The Student Room Group

AHAGHRGHRHGGRHH!! Why the **** do people buy small dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE THEE MOST ANNOYING THINGS I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!!!

I mean honestly. Why buy them? They require just as much work as a medium sized dog which are much more 'dog like'.

Small dogs ****ing yap constantly at EVERYTHING. Why? Because they are ****ing small and therefore greatly inferior to everything else around them and they have to feel that they get their ****ing squeaky piece of **** bark across.

My neighour has a small dog it it never ****ing shuts up. I cannot go into my back garden (it has a high fence/tress etc so I cannot see into there garden but can still heard them) without this stupid dog hearing me, just my footsteps, and it goes on a ****ing barking rampage. The funny thing is if it wasn't for the fence I could easily kill this stupid little dog and it knows it, so why ****ing act hard behind a fence like a little bitch.

I moved my weights into the shed as I do every summer and anytime I go out to use them I get harrassed by a barage of ****ing insults from this stupid little dog. I just wish my dog was still alive perhaps it could could kill this little pest. In fact it almost did once. The stupid little thing (being small) was able to crawl under the fence through a hole my dog dug and got into my garden at which point my dog went ballistic, had I not been able to see this happen and intervene this dog behind me probably wouldn't be bothering me right now.

Scroll to see replies

lol

I have some advice, it's kinda weird but there is this really annoying dog in the garden behind mine and whenever it starts yapping I kinda do a really deep and loud bark, this normally shuts it up....
Reply 2
I share your annoyance at the things.
Get another big, agressive dog? :dontknow:
Reply 3
Think someone just let it all out.
Did you know dogs actually believe that they are the same size as the company they keep. Small dogs actually think they're as big as big dogs and big dogs think they're as big as small dogs. My personal hatred isn't towards small dogs but they're owners, they never treat them properly, if they did they wouldn't be as annoying.
:tongue: You know there are things you can buy to stop dogs barking ... they emit high pitch noises (that only dogs can hear) whenever the dog yaps. Apparently they are quite effective ... :cool:
Reply 6
Why buy a small dogs at all? You can just buy a rabbit and attach it to a length of string! Much less irritating, yeah i agree with the OP
Original post by bestofyou
THEY ARE THEE MOST ANNOYING THINGS I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!!!

I mean honestly. Why buy them? They require just as much work as a medium sized dog which are much more 'dog like'.

Small dogs ****ing yap constantly at EVERYTHING. Why? Because they are ****ing small and therefore greatly inferior to everything else around them and they have to feel that they get their ****ing squeaky piece of **** bark across.

My neighour has a small dog it it never ****ing shuts up. I cannot go into my back garden (it has a high fence/tress etc so I cannot see into there garden but can still heard them) without this stupid dog hearing me, just my footsteps, and it goes on a ****ing barking rampage. The funny thing is if it wasn't for the fence I could easily kill this stupid little dog and it knows it, so why ****ing act hard behind a fence like a little bitch.

I moved my weights into the shed as I do every summer and anytime I go out to use them I get harrassed by a barage of ****ing insults from this stupid little dog. I just wish my dog was still alive perhaps it could could kill this little pest. In fact it almost did once. The stupid little thing (being small) was able to crawl under the fence through a hole my dog dug and got into my garden at which point my dog went ballistic, had I not been able to see this happen and intervene this dog behind me probably wouldn't be bothering me right now.

In the beginning, people bought normal dogs. A few people decided they wanted big dogs. Plenty of people jumped on the "big dog" bandwagon, leaving the others with annoying, and now relatively small, dogs who felt left out and whined about it 24/7.
Reply 8
but...they're cute!:h:
Reply 9
Some people buy small dogs because they have small houses and wish to have a dog or some people buy small dogs as pets because its less maintenance than a medium-sized or large dog.
1. Easier to walk
2. Easier to feed
3. Easier to bathe
4. Live longer
5. Can be just aggressive as larger dogs
6. Cheaper. Tend to eat less food, drink less water. Need small leads/collars/beds so savings there

Thats why.

4. Live longer

That is if you don't crush them

yep they are are extremely annoying and they seriously freak me out with their huge eyes and their extremely minuscule body
The problem isn't that the dogs are small, it's that many owners don't fully understand the breeds, get a small dog because they think it's easy and then don't bother to train their dogs properly.

There are a lot of benefits to having a small dog; they are more suited to a small house or flat, they cost less to feed and medicate, they live longer, many people feel they're safer to have around young children as they're unlikely to knock them over or sit on them, and they're weaker than big dogs so easier to control if they aren't trained to walk to heel.
Reply 13
Original post by y3llo_w
but...they're cute!:h:

so are rabbits, the difference is rabbits don't keep anyone within a mile awake all night after seeing a bird -.-
Reply 14
EXCUSE ME i love my small doggie! People have their own preferences. No need to be so angry o.o
You should bark back innit, two can play at that game?
Reply 16
Try using a dog whistle. The owner wont know what you're up to either.
Reply 17
Original post by Mr Einstein
lol

I have some advice, it's kinda weird but there is this really annoying dog in the garden behind mine and whenever it starts yapping I kinda do a really deep and loud bark, this normally shuts it up....

I used to do this (before it died), works every time :lol:.
Original post by Hummi_C
so are rabbits, the difference is rabbits don't keep anyone within a mile awake all night after seeing a bird -.-

You can't take a rabbit for a walk, it won't like cuddles, it won't play fetch, if you want someone to look after them while you go away you'll have a very hard time finding someone, many vets don't have a clue about them, and if you keep them inside they will make the place an absolute state.

I have pet rabbits and I foster dogs, and even with all the training the dogs need when they come to me they are lower maintenance and cheaper to look after properly than the rabbits are.:tongue:
Reply 19
Haha, I've got a terrier who can be a bit on the yappy side (till he gets his bark collar on, it squirts lemon scent at him if he barks. Incredibly effective!) but he's an awesome little beast, and it's not aggressive - it means he wants to play. Our last dog (another terrier) Had a good deep bark. The next dog we get might have to be a bit bigger though, we've got nearly 4 acres to let them loose in!

Quick Reply

Latest