The Student Room Group

Does anyone come into this forum for motivation?

It's funny... I haven't visited the medicine sub forum for about a year now. Yet I always do when the exam period rolls around. I find it motivates me, reading about others with their grades and what they're doing now.

I just browse, but it's a really good forum when I can't be bothered to work and I come and look in here, as it inspires me to crack on with some more chemistry.
Reply 1
Yup! Motivation and inspiration were the reason I joined this forum, back in t'day when Renal was a mere third year.
Reply 2
Original post by navarre
x

Yeah, reading others success stories makes me feel like it's actually possible :biggrin:
I've also found that just from this forum I have picked up valuable admissions tips and knowledge that I would be lost without.
I love this place.

It's also hilarious when someone decides to post in the 'current medical students and doctors' thread with admission questions and Digitalis goes wild on them. :colone:
It's understandable though, it clearly says it's only for current med students and doctors. But funny non the less...

I need to get out more. :lolwut:
Reply 3
Original post by digitalis
Yup! Motivation and inspiration were the reason I joined this forum, back in t'day when Renal was a mere third year.

I can remember your pre-fresher days :p:

To answer the question, to some extent yes.
Reply 4
I go on here all the time, it sort of gets me in the - "well if these guys are getting into Medicine, SO DO I" mood so - Motivated :yep:
Reply 5
I find this forum scares me into working hard. Without it I wouldn't of had a clue how competitive medicine really is, and just how hard it is to get a place. Seeing people with far more and far better GCSE results than me describe theirs as 'bad' really put into perspective just what I was jumping into.
Original post by navarre
It's funny... I haven't visited the medicine sub forum for about a year now. Yet I always do when the exam period rolls around. I find it motivates me, reading about others with their grades and what they're doing now.

I just browse, but it's a really good forum when I can't be bothered to work and I come and look in here, as it inspires me to crack on with some more chemistry.

It has helped me a great deal during the application process for sure, so yeah, I'd say TSR is a pretty good source of motivation.
:yes:

The stickies in this forum... :sogood:
Reply 8
Not so much now, but back in A levels I was on the medicine sub-forum pretty much 24/7. I learnt a lot about medical applications from TSR.
Reply 9
Original post by Doctor.
I go on here all the time, it sort of gets me in the - "well if these guys are getting into Medicine, SO DO I" mood so - Motivated :yep:

:five: I know right!
I don't come on for motivation, but inevitably end up seeing stories of people who work 10 hours a day and don't think it's enough etc which guilts me into doing some work ...
Original post by digitalis

Jeez you're old.

You planning on sticking around post-graduation?
Reply 12
Used to majorly freak me out and convince me that I wasn't good enough for medicine.
On the other hand it gave me lots of info that massively helped me to secure 4 offers, and to realise that doing badly at AS does not mean that you won't get into medicine.
Used to scare the hell out of me in the sense that there's tonnes of people with amazing grades and work experience...

... but it's worth bearing in mind that the people here are likely to be the more highly dedicated applicants. There's going to be a lot of people worse than you!
Original post by RollerBall
Jeez you're old.

You planning on sticking around post-graduation?

Yup! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by joker12345
I don't come on for motivation, but inevitably end up seeing stories of people who work 10 hours a day and don't think it's enough etc which guilts me into doing some work ...

Hahaha, that's true, although those people are in the minority. Most medicine applicants don't do ten hours of work a day... I hope.
Reply 16
Original post by navarre
Hahaha, that's true, although those people are in the minority. Most medicine applicants don't do ten hours of work a day... I hope.

what do you guys do? :tongue:

It used to motivate me to do well back in my a level days. Now im on a gap year, its helping the time go by a little bit faster!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending