The Student Room Group

TSR dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dee Leigh
:lol:

And also 'RainPours'

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

This is one I've heard about more than seen - but given the number of negative reactions I've come across I'm quite ready to believe he's a bit of a pest. But I will say this for him - I've actually seen profiles of girls with pictures that look passable without posts from him on the wall, unlike hasan4life.
Original post by sophisticated

Lol!!!! :lol:

Original post by Anonymous
ive met someone off here- but its more a fwb situation

Tell us more!

Original post by Chumbaniya
Oh I don't worry that I look particularly bad (I'm perfectly happy with how I look), it's more that I feel my current picture is particularly good and I wouldn't like to change to a more recent but less flattering photo. The internet's all about choosing who you're going to present yourself as, after all.

You got me interested now..
Original post by Staceycake
You got me interested now..

An experiment begins. Look how angry I look!
Original post by RainPours
So have been you naughty, that's what I meant :tongue:

yes :wink:
Original post by Foo.mp3
You're smart enough to fathom how one might modify ones language/tack accordingly, given said propensity for adverse reactions to more orthodox tekkers :wink:

Well yes, I consider myself a little bit beyond the typically dire and painfully obvious standard of conversation displayed by most men trying to get girls to notice them on TSR. Exclamation marks and superficial interest in your academic choices and smiley faces ahoy!

May pay off on occasion but you're limiting your pool by doing that blud, much as I resent the idea of jumping through hoops/the assumption that the guy need necessarily always be the instigator so far as some lasses are concerned :rolleyes:

Objecting, as I usually do, to how everyone else does things, I actually have a pretty substantial mental block on being the instigator - not in the shyness sense as you'll often find, but as a pride thing. I can't wrap my head around the idea of being the one who has to make the effort - I feel like I'm selling myself short if I even so much as hint at chasing someone. Of course this makes no sense, because someone has to do the approaching and I'm sure I miss out pretty regularly because of this.

I spose if you treated it exclusively as a source of dates it'd get tiresome/laborious, however if you happen to (waste) an awful lot of time on a site like this anyway, all you need do is keep your eyes open and it can prove quite fruitful :^_^:

Looking at it this way, I suppose wasting massive amounts of time on a student forum is slightly less depressing if you at least get to meet a few interesting young women as a result of it.
An experiment begins. Look how angry I look!

You don't look angry O.o And you lookin' good :wink:;
Original post by Staceycake
You don't look angry O.o And you lookin' good :wink:;

Sample size one, experiment currently 100% successful.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Hey! I'll have you know that smiley faces are an integral part of a debonair approach! :ahee:

Much like in real life, smiling can show people that you're friendly and approachable, but when it accompanies everything you say it starts to get a little bit weird.

The art is in 'engaging' (I won't say chasing, because in truth I rarely 'chase') in a way that satisfies her desire for attention/engagement but puts distance between you in your role as James Bond :cool: and you in your role as her pet bitch :h:

Yeah I realised after the event that 'chase' wasn't the word I really wanted to use either - no matter what, I'm never going to be the sort to really chase someone. I think I get it into my head that by approaching someone I'm somehow handing over power to them, but this isn't particularly rational as unless you're being weird about it it's just choosing to talk to another person, and that's a pretty neutral action.
Sample size one, experiment currently 100% successful.

:rolleyes:
Ooh, do like this thread...
Reply 71
This is one I've heard about more than seen - but given the number of negative reactions I've come across I'm quite ready to believe he's a bit of a pest. But I will say this for him - I've actually seen profiles of girls with pictures that look passable without posts from him on the wall, unlike hasan4life.

You think it's funny to belittle people on here?
Reply 72
there's a Facebook group called TSR Singles, it's was a failed attempt to do a dating site sort of thing but we only got about 20 ppl on it :frown: I don't think a TSR dating site will ever work out unless there are loads of people on it .
Original post by RainPours
You think it's funny to belittle people on here?

Almost invariably, yes.
Original post by sophisticated

but you 'lied and cheated on her' and you were 'posting horrible things about her such as her being too clingy'.... i dont see how that makes u her bf:rolleyes:
Original post by Foo.mp3
chirpsing

What now? What do you think I am, some kind of bird?

I honestly don't know what this word means
Original post by angelstie16
but you 'lied and cheated on her' and you were 'posting horrible things about her such as her being too clingy'.... i dont see how that makes u her bf:rolleyes:

Why are you quoting me, exactly?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
Original post by Foo.mp3
Means chatting to/chatting up

I see. I don't understand you kids any more.
Reply 78
Any singles out there??
Reply 79
This thread is funny. I think sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It depends

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply