The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dear you,

I don't know what happened to us, or when exactly it changed. But I know that our friendship has changed, and I need to say this: you are still one of my very best friends. I know that we're growing apart, and I hate it and get really angry about it sometimes, but I guess it's just one of those things that was bound to happen. But I swear to God, you better not lose touch with me. I will never live with myself if I let us lose touch.

I bloody love you so much, from the bottom of my heart, and I always will love you. Even when we're not close anymore, you'll still be my best girl. Thankyou for all the great memories we share, and I really really really hope you dont forget about me

I love you
Dear You,

I'm sorry if I've made things difficult for you. I know now that you don't feel the same way, but I tell myself that it's better than the uncertainty I felt before. I want you to know that I really like you, and I have done for a long time. Seeing you brightens my day.

That was the first time I've ever asked anyone out, and if I had to be rejected by someone, I'm glad it was you. I hope we can still be good friends, even if we can never be anything more.

love, Me.

PS I really did want to kiss you that night...
Reply 382
Original post by Harpoon
Aww, I wish I could give you two hugs! :hugs: That's really sad what you both put!

Awww how sweet :hugs: :smile:
dear you,

i give up...

sincerely me
Dear You,

I wish you'd just message me. It makes me fel like **** being the one who's always finding excuses to talk to you. You really think I meant it when unsaid I want to cut contact? You know me better than that, and I know you do. I think about you a lot, I miss having someone there to keep me sane.

I wish you knew, sincerely,

Me.
Dear You,

When I think about you it makes me want to cry. I know I'm needy, clingy, and whatever else you want to call me, but I really do "love" you. I know when we first spoke we both slagged it off, saying it's not true, and it's not real, but I just miss you so much. We didn't even discuss particularly private topics, I just want to be able to talk to you about anything again. I want to smile again, and feel all those feelings I used to tell you about. You completely changed my perception of people like you, and I'm glad you did. I really hope you come back for me in a few years, or even a month or so. I guess whatever happens, happens for the best.

I just feel so lonely without you.

Me.
Dear you

I really can't understand now why you had such a hold over me. I used to go bright red whenever I saw you and get so excited when you acknowledged me. We started talking on msn, of all things, years ago, when I was about 14, and we exchanged words and texts until a few months ago. But stupid me didn't realize that you never admitted to anyone that we spoke, that you would never speak to me when any of your friends were around, and that everything that came out of your mouth was a lie. I thought you were so sweet, yet looking back the sweetest thing you ever said to me was that I was 'hot'. That day I went to your house and you told me not to tell anyone because you didn't want people to talk about us behind our backs - I naively thought you were being romantic and trying to keep what was between us special. But you just didn't want your friends to know because you'd be embarrassed, both because I was younger than you, and because you thought I wasn't good enough for you. Well, now I'm the one who's embarrassed, because I wasted so much time thinking about a boy who I thought was different, who seemed clever and so much more worldly than me, who told me so many times that we had something different, but all that time you were just a pretentious d*ckhead, to be honest.

You used to think you were so much better than me. But now you've dropped out of college and work in a pub, the beautiful girlfriend who I used to WISH was me has finally dumped you, and you have no future that I can see. Your best days were hanging out with the guys, where your charm got you places, made you popular despite your staggering arrogance and sleaziness. But you're going nowhere now - whereas I, I've got so much to look forward to.

When you saw me the other day, I know you were shocked. You weren't expecting that I'd be able to meet your gaze and turn away, ignoring you. And when I ignored your text that night, the first you'd sent in months, I got such a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you no longer had that compelling power over me that used to drive me to reply whether I wanted to or not.

Have a nice life.
Yours, your no longer naive ex-plaything.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Dear you,
You've messed up my head in ways I didn't think possible.

I feel like I've felt every variation on misery and loss possible since the break up. A couple of months should NOT make anyone feel this messed up.

But I am strong in that I know not to chase you down or even convince myself of nice little fantasies where you and me work out, all I want from you is to let go of your grasp on my heart. I want to go places where we went together, and feel nothing. I don't want to look for you in crowds any more, feel hesitant that I will see you in shared haunts.

So now I've finally gotten to the acceptance stage. I am accepting you've made me feel completely **** and you know what, fine...I can't continue pretending like I'm the kind of heartless not-give-a-**** guy that so many girls bemoan. If I can't force myself to get over you I'm going to take the power away by just not caring. If I'm the kind of guy that feels like blubbering while walking down a street then so be it, if it makes me weak whatever. If you can hide your emotions that well I envy you...I cannot, not for this.

I cared about you...too much. I don't know why this break-up of all my break-ups has effected me so, but if I look back I'm lost. Fact is it did.

I've always prided myself on my logic, on my reason, on my ability to look at my feelings and situation from a part of me that is detached and impartial, that anchors me...I can barely feel that part of me any more.

But I will.
Dear You,

To be quite frank, you don't even deserve a "Dear", it should be "To", but a part of me is still crazy about you and misses you.

The thing is, this isn't even as deep as my last "relationship" (if it can even be called that). But I don't know why it hurts so bad. I just wish you'd show some emotion, show that you cared, show you missed me, that you think about me, that you're not some robotic automaton always there with an answer to a question.

For once, for ****s sake, open up. I wish I didn't feel like this, my heart feels like its sinking, I put on this smiley front for the rest of the world to see, but inside you've brocken me. During my last "break up" it was like a yearning, grieving feeling. Now, I don't even have the strength to cry.

Please, please, anyone out there, tell me how to cry, I'm emotionally numbed.

Me.
Dear You,
I want you, I need you and I love you. I know you struggle and I know that we weren't always perfect. But that has never stopped me from loving you. I'm trying to be strong, I made the mistake the last time we broke up of getting in touch constantly and, although it got us back together, it only made me appear weaker. I am having to force myself not to get in touch, just hearing from you makes me excited. I know we're meeting up in a few days. And part of me knows that it wont make a difference. But a huge part of me wants nothing more than to experience that incredible attraction that we have, or had. I love you. And i want you to know that.
Yours, always & forever,
Me
Original post by -chiquitita
Dear you

I really can't understand now why you had such a hold over me. I used to go bright red whenever I saw you and get so excited when you acknowledged me. We started talking on msn, of all things, years ago, when I was about 14, and we exchanged words and texts until a few months ago. But stupid me didn't realize that you never admitted to anyone that we spoke, that you would never speak to me when any of your friends were around, and that everything that came out of your mouth was a lie. I thought you were so sweet, yet looking back the sweetest thing you ever said to me was that I was 'hot'. That day I went to your house and you told me not to tell anyone because you didn't want people to talk about us behind our backs - I naively thought you were being romantic and trying to keep what was between us special. But you just didn't want your friends to know because you'd be embarrassed, both because I was younger than you, and because you thought I wasn't good enough for you. Well, now I'm the one who's embarrassed, because I wasted so much time thinking about a boy who I thought was different, who seemed clever and so much more worldly than me, who told me so many times that we had something different, but all that time you were just a pretentious d*ckhead, to be honest.

You used to think you were so much better than me. But now you've dropped out of college and work in a pub, the beautiful girlfriend who I used to WISH was me has finally dumped you, and you have no future that I can see. Your best days were hanging out with the guys, where your charm got you places, made you popular despite your staggering arrogance and sleaziness. But you're going nowhere now - whereas I, I've got so much to look forward to.

When you saw me the other day, I know you were shocked. You weren't expecting that I'd be able to meet your gaze and turn away, ignoring you. And when I ignored your text that night, the first you'd sent in months, I got such a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you no longer had that compelling power over me that used to drive me to reply whether I wanted to or not.

Have a nice life.
Yours, your no longer naive ex-plaything.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

The feeling of breaking away from someone you never thought you would Is pretty amazing, I know just how you feel :smile:
Dear You,

I still can't believe that everything happened between us and that we are where we are right now. In the (almost) 8 months that we've known each other, you've become my best friend and favourite person by far. I already tell you how much I love you, probably a bit too often, although you say you like to hear it. I'm sorry I've been so clingy and needy about things recently, but really, I don't know where I'd be right now if I didn't have you. I feel so lucky to have you. You say that you don't deserve me, but really I think it's the other way round.

You're always so much nicer to me than I deserve. You say I'm the nicest person you've ever met, but I can't believe you. I don't think of myself as nice. I feel too self-centred for that.

I'm sorry I feel awkward whenever you mention stuff about your family but I never know how much you want to talk about it, and I don't like to ask just in case. I wish I could make things feel a bit better though. I admire how you just don't think about things like that and just get on with life. If all of that was going on in my life, I think I'd be devastated and I'd be struggling, because I am a weak person. Even when there was a small possibility that my parents were going to separate a couple of years ago, I got really upset.

Again, I know I tell you how much you mean to me often and how much I love you, but I really don't think I can adequately describe either of them in words. I just want to be with you as often as possible because I know I'm going to miss you terribly when we're apart over the summer. I hope we don't drift apart then or next year when we won't get to see each other as often.

It scares me how much you mean to me. I don't often let people get that close because I'm used to them leaving when that happens. Yes, I have terrible abandonment issues. I really wish I didn't because I believe it'd make me a better person. Sometimes, a part of me wishes that this had never happened, regardless of how wonderful it's all been, because I feel like if things end it'll just destroy me. And I can't help but think that it's all too good to have happened to me, and that every time I become content with my life things tend to change for the worse. Plus I feel like because this is our first proper relationship, and a lot of people don't seem to stay with their first boyfriend or girlfriend, that a lot of people think this is doomed to failure. I still can't get used to how highly you think of me.

I just don't want to lose you. You're the most important person in my life right now and I've never felt so much for anyone or anything. Pathetic as it sounds, I doubt I could ever meet someone who I feel this way about if things didn't work out.

I love you more than I could ever articulate in words. You say you love me more but I really don't think that you could.

I'm sorry about anything bad that's happened in our relationship.

Love from Me.
Dear you,

I wish you were normal and treated us all like you should. I wish you would give us our choices and not take away our freedom of choice.
I wish you were not so controlling. I wish that if you can't change then just please leave us be.

Me
Original post by Anonymous
Dear you,

I wish you were normal and treated us all like you should. I wish you would give us our choices and not take away our freedom of choice.
I wish you were not so controlling. I wish that if you can't change then just please leave us be.

Me

:console:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Dear you,

Ever since we met, I can’t stop thinking about you. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. Before I met you, I hated everything about myself, I was never content with anything, the one thing I hated most, is the thing you seem to like. It makes me feel so confident, far from my shy awkward self.

Sadly we haven’t met irl, we’ve only had our little lust filled cyber romance. I’m not sure what it is I feel for you, whether it’s love, or simply lust. All I know is, when I see you I feel safe, wanted, happier than I have ever been and then my mind goes into overdrive and I just want to jump your bones :tongue:

I love the way you make me feel and the way I make you smile, oh, how I love that smile of yours, I can’t begin to describe how happy I feel when I think about you but at the same time, I hate the way I’m feeling, I hate that I would do anything for you, I hate that I’ve broken all of my ‘personal rules’ for you, and I hate that I give into you so easily but I could never hate you.

I know the deal though, we’ll never be together, I need to accept that. I’m just not strong enough to let you go. I’ll remember you always. You helped me break free of my shell, gave me confidence in myself, and brought out a side of me that I had buried long ago. I thank you for that and I’ve repaid my debts to you :wink: I know you’ll remember those late nights on skype, I sure as hell will!

Whether it was love or lust is irrelevant, every steamy cyber romance must end one day… Today just isn’t that day.

Love, Me
Dear You,

First things first, I love you more than life itself. When I met you I was still in that stage of my life where I hated myself and nothing was seeming to work out. You stepped in and showed me what it felt like to be loved by someone other than my parents - someone who wasn't just supposed to love me by default. You brought out confidence in me that I never knew I had. You made me smile again.

I can tell our relationship has moved on now from the infatuation stage - the so-called 'honeymoon period' may be over for you. I'm still there. I still think about you every second of the day, and feel lost when you leave to go home. I don't know if you still feel that way. Though what I do know is that you love me. You said for yourself that I'm your everything too, which means the world to me.

I know I sometimes overthink things and get a bit worried about 'us', and I'm sorry for ever doubting your love.

I'm not sure as to the point of this note, other than to tell you how much I am thankful to you for rescuing me, and for making me who I am today. I need you to know that I love you, though I'm pretty sure you already know that :wink:

Love me.
Dear you,

I love you, always has, always will, I have for 6 years now, last June when you told me you like me back I never been soo happy, I could finally laugh in the face of people telling me to move on and thought I was stupid for waiting for you, but we are best friends and first of all it wasn't a probably but the fact that your best friend liked me too was, so we didn't get with each other until we never he was over me

I did have feelings for him, but absolutely nothing like the feelings I have for you, your friend did ask me out but I said no, cause I knew if I said no there would be a "us", but you said to wait until we go back to school, but two days before you got with another girl, I couldn't stop crying, I couldnt sleep, I remember being in ikea the next day not being able to eat cause I was soo numb, you told me that we couldn't be together cause we are too good friends and you didn't want to ruin it.

Now two weeks ago, I still love you and you told me you still love me too but you can't make up your mind if we should go out or not, you said you see me as a sister, but I've always said that I not only wanted a boyfriend, but a best friend too, we can make it work, I know we can just please give us a chance

Love me x
Dear you;
I love you! You changed my life, and I let you go because I never really had you.
I'll see you in another life, my love :')
Reply 398
Dear you,

I love you.

I hate myself for it but I do. You are the root of all my happiness and simaltanoesly all my sadness. I know that in a year or so we finish school. I'll go off and do my thing and you'll go off and do yours. We'll keep in touch but I won't have you everyday to look after me and remind me to be strong. I can't imagine that. When I imagine my future you're there, when I leave my parents house I move in with you, when I get married its to you, when I have kids its with you, when I'm old and grey I'm reminiscing with you. But that won't happen.

Maybe you'll find a girlfriend. Because I'm your best friend I should be really happy for you, but that would kill me inside, I couldn't deal with that, as selfish as it is, but that should be me.

The year that we spent together was the best of my life. I can't thank you enough for everything that you've done. You're such a wonderful man. I didn't and dont deserve you. You're so perfect and you do so much for me. I can't tell you how I feel because we haven't dated in two years, we were just kids back then, and we're supposed to be bestfreinds. And I know you don't feel the same way. You haven't dated anyone in the two years since us which I'm glad for because I couldn't watch you arm in arm with another girl even if you deserve better than me.

I miss your cuddles. I miss you holding me in your arms. Sometimes when I'm feeling fragile I get really touchy feely with you. I'm sorry I don't mean to its just your hugs always made me feel safe and loved.

I really want, more than want, need to spend the rest of my life with you. But I won't, because we'll finish school without me ever telling you how beautiful you are, we'll live in different cities and you'll have new friends and a new life. And ill be lost without you.

I love you, your pirame xxx
Reply 399
When I started this thread, I never imagined it'd still be going after all this time. There are a lot of broken hearts out there it seems. :p:

But while I'm here, I might as well close a chapter of my life.

Dear You,

Our disfunctional friendship/relationship/whatever it was is finally over. I can still remember the party 4 years ago when we first became friends, we were both drunk and sat in the garden for hours just talking. Kissing you when you had a boyfriend was definately not my proudest moment. The inevitable break up that followed didn't seem to effect you, you ran straight into my arms and for a month or so things were great... but when I broke things off and suggest we just be friends, things changed. You seemed to accept it but you acted as if I was your boyfriend, you bombarded me with texts, you invited yourself out with my friends, you manipulated me. I'm was pretty stupid to keep going back to you and kissing you on drunken nights out - I think that messed us both up for a long time.

I was the first boy that ever turned you down and I think that hit you pretty hard but your actions as a result of it now mean you have lost me forever. The final straw came when you invited yourself to see me at university and then complained when I wasn't particularly receptive to your visit. I took you to my coursemates party and introduced you to all my friends but all you did was sit there and moan and then argue about having a terrible time and then closing up when I asked why. I realised that looking back, a lot of the bad times I've experienced over the past 4 years focused aroun something to do with you. So I cut all contact, even deleted you off Facebook. It was petty but don't need you in my life and you don't need me. You're manipulative, self-obsessed and blind to your own faults. I hope you have a good life but I don't want to be a part of it.

I think Aidan Moffat says it best: "and so it turns out that we're exactly who we thought we were, theres no redemptive arc, no shocking final twist. Just the corniest of cliches and the ending that everyone predicted.. and the faded flavour of the wrong lips kissed".

Love Me I guess.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending