The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

New Carnegie Court

Hey guys just thought I'd start a separate thread for those who are going to be staying in NCC this year. Post your room number and maybe we can find people who are in the same flat? I'm in 26A :smile:

Ps Facebook Page for NCC this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in 15D and yes for the fb page :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Hello, just got mine for Carnegie Court and I'm 28E (: The page seems like a good idea!
Reply 3
Hi Guys. I am currently applying for accommodation but i am very pazzled so please help me out!

I was thinking about applying for New Carnegie Court but my brother and other friends told me that the university if probably lying about the "Short 20min walk" to the university and that i will be more.

Also they told me that by going there i will be too far from the university and that the social life at these places is very low according to his experience from university so he suggested that i'd better go somewhere in the Main Campus. But there, there aren't any en-suite rooms and that's what i am worried, but i am willing to sacrifice this is indeed New Carnegie Court is too far and a very lonely place away from the rest of the Uni.

Thanks, i await for your answers :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Kost_119
Hi Guys. I am currently applying for accommodation but i am very pazzled so please help me out!

I was thinking about applying for New Carnegie Court but my brother and other friends told me that the university if probably lying about the "Short 20min walk" to the university and that i will be more.

Also they told me that by going there i will be too far from the university and that the social life at these places is very low according to his experience from university so he suggested that i'd better go somewhere in the Main Campus. But there, there aren't any en-suite rooms and that's what i am worried, but i am willing to sacrifice this is indeed New Carnegie Court is too far and a very lonely place away from the rest of the Uni.

Ive been up to NCC and it really is a short 20mins walk if that, even shorter if you go through the park. the social thing does not apply to aberdeen because ncc is on Hillhead which is where the majority of 1st years stay and is apparently where all the parties are.
Reply 5
Hey guys got my email and I'm in 20D :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Kost_119

One of the teacher's at my school has a daughter who is currently in 1st year and is staying at Hillhead and he said for her it's around a 15 minute walk up to the uni. There's also a bus stop placed right beside Hillhead which takes you right up to the uni in no time and there is a cycle route too. Also, when on the Applicant Day, I talked to one of the 3rd year students who had stayed in Hillhead and they had loved it and said it was very sociable, and like Claire said yes, there is plenty of parties from what I've heard!:P Hope this helped!
Original post by JenHaynes94
Hey guys just thought I'd start a separate thread for those who are going to be staying in NCC this year. Post your room number and maybe we can find people who are in the same flat? I'm in 26A :smile:

Ps Facebook Page for NCC this year?

I've been given room 26C!! I haven't accepted the offer yet though as i'm not sure whether if it would be better to go with the unite accommodation that is more in the centre of town and i haven't had a chance to visit NCC yet! have you visited it? and if so would you recommend that i choose it? :smile:
Reply 8
We're in the same flat! :biggrin: I've visited the ones in town and spoken to people living there and I've heard that there's quite a lot of 2nd, 3rd and 4th years living there and that NCC is better for making friends in 1st year. Plus you get a bigger bed!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Yeah Hillhead is meant to be "the place to be" for 1st years!:P So excited!:biggrin: What courses is everyone doing?(:
We're in the same flat! :biggrin: I've visited the ones in town and spoken to people living there and I've heard that there's quite a lot of 2nd, 3rd and 4th years living there and that NCC is better for making friends in 1st year. Plus you get a bigger bed!

Yay! :biggrin: well i've just gone and accepted it now as i reckon NCC is the place to be! So hey new flatmate, i'm Katie obviously :P Nice to meet you!
Reply 11
yeey! find me on facebook! jenny haynes :smile:
yeey! find me on facebook! jenny haynes :smile:

Can only find one person with your name and they dont have a profile pic unless that is you? don't want to add some randomer!
Original post by VII
19, make the page :smile:

Alrite mate looks like we're gonna be neighbours...what room u in?
Doesn't look like anyone has appeared near me yet... But I'm in room 30D at NCC :smile:
Reply 16
I don't think i've seen anyone post a number this far up so far! I'm in flat 94D. Can't wait to move in! :smile:
Hey guys, I'll be staying in NCC from Sept.. Anyone in flat 51? Let me know :redface:)
Reply 18
Join the facebook page 'New Carnegie Court 2012/13' :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by L_V_N17
I don't think i've seen anyone post a number this far up so far! I'm in flat 94D. Can't wait to move in! :smile:

I'm in 95A. I've heard nothing but good things about NCC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending