The Student Room Group

What do you do if you didn't apply for Student Finance in time?

Hi,

I was going to go to drama school but found out that I didn't get in. Now I am going to go through clearing to apply for a uni course through UCAS. But, I didn't apply for student finance because I wasn't sure. What do I do if I get on a course, I haven't got any of my own money to pay with and my parents don't have the money to pay for me. How do I go about getting the money??

Thank you,

Tick. X
Reply 1
You can still apply for it - up to 9 months after the start of your course. The deadline was to guarantee you had your maintenance loan in time for the start of your course.

If you apply now you may still get it on time/a little late.
You apply anyway- the deadline is only to ensure you have the maintenace money for the start date of the course.
Original post by Shani
You can still apply for it - up to 9 months after the start of your course. The deadline was to guarantee you had your maintenance loan in time for the start of your course.

If you apply now you may still get it on time/a little late.

If it's late will they backtrack payments?
Reply 4
Original post by murpo
If it's late will they backtrack payments?

You will get your full year entitlement, yes.
Reply 5
Apply anyway. Seriously the first lot is always late even though my friends and i applied before the deadline
Reply 6
Apply anyway, at worst you'll get it a little late and may have to borrow some money from family or friends. But on the bright side, you'll have a shorter period in which to squander your student loan.

I never applied for finance on time (usually the week before) and I always got it during or just after freshers when I was still a student. I knew people who applied months before the deadlines and they'd end up getting it late; it's a lottery.
Reply 7
Thank you so much for all your help. I have another question... I want to do a directing course at university but I am going to have to go through clearing. Do you guys have any advice for me? I am very, very nervous!! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending