The Student Room Group

OCR M1 - 31st May 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Nathdragon5
I totally agree guys, there's always people better than you. If people generally thought it was reasonably hard (as seems the consensus) on tsr, then I guess that most people found it was very hard. To be honest, the people doing further maths at my school (and therefore doing m2 this year) found m1 predictably easy having had experience with m2 and therefore got more used to m1, however, the vast majority of people who were just taking m1 this year found it extremely difficult. Rest assured, there won't be high grade boundaries.
Be confident :smile: remember the high amounts of marks available for working too, and that there is error carried forward :smile:

This too. ECF and working marks mean that you could probably get a B-C with no correct answers (don't quote me on this though).

Ironically, in our school, excluding the "higher end" FM students a lot of my FM class did worse in M1 than M2. Like, got As in M2 and C-Es in M1.

For this exam all the FM class seemed to find it pretty easy, but my mechanics class complained about quite a lot of the "easier" questions. So yeah, taking into account who's been posting here I don't think people need to worry as much as they maybe are.
Original post by FDR
I agree, it was a difficult paper, however I feel that with there being two 'show that...' questions, they may set the grade boundaries higher than they otherwise would.

I really do hate the concept of UMS though - why can't they just ensure that every paper is as hard as the other, and make it a set mark to get an A, or a B etc (e.g always 58 for an A..)

Unfortunately, different people find different things easy/hard.... UMS is a good system generally, otherwise it would just be unfair.... it always seems worse when the paper is hard, but in fact UMS is helping you to do better. It's only really when the UMS is lower than the raw mark, see FP1 Jan 2012, that it's annoying :smile:
Reply 682
Is it me or have OCR changed about their cycle of questions, this year. It feels like they have :/ Government influences?
Reply 683
Was my 1st time doing m1 and i screwed up dint do the graph question at all :/ and the last parts of the paper were rushed :frown: Fml here comes a resit for m1. I like c4 a lot though but it seems a lot of people in my class find it hard, im hoping to get 90% on c4
i did 0.5x3.1=1.5v-0.5v so got v=1.55 for the last question i completely forgot that the 3.1 changes :frown: will i lose all the marks on that question?
Original post by cantthinkofone
i did 0.5x3.1=1.5v-0.5v so got v=1.55 for the last question i completely forgot that the 3.1 changes :frown: will i lose all the marks on that question?

Ask Mr M in his mark scheme thread, he'll tell you :smile:
Reply 686
i thought i did well but after seeing mr m think i dropped a few silly marks
Reply 687
For the questions where you had to prove the coefficient of friction, on the following question where you had to use it, how many marks would I drop for using my (incorrect) coefficient of friction instead of the one given?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jonnny
For the questions where you had to prove the coefficient of friction, on the following question where you had to use it, how many marks would I drop for using my (incorrect) coefficient of friction instead of the one given?

Ask on here mate, Mr M will know :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2018147
Reply 689
Any ideas on grade boundaries people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending