The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been looking over the specification and it is far less detailed than my notes. Can they ask questions based on information that isn't on the specification?
Should I just condense my notes so that they match the specification exactly?

I'm studying from home so I can't really check with a teacher.
Reply 21
Unit 4 notes
Reply 22
Original post by Rizzy J
Unit 4 notes

thanks a lot!
Reply 23
I'm not prepared for this unit at all. gahhh ;(
Original post by Puloot
I'm not prepared for this unit at all. gahhh ;(

Don't worry you still have plenty of time :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Rizzy J
Unit 4 notes

Did you do these? If you did...did you use mark schemes to make each bullet point?
Reply 26
Original post by heelp.
Did you do these? If you did...did you use mark schemes to make each bullet point?

I think the person that did do them did, because one of the set of bullet points i recognise from mark scheme :smile:
Reply 27
Should we do questions, to help eachother revise?
Reply 28
i' resitting this :'( when i did it in Jan knew it didn't go well but i didn't think it had gone too bad, i thought i might get a C or something i got an E!!! :O horrified is not the word - and now i'm so scared to do it again :frown: i just never know what the questions are asking, they put them into ridiculous contexts!! :'( please tell me someone else is having these problems! <3
Reply 29
Original post by ashleighjp
i' resitting this :'( when i did it in Jan knew it didn't go well but i didn't think it had gone too bad, i thought i might get a C or something i got an E!!! :O horrified is not the word - and now i'm so scared to do it again :frown: i just never know what the questions are asking, they put them into ridiculous contexts!! :'( please tell me someone else is having these problems! <3

What will help you with this, is going through a lot of past papers, like even from specifications that arent ours, as they tend to maintain the same questions, as there is only so much application and so many questions they could ask.
I remember for last years paper, i went through loads of past how science works questions and one question was basically the same! e.g
some really common applciation questions are;
1. factors to consider when deciding sample size: enough for representative, and statistical test, but not too time consuming
2. Why use units per gram or per area: because it allows comparison and there are large variations in overall masses or area size

But yeahh that sort of thing :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by jessplease
I think the person that did do them did, because one of the set of bullet points i recognise from mark scheme :smile:

thats what i think!! :smile: do you think thats good?
Reply 31
Original post by heelp.
thats what i think!! :smile: do you think thats good?

yeahh deffo! I did that with last year and it worked really well, cus the way they will mark the question is gunna always be the samee, and you only end up learning what youneed to learn :smile:
Reply 32
yeahh deffo! I did that with last year and it worked really well, cus the way they will mark the question is gunna always be the samee, and you only end up learning what youneed to learn :smile:

thats sooo smart :smile: what did you get in unit 4 and 5? :smile:
Reply 33
How I despise this unit with a passion. I hate ecology.
Reply 34
Original post by heelp.
thats sooo smart :smile: what did you get in unit 4 and 5? :smile:

you mean 1 and 2? 291/300 :biggrin:
Reply 35
you mean 1 and 2? 291/300 :biggrin:

Units 1 and 2 is out of 240.
Units 1, 2 and 3 is out of 300.
Reply 36
Original post by . .
Units 1 and 2 is out of 240.
Units 1, 2 and 3 is out of 300.

Ohhh yh, so 231/240 :smile:
Reply 37
Ohhh yh, so 231/240 :smile:

What did you get in unit 4?

And you got full marks on the ISA/EMPA? Are you a God? :eek:
Reply 38
Original post by . .
What did you get in unit 4?

And you got full marks on the ISA/EMPA? Are you a God? :eek:

Lolll last years one was easier! Full ums doesn't mean full marks tho! :smile:
And I haven't done unit 4 yettt, our college don't do it till June :frown:
Reply 39
Lolll last years one was easier! Full ums doesn't mean full marks tho! :smile:
And I haven't done unit 4 yettt, our college don't do it till June :frown:

Oh. Yeah I know.

I got a C grade last time in unit 4 (I kept nodding off in the exam, I couldn't afford caffeine for the last exam) and never finished. I'm still on an A grade overall though somehow.

Latest