw. My face looks really manly and masculine and my hair is a mess right now (its thick and long but looks so dishevelled and what with exams coming up I have no time to go to the hairdressers). Im sorry, but I just have to rant. I think that I may end up taking my life if things don't change. I feel like a total freakshow everytime I go out. I am so scared that I am being ridiculed about my looks. I actually have been ridiculed by strangers. I feel like an ugly freak. I've had people tell me I'm beautiful (strangers) but then I've had people point and laugh too. It's really hurtful and its affecting me big time.

I am so concerned with the way I look, I spend ages looking at my self in the mirror. People think I am vain, but if only they knew how I feel. I tried to talk to my friends about this, but they made out like I was insane.

The kind of guys I attract seems to be those who just want sex, or guys who are just plain weird.
Most people think they're unattractive in some way.
You pointed out two flaws that YOU see in yourself: Weight and hair. Both can be changed. Also, I'm sure the whole being ridiculed by people is all in your head due to your self-confidence. I'm the same.

You say strangers have called you beautiful before? Take that as a huge plus because most strangers keep quiet.

I'm sure you look great. :smile:
Reply 2
People have called me beautiful, people have ridiculed my looks as well.

Things are so bad that i hate going out. Even to go to the supermarkets is a nightmare. Sometimes I just stay at home hungry.

To even go out to do the weekly shopping it takes me an hour to build my confidence up.

Anytime I go out I analyse how people are looking at me and anytime someone laughs I always wonder if they're laughing at me.
Original post by Anonymous
People have called me beautiful, people have ridiculed my looks as well.

Things are so bad that i hate going out. Even to go to the supermarkets is a nightmare. Sometimes I just stay at home hungry.

To even go out to do the weekly shopping it takes me an hour to build my confidence up.

Anytime I go out I analyse how people are looking at me and anytime someone laughs I always wonder if they're laughing at me.

I get that alllll the time (seriously). It's all in the head, I know.
Reply 4
What is wrong with me you ask? Im chubby (not really really fat, im a size 16 and 5'11- or maybe that is actually quite fat and I'm just being delusional) and the fat goes straight to my jaw, making me look like I have a massive jaw. My face looks really manly and masculine and my hair is a mess right now (its thick and long but looks so dishevelled and what with exams coming up I have no time to go to the hairdressers).

Whoa. Worry about what weight is healthy for you, look after yourself and it will fall into place - this is for your sense of well-being which will project on everyone around you.

Your jaw probably isn't as bad as you think - it's easy for everyone to over-emphasise their perceived flaws. Anyway, there are women in the public eye who do have more masculine jaws, but they aren't considered unattractive. Take Jennifer Garner for example - some might think her jaw is quite masculine but she is still very pretty. Besides, having a stronger jaw is better than a lack of bone definition on your face.

I have the same kind of hair as you. It's always been thick and long and it looks great when I have time but in the middle of exams, I don't really have the time. No one's going to look at you differently for this. They know you're human and don't expect you to look attractive on cue. If that was the case, then they wouldn't be wowed when you get to beautify yourself for a night out. :wink: You're worrying about this because you are stressed about other stuff. I'm the same...**** seems to hit the fan because well even if there wasn't something to worry about, I'd be worrying about something.

After exams are done, maybe arrange some kind of girly gathering, get your hair done etc. This will be rewarding yourself for your hard work. :smile:

I feel like a total freakshow everytime I go out. I am so scared that I am being ridiculed about my looks. I actually have been ridiculed by strangers. I feel like an ugly freak. I've had people tell me I'm beautiful (strangers) but then I've had people point and laugh too. It's really hurtful and its affecting me big time.

Have people really pointed and laughed? That's horrible :frown:. But if other have said you're beautiful, you have to trust me when I say, it has to mean something! People don't just come out with that stuff. You are worrying a lot about what people think but they don't care as much you think. Truth is, they are all just as busy with their own lives and their own insecurities (everyone has something to worry about).

I tried to talk to my friends about this, but they made out like I was insane.

They were probably saying "that's crazy" because they can see the beauty in you, which you can't see yourself.

The kind of guys I attract seems to be those who just want sex, or guys who are just plain weird.

That's not true. It seems like they're the only men you attract because they are the most obvious to you and are better at making themselves known. Doesn't mean there aren't other guys who have you on their radar (sure TSR guys will agree with me).
Out of interest what uni are you at OP?
What is wrong with me you ask? Im chubby (not really really fat, im a size 16 and 5'11- or maybe that is actually quite fat and I'm just being delusional) and the fat goes straight to my jaw, making me look like I have a massive jaw. My face looks really manly and masculine and my hair is a mess right now (its thick and long but looks so dishevelled and what with exams coming up I have no time to go to the hairdressers). Im sorry, but I just have to rant. I think that I may end up taking my life if things don't change. I feel like a total freakshow everytime I go out. I am so scared that I am being ridiculed about my looks. I actually have been ridiculed by strangers. I feel like an ugly freak. I've had people tell me I'm beautiful (strangers) but then I've had people point and laugh too. It's really hurtful and its affecting me big time.

I am so concerned with the way I look, I spend ages looking at my self in the mirror. People think I am vain, but if only they knew how I feel. I tried to talk to my friends about this, but they made out like I was insane.

Just lose the weight if your that chubby. That's the only advice I can give you. Probably why people call you ugly as they see you are doing nothing and are fat. 90% of people find fat girls unattractive unless you got godly genetics and the fat doesn't touch your face.

Just lose the weight and it will solve your problem I.e. stop eating crap.

Also, having people call you beautiful are probably just men trying to sleep with you I.e. your fat and so are an easy prey and women who are pitying you.

Anyway, OP you can listen to idiots who give you advice to love yourself or that you aren't ugly. Or you can http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324 go here and do what it says. Take up a sports like tennis and eat healthy.
Reply 7
Sex change or FOREVER ALONE!
Reply 8
Out of interest what uni are you at OP?

Hmmmmmm. Please tell me why you want to know first. :tongue:
i once heard a guy telling this girl how i was the ugliest thing hed ever seen (he didnt know i could hear) he sounded really upset/disturbed that hed seen someone so ugly, and when he saw i was sitting next to him he was really embarrassed that id heard.

My sister then brought it up later saying he wasnt talking about me....which confirmed the fact he was.

Its brought me down a lot but thats life and people like different things :smile:
Bah. Find your own confidence and stop listening to those people. Use your big bum...plenty of men love those curves.

Don't allow them to make fun of it and wrap it in shame in your mind...take charge of it and work your image, shake that booty and make them want it.

Although some element of desire is controlled by physical features, and being significantly overweight doesn't help, by no means everything is an artifact of the genetic lottery.

It takes women a lot longer than it takes men to realize that desirability is partly controlled internally, by the radiation she emits. I've seen women who ignorant young doofuses call "ugly" and yet they're always surrounded by males, they get who they want, they radiate sexuality and self-confidence. Just the way these women look tells every man within range that he'd better bring his A game, because she's got A game.
Hmmmmmm. Please tell me why you want to know first. :tongue:

Just wanted to see if you're someone i recognise. Nvm i doubt we're in the same uni
Reply 12
If you feel that bad, first find all the positives in your life then focus on them. If you feel it is necessary find a sport or a hobby that really interests you and get really good at it. It'll do wonders for your self esteem
Reply 13

In other words, you have been able to attract a number of guys. You're not ugly when there's more than one guy who is interested in you.
when i feel ugly i read this

http://i.imgur.com/g91TN.png
Reply 15

Look on the bright side, at least you won't be fat anymore.
Reply 16
Beauty is subjective, there might be someone who thinks U're absolutely gorgeous. If there are things U don't like abt urself U can change them; even I between exams, no one spends time holed up in their room 24/7 get a nice hair cut, something with attitude, start jogging early in the morning or late at night when people won't notice, do things for urself that will make U happy and before U know it, U'll feel more beautiful and confident. I used to think people made fun of me all the time before, then I started going to the gym, got amazing weave, bought newer trendier clothes, it worked a lot for me :biggrin: If U want to be happy, I believe U can..
Reply 17
So I'm back again. These past could of weeks have gotten worse. I was walking around campus and I admit, I was looking horrible and sweaty. Anyway, I noticed a group of people had turned my way as if to say 'look at that freak'. This almost ruined my entire day. I mean, I know I am not the best looking person, but nobody deserves to feel this way. I have tried so hard to lose weight but I'm just too busy right now. I am chubby and I don't think it suits me. I aim to improve my looks by losing weight and dressing nicer so that in my second year things go a lot better.

Things didn't used to be this way. At 5'11 I am a size 16, which isn't very attractive to be tall and kind of fat at the same time. When I was a size10 around four years ago, I used to have people saying how beautiful I was. These were random men saying positive things about me. I never had anyone stare at me like I'm a freak. I could walk down the street with my head up high without worrying if someone was laughing at me. Then I gradually began to pile on the pounds, it went straight to my face and before I knew it, I ballooned and I'm now like this. N the very rare occasions I get the odd guy trying to chat me up, but I also get people laughing at me like I'm a double chinned monster. I never imagined things would be like this.

I promise that during the summer holiday I will go back to a size ten and look attractive again, because I will end my life If I continue to stay looking like an overweight freakshow.

Quick Reply

Latest