The Student Room Group

My impression of British girls

Scroll to see replies

Has it ever occurred to the OP that the reason he believes all British women to be like this is because this is what captures his attention in women. What about the more subtle, intelligent and interesting women that he most clearly seems to be ignoring?
The UK does have a higher proportion of overweight and obese people compared to other countries, I'll give the OP that.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/07/worlds-fattest-countries-forbeslife-cx_ls_0208worldfat_2.html
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

To be fair this includes males as well.

I'll say that the proportion of women with those other qualities is probably higher in the UK, compared to other European countries, although not by much.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jimbo1234
Also look at how British girls walk around with zero confidence and with their shoulders slumped forward..

Wait, I thought we were extremely arrogant?
Original post by Lil Piranha

In my experience girls are usually either extremely arrogant with a sickeningly big ego or devoid of confidence altogether.

Personally I believe that ego and self esteem are two completely different things and that the ego is something horrible altogether. But in the above example somewhere in the middle would be more ideal.
Original post by Lil Piranha

Insecurity can cause many problems from arrogance to no confidence :redface:
Reply 205
Attention please. This thread is currently experiencing a dangerously high troll/normal poster ratio. Please do not be alarmed.
Yet a bmi of 19 is actually most attractive for women. Thus we can instantly see that most women in the UK are extremely far from being attractive, and before you say it, bmi is a horribly rough estimate about health as it gives no indication on exercise and body fat levels.

thats based on self attractivenes....

Sorry, but that is a problem.
Just because a guy is talking to you does not mean he wants to sleep with you as some people amazingly enough just like to talk. Not making simple conversation shows social ineptitude or extreme arrogance which is what OP mentioned.

not really
it doesnt mean he want to sleep with you but why should you have to talk to a stranger?
as long as you are polite i dont think there is any reason why you should feel you have to talk to someone you dont know if you dont want to and i dont think that is arrogant

So you ignore that it shows many women to be horribly unfit/lazy/gluttenous slobs, and suggest that a guy should join about 2 groups when there are about a dozen with guys in :rofl:

i didnt ignore anything
i know just as many females that go to the gym as i know males
and you have both ignored the fact that some people will be unable to do certain forms of excercise

Oh my god! Well either you live with a blindfold on or are in complete denial if you have been to Turkey a lot and think that women here are the same. I too travel a vast amount to Turkey and it is hard to find a fat Turkish girl from 16-28. Here on the other hand, there is a higher chance that the person is fat rather than normal or thin. Also look at how British girls walk around with zero confidence and with their shoulders slumped forward. Now go find a Turkish girl who walks like that :redface: The same goes for Italian women who spend vast amounts of time on their appearance compared to the girls here who grab the cheapest **** from Primark and call it fashion.

you haven't seen fat Mediterranean women? im guessing you've only been to the holiday destinations...
everyone knows obesity is bigger in the uk than most other european nations but that doesnt mean there arent fat people there too!
and for the italian women... actually, there are only 1 or 2 decent "highstreet" clothes shops and they cost a bomb, unless you count zara/h&m/which are just as popular here as in the uk. but as i said clothes here cost a lot more than in the uk so theres actually a lot of women wearing old/mismatched items or clothes the bought from the market. im living in the north so the "rich" part....
Reply 207
Original post by The Marshall
I have met more English girls that describe exactly what the OP has said. And it is all true what he says.

I'm not saying there isn't any that fit that description, as I personally know quite a few that do. But you can't label all British women under that description because it's utterly not fair and completely degrading.

Plus people that are saying that a BMI of 18 and 19 is perfect blablabla, that's verging on being underweight. So basically you're saying you would rather women become unhealthy to satisfy your eyes. Who's being the arrogant ones now?
Original post by zangorou
I'm not saying there isn't any that fit that description, as I personally know quite a few that do. But you can't label all British women under that description because it's utterly not fair and completely degrading.

Plus people that are saying that a BMI of 18 and 19 is perfect blablabla, that's verging on being underweight. So basically you're saying you would rather women become unhealthy to satisfy your eyes. Who's being the arrogant ones now?

???????? I don't get the second paragraph.

British women are drunks and no good, you can see quite a lot on TV
Original post by Zangoose
Are you genuinely retarded enough to believe being a virgin would discredit his argument? Or are you just a basement-dwelling rep whore?

Hahaha you really are upset. Are you a virgin too??
Original post by x_Natalie_x
Hahaha you really are upset. Are you a virgin too??

:confused:

Worst argument ever.
Original post by minniiee
thats based on self attractivenes....

But what does that tell you about peoples mentality?
If women feel best between 19-20, yet most are choosing to be far higher then that, these women will be very miserable about their appearance yet choose to do nothing about it. That is horribly unhealthy.

not really
it doesnt mean he want to sleep with you but why should you have to talk to a stranger?
as long as you are polite i dont think there is any reason why you should feel you have to talk to someone you dont know if you dont want to and i dont think that is arrogant

So now girls are just socially inept and don't like to talk unless it will lead to ****ing? No matter how you look at it, snubbing people at social gatherings is never good.

i didnt ignore anything
i know just as many females that go to the gym as i know males
and you have both ignored the fact that some people will be unable to do certain forms of exercise

Again, I find this impossible to believe.
I go to the gym a lot and have been to many, and at best, it will be a 4:1 ratio of guys to girls, at worst, 16:1. I also know of few girls (2 to be exact) who are involved in sports.
As for excuses - you will always be able to do some form of exercise.

you haven't seen fat Mediterranean women? im guessing you've only been to the holiday destinations...

Sure - but they are about 50, not 20 and in their prime.

everyone knows obesity is bigger in the uk than most other european nations but that doesnt mean there arent fat people there too!
and for the italian women... actually, there are only 1 or 2 decent "highstreet" clothes shops and they cost a bomb, unless you count zara/h&m/which are just as popular here as in the uk. but as i said clothes here cost a lot more than in the uk so theres actually a lot of women wearing old/mismatched items or clothes the bought from the market. im living in the north so the "rich" part....

Italians do few large high-street names because they would prefer to buy from smaller shops as size and quality are not always linked.
Well from what I have seen, girls in Italy can make mismatched items look better than clothes over here :redface: That says a lot about British girls doesn't it.

Original post by Anonymous
Has it ever occurred to the OP that the reason he believes all British women to be like this is because this is what captures his attention in women. What about the more subtle, intelligent and interesting women that he most clearly seems to be ignoring?

Because they are either very rare or fat and ugly girls who try to compensate with a personality (which is normally fairly poor at best).
(edited 11 years ago)
Err, have you met a woman before, because the things your saying are quite cliche. Women only talk about themselves or reality tv shows? Women sleep about too much? Sounds awfully familiar, might be from the stereotype that some foreigners, older people and plain ol' mysoginists have on young British girls before they actually speak to one. Honestly, the only people I've met who fit this sort of description are a very small minority compared to everyone else, and actually, some of them are reasonably nice, they just enjoy a partying lifestyle. You seriously can't say the girls on TSR are like this? Believe me, I doubt very many of them are staining their keyboards with fake than and downing bottle after bottle of vodka.
Go use google scholar and grab some books from Amazon on the subject, or if you are not too bothered, just read the demo versions.
Beauty has nothing to do with society and everything to do with nature. Why would you ever find someone who is fat to be attractive? Unless famine is common, you don't because it shows the person to have either health problems or poor mental health.

I have met vast numbers of girls from across this country, and also a large amount from abroad and the differences are staggering. I have fond that the only guys who do disagree have rarely or never met and talked to foreign girls thus make a judgement based on ignorance.

At least most men can claim football and maybe a few other things. It is not uncommon either for drunken male students to have debates on politics or philosophy and how to set the world right. Now how many times have you seen girls do that? :redface: Also more male students do sports compared to girls. This is why there is a higher chance at 18-24 for a guy to be underweight then fat, and a ~35% chance for a girl to be obese :facepalm:
Don't get me wrong, British men are also pretty bad, just not as bad. We have not taken up putting on make-up, wearing lingerie, speaking softly etc.

Yes, somethings are social constructs, but they are very minor. Women trying to take on the role of hunter (not hunting, but raising money for food and not raising the children) has clearly failed due to the soaring rates of depression and obesity in this country. Again, if women did enjoy that lifestyle, then why do so many binge drink to forget their life?
The natural system is not needed in todays world, but we still need it as people because it is engrained into our nature and to fight it leads to all sorts of mental complications.

Recommend some and I'd rather read a study then a book because books tend to be less scientific and more popularist and simplify too much. But, that's only with the knowledge that they have poor mental health/health problems. If you're ignorant of the fact that fatness is linked to poor health/mental health then who knows. Also, there's a difference between finding fatness attractive and being apathetic to fatness.

Still far too small of a sample, make a thread on here and you'd see you're wrong. Only football and what's the difference between watching football and watching reality TV? You're watching a competition. You have a favorite. And you discuss the episodes/matches. Pretty similar. You're a guy therefore probably socialize more with guys than girls. So, how do you know what drunker women talk about? From bars? Drunken guys in bars won't talk about philosophy or politics. The average drunken man doesn't give a **** about those subjects. I assume you're referring to caked-up make up? That's only in nights out and I don't see much of a problem with them. Haven't seen any women wear lingerie in public and don't see the problem in private.

No. That's not how the scientific method works. There are a range of factors that could be used to explain the increase in depression rates/obesity rates and you can't separate all these factors and say 1 of them caused it. Men tend to binge drink more than women. Does that men are unsuited to that lifestyle? Have you ever thought that women binge drink for the same reason men do? Stress? Stress from work applies to both men and women.

No, it doesn't not at least you haven't provided any reason for us to follow it. You're really unscientific in forming your opinions and conclusions.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Recommend some and I'd rather read a study then a book because books tend to be less scientific and more popularist and simplify too much. But, that's only with the knowledge that they have poor mental health/health problems. If you're ignorant of the fact that fatness is linked to poor health/mental health then who knows. Also, there's a difference between finding fatness attractive and being apathetic to fatness.

http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/m.j.tovee/BJP.pdf

That is one of many papers showing such things :redface:

Still far too small of a sample, make a thread on here and you'd see you're wrong. Only football and what's the difference between watching football and watching reality TV? You're watching a competition. You have a favorite. And you discuss the episodes/matches. Pretty similar. You're a guy therefore probably socialize more with guys than girls. So, how do you know what drunker women talk about? From bars? Drunken guys in bars won't talk about philosophy or politics. The average drunken man doesn't give a **** about those subjects. I assume you're referring to caked-up make up? That's only in nights out and I don't see much of a problem with them. Haven't seen any women wear lingerie in public and don't see the problem in private.

I have made threads on this topic in the past and the result has always been the same. Those who have stayed in the UK accept it, those who have looked abroad realise how bad the UK is.
Actually I have been in many groups with drunk guys and girls and drunk girls tend to say nothing, cry, or go on about some guy they like. It is very dull.

My point about make-up and lingerie is that girls are starting to wear boxers and not use make-up, thus the equivalent is if men were to wear make-up etc which is clearly not happening, hence why I say that women have the bigger problem.

No. That's not how the scientific method works. There are a range of factors that could be used to explain the increase in depression rates/obesity rates and you can't separate all these factors and say 1 of them caused it. Men tend to binge drink more than women. Does that men are unsuited to that lifestyle? Have you ever thought that women binge drink for the same reason men do? Stress? Stress from work applies to both men and women.

No, it doesn't not at least you haven't provided any reason for us to follow it. You're really unscientific in forming your opinions and conclusions.

Actually women now binge drink more than men, and if you want to go on abut the scientific method, then please go ahead and do some research as I have. Research has shown that women do know what looks good and that being fat always looks bad. Also look at the amount of women in work and rates of depression across EU countries. When women act like men, they become depressed......which is somewhat obvious.
Reply 215
Original post by The Marshall
???????? I don't get the second paragraph.

British women are drunks and no good, you can see quite a lot on TV

Second paragraph wasn't directed at you.

Yes, TV, actors, not real life.
I'm British and I've never been drunk. Another false stereotype ;D
Original post by zangorou
Second paragraph wasn't directed at you.

Yes, TV, actors, not real life.
I'm British and I've never been drunk. Another false stereotype ;D

Oh right. Thanks.:biggrin:
Try finding some private school girls..I did...

Oh and if it's an all girls school, all the better.
Original post by The Nosy Gecko
Try finding some private school girls..I did...

Oh and if it's an all girls school, all the better.

I know a girl who came from a private school. I guess she's a little better in her outlook.
The men in this country can be just as bad.
I'm not going to deny there are bad apples around, but men are no better sometimes they seem to encourage these sorts of women. There are women who don't behave like this and get ignored and feel they have to become ladettes to fit in.

Original post by x_Natalie_x
Somebody's a virgin.

Oh dear :rolleyes:.

Quick Reply