The Student Room Group

Can you change your GCSE certificates?

I did my GCSES but I didn’t pass my GCSE Maths, however I have passed it now. But on my past certificates it says A*A*AAAABBBBCC and G in Maths, I was wondering if it is possible to contact the exam boards to take that old grade off the certificates? And to keep my new certificate that says grade C?
Just get some tipp-ex and change the grade. p.s. i did that on my maths and english
Reply 2
You can apply for a updated certificate through your college/school. I'm sure you have to pay though.
Reply 3
Original post by Maxiinee
I did my GCSES but I didn’t pass my GCSE Maths, however I have passed it now. But on my past certificates it says A*A*AAAABBBBCC and G in Maths, I was wondering if it is possible to contact the exam boards to take that old grade off the certificates? And to keep my new certificate that says grade C?

Why?
Reply 4
Original post by Maxiinee

No they won't. Exam boards will only alter certificates if they are sent back within a month or so of issue because there is an error in them. All you can do it show both certificates together.
Reply 5
Original post by TrollerCoaster
Just get some tipp-ex and change the grade. p.s. i did that on my maths and english

wouldnt want to risk it but thanks
Reply 6
How did you write the grade? after removing it with tip ex
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
The certificates have the date on. That grade was correct for the date. Exam boards will only alter old certificates to change your name if you transition or are part of a witness protection scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending