The Student Room Group

Exporting list of albums from iTunes as a .txt file (Windows)

Hi, I came here because the Apple support forums are ****ing useless. What I want to know is if there is a way of extracting a list of individual albums from iTunes without doing it manually (either typing (ugh) or dragging a song from each album into a playlist), but without it repeating each one n times where n is the number of songs on the album. If I tried doing it in a non-automated way it would take forever (~5000 albums).

Cheers.
Reply 1
Copy and paste the whole list of songs into excel then remove the uneccesary columns...
Original post by gowans07
Copy and paste the whole list of songs into excel then remove the uneccesary columns...

Not sure if you read my OP, but I don't want a list of songs, I want a list of albums without having to make a playlist with one track from each album.
Reply 3
If you can get the data out in the form of Artist,Album,Track then you could simply use Excel to remove the duplicate album names. Try exporting a playlist?
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Hi, I came here because the Apple support forums are ****ing useless. What I want to know is if there is a way of extracting a list of individual albums from iTunes without doing it manually (either typing (ugh) or dragging a song from each album into a playlist), but without it repeating each one n times where n is the number of songs on the album. If I tried doing it in a non-automated way it would take forever (~5000 albums).

Cheers.

Copy and paste the library into excel. Then delete the other columns so you just have a column of albums. Select the column, go to 'data' then 'advanced filter' (next to the big funnel) - tick 'Unique records only' and click okay, and then you're done.

Ooh I forgot to add - make sure you have a 'title' in the first row rather than an album name.
(edited 11 years ago)
Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending