The Student Room Group

Feelings for my step sister :(

I don't know what to do, we have been in the same family since I was 12. She is now 16 and I'm 17, and I have a crush on her :redface: What can I do? It feels so wrong, but we aren't related and we have only known each other for about 5 years
Reply 1
It's normal (natural and expected), but shunned upon. Do what you want, but keep in mind there'll be consequences.
Reply 2
Yolo
you're 17. your homones are going nuts and everything is sexual. I'm 20 and mine have only just started to settle down.
Plus you've only known each other for 5 years, so you might not have thet brother/sister bond, but a plutonic one that you have with your female friends (that can easily change to romantic feelings).
Biologically, there is nothing wrong with it.
culturally/socially their may be difficulties.
all I can recommend is to sit on it and ook at other girls. It amy pass - how long have you had these feelings.

To make you feel better about romantic feelings towards family members, young boys become sexually attracted to their mothers, notice the bond between their parents, become jelous of their father, then resolve to become like their fathers so their mother will like them.
Apparently.

guys tend to like girls similar to their mothers, and girls like guys who are similar to their fathers (and therefore usually similar to their brother).
as there is no biological issue, this could be why you feel attracted to your step sister ?
Reply 4
Original post by brunettegirl92

To make you feel better about romantic feelings towards family members, young boys become sexually attracted to their mothers, notice the bond between their parents, become jelous of their father, then resolve to become like their fathers so their mother will like them.
Apparently.

guys tend to like girls similar to their mothers, and girls like guys who are similar to their fathers (and therefore usually similar to their brother).
as there is no biological issue, this could be why you feel attracted to your step sister ?
In the name of everything that's normal, please don't try to use "psychology" any more... this is so wrong it's not even wrong.....

I'm sorry, but your education has failed you. Did you attend a canine school or something?
Original post by kristol90
In the name of everything that's normal, please don't try to use "psychology" any more... this is so wrong it's not even wrong.....

I'm sorry, but your education has failed you. Did you attend a canine school or something?

no, I read these amazing things called books - you know - wads of paper stuck together with symbols on them?

and in this book about psychology - or an introduction to, there was a chapter on early development of children and this is what it described.

anyway, i put the word 'apparently' - meaning it is a supposed fact, but i personally thought it could be up for debate.

no need to be rude - manners don't cost a penny and acting like a smug ******** doesn't make you sound intelligent, it makes you sound like a douche.

If you can't bring your point across in a more polite manner, your parents and your education have both failed you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Snap out of it... Please?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 7
no, I read these amazing things called books - you know - wads of paper stuck together with symbols on them?

and in this book about psychology - or an introduction to, there was a chapter on early development of children and this is what it described.

anyway, i put the word 'apparently' - meaning it is a supposed fact, but i personally thought it could be up for debate.

no need to be rude - manners don't cost a penny and acting like a smug ******** doesn't make you sound intelligent, it makes you sound like a douche.

If you can't bring your point across in a more polite manner, your parents and your education have both failed you.

Sorry about that, but if you become smarter you'll see how retarded your post was.
Yes, you probably read that in an introductory psychology book.
You should pay more attention to what you read though, because it was hopefully in the section about the history of psychology - theories that are no longer true. Just like in biology you would read about Lamarck's theory of evolution. Or, you know, in history you would read about history - things that no longer are. ****. Where's forced sterilization when you need it...
(edited 11 years ago)
Sorry about that, but if you become smarter you'll see how retarded your post was.
Yes, you probably read that in an introductory psychology book.
You should pay more attention to what you read though, because it was hopefully in the section about the history of psychology - theories that are no longer true. Just like in biology you would read about Lamarck's theory of evolution. Or, you know, in history you would read about history - things that no longer are. ****. Where's forced sterilization when you need it...

um, no, it was in the current theories section.

Its kinda pathetic that you are acting like an ******** simply because you have deluded yourself into thinking you are more intelligent than others.
where i come from its colloquially known as 'little man' syndrome.

I doubt forced sterilization when needed is real otherwise you wouldn't exist.

-assuming the forced sterilization comment was directed at me. it looked like it was, but if it wasn't apologies and ignore.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
um, no, it was in the current theories section.

Its kinda pathetic that you are acting like an ******** simply because you have deluded yourself into thinking you are more intelligent than others.
where i come from its colloquially known as 'little man' syndrome.

I doubt forced sterilization when needed is real otherwise you wouldn't exist.

-assuming the forced sterilization comment was directed at me. it looked like it was, but if it wasn't apologies and ignore.

Hey, sweetie, tell me why does the culture change if the young ones want to be like the old ones? Why do the elderly think the youth is too immoral? Why is incest a universal taboo if it's natural? How come there is interracial sex (your theory says white kids only like white kids because their parents must be white)? Did you time travel here from the 1950s or is there a conspiracy to misinform you with laughable psychological theories?
Hey, sweetie, tell me why does the culture change if the young ones want to be like the old ones? Why do the elderly think the youth is too immoral? Why is incest a universal taboo if it's natural? How come there is interracial sex (your theory says white kids only like white kids because their parents must be white)? Did you time travel here from the 1950s or is there a conspiracy to misinform you with laughable psychological theories?

oh no. you do not call me sweetie you patronizing mysogyinist w.anker.
the theory is based on personality - unlike yourself, children do not seem aware of racial diferences, only that people look a different colour/ it doesn't matter. I'm sure that as the expert you are, you will be aware that i'm referring to the Oedipus complex by freud, so such theory did exist, even if it has since been critisized - i have not yet studied the critisizms - i read it as a theory in the book and left it at that. It is not my main subject.

you could have quite easily said in a nice manner; I think that theory is out dated and provide me with a more up-to-date one. That way everyone learns and no-one gets pissed off.

But oh no. you decide you want to be a smug arrogant d.ickhead about it. what you have to go round acting like a total p.rick to make yourself feel good. you are so pathetic that that is how you get your kicks.

Where I come from, we politely correct each other and thats fine because not everyone is an expert in everything in the ****ing world and we all have the intelligence and security in ourselves to realise this and feel comfortable with this.
however you are so far up up your own arse that you appear to be incapable of grasping this concept.
I pity you.

Also due to medical complications, i might not be able to have children, so i find your sterilization comment pretty offensive. I might not be a smug arrogant p.rick like you but i'm intelligent and i think i could have made a good mother. so **** you very much.
last year i went on holiday to a lovely place called hell. you should move there. permanently.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending