London

Bsc Economics and Statistics/ Statistics, Economics and Finance

Scroll to see replies

do u know if they even consider late applicants??? :O
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 161
Got an offer on wed but didn't go to the open days.... So don't lose hope even u've not got asked to attend the open day :smile:
Reply 162
Anyone firming?
Yes

Just got to sort out Student Finance/Accommodation know.
Reply 164
Original post by ellie_159
Found the whole open day experience pretty bizarre, being the only British-born girl there was pretty scary! Loved UCL though :smile:

Anyways, just wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether this kind of course is better at LSE or UCL?

You were definitely in the Stats talk at LSE today!
Reply 165
Just read the whole thread but couldn't find a straightforward answer to this question - Do I need statistics in my PS if I'm applying for E&S, or a PS for pure-Economics would work just fine?
Reply 166
Original post by aalex
Just read the whole thread but couldn't find a straightforward answer to this question - Do I need statistics in my PS if I'm applying for E&S, or a PS for pure-Economics would work just fine?

I'd think it would be ok, however, remember that the first people that see your application are the Statistics department. They then pass it on to the Economics department for approval after they have OK'd it (from what I can remember)!
Reply 167
Original post by aalex

If Economics is what you want to do I'd just go for it instead of playing the chances of an offer game.
Reply 168
Original post by joshgoldman
I'd think it would be ok, however, remember that the first people that see your application are the Statistics department. They then pass it on to the Economics department for approval after they have OK'd it (from what I can remember)!

If the people from the Statistics department see my application first, I think not having any statistics in my PS will lead to rejection, especially with the course being so competitive. Do you have an offer for E&S or SEF? How many statistics and finance did you have in your PS?

Tateco
If Economics is what you want to do I'd just go for it instead of playing the chances of an offer game.

I enjoy Statistics too, so the mixture of them wouldn't be a problem. Also, the entry requirements (at my national exam) for this course are achievable, unlike pure-Economics.
Reply 169
Original post by aalex
If the people from the Statistics department see my application first, I think not having any statistics in my PS will lead to rejection, especially with the course being so competitive. Do you have an offer for E&S or SEF? How many statistics and finance did you have in your PS?

I enjoy Statistics too, so the mixture of them wouldn't be a problem. Also, the entry requirements (at my national exam) for this course are achievable, unlike pure-Economics.

I rejected an offer for SEF. I did have a little statistics in my personal statement - I wrote mine specifically for Warwick's MORSE course, so had a bit of everything in. The Statistics department do know that it's a joint honours course, but I think it's managed by the Stats department - so I'd try to add a little stats if you can!
could i get an offer for S, E and F with these grades:
AAAAAABBBC
as Levels, chem, maths, bio, and econ: AABB
A2 Predictions: A*AA
I've got an open day this next week for econ and stats but I don't know whether it'll result in an AAA offer or A*AA because I do maths and Futher maths but no economics.

Has anyone without economics but with maths and further maths received an A*AA offer?
Really would like an AAA offer :colondollar:
Reply 172
not really any help regards a reply but i am also going to the open day so i'll see you there dude
Original post by joemid96
not really any help regards a reply but i am also going to the open day so i'll see you there dude

See you there man, can I ask what your grades are like?
Sorry to bump an old thread- I have an offer for S n e and was wondering whether we get lectures from the economics department for the economics side of the course?

Quick Reply