The Student Room Group

18th Birthday Party

Hey guys :biggrin:

Any ideas of what I could do for my 18th birthday party?

What did you guys do for yours?

I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks! (I'm a girl by the way!)
Reply 1
Im stuck too! :frown:

Its either expensive or age limited(as some of my friends will still be 17)!!

I've been looking at clubs, shisha lounges, restaurants(rooms to hire).
I want to make it fun but also big if you know what i mean. When's your birthday?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AquaDrops

happy upcoming birthday. What sort of things do you like to do
Reply 3
Well mine is next month and I'm just having to do a meal with my friends as mum and dad have me the choice of an 18th or 21st!

Or just go out for the night with your mates just depends what your really wanting to do I guess

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
I think I just went to a restuarant with my family then went clubbing with a few friends.

Yeah sounds pretty unoriginal and dull but it was really nice :smile:
I just went out for a meal with my family and then went out with my mates to celebrate on the weekend. Fairly standard, most of my friends also did this.
Reply 6
I'm fairly boring; slept and revised during my 18th. But then again, I don't see the significance of birthdays. You could always go karaoke with friends and have a meal at a restaurant, maybe? XD
Reply 7
Went to a restaurant then went clubbing with friends (though like half of them didn't have i.d so we didn't go the the best club)
Reply 8
I was one of the first of my year so nobody else was 18 but I...
- went to Paris with my family
- went to Nando's with a big group of friends
- went to a tribute night... it was a Take That tribute with a meal, music etc with 4 friends... it was such a good night and it was really different.
For my 17th I did a murder mystery.

A lot of people go down the clubbing and restaurant route but I fancied something a bit different from everyone else!
Reply 9
Had some mates over, drank, smoked, played on the 360 and watched films.

Because half of them were 17 and all of them were skint.
Reply 10
Whatever you do, make sure you remember it! Unlike me who ended up passing out for the majority of mine -.-
Are alot of your friends going to be 17 and under still? If its an 18th, the bar staff will ID EVERYONE- and I mean EVERYONE.

Could you have something at home/rent out a hall where your parents or whoever are in charge? They don't have to be there- just say they are :wink:!

I had a do at mine with a marquee but we lived on a farm so had fields to do it in!
Reply 12
Original post by Spottedleopard
Are alot of your friends going to be 17 and under still? If its an 18th, the bar staff will ID EVERYONE- and I mean EVERYONE.

Could you have something at home/rent out a hall where your parents or whoever are in charge? They don't have to be there- just say they are :wink:!

I had a do at mine with a marquee but we lived on a farm so had fields to do it in!

This is the kind of thing I'd like to do!

What all did you do at your party though?

Just party and drink? Haha :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by raechelle
I was one of the first of my year so nobody else was 18 but I...
- went to Paris with my family
- went to Nando's with a big group of friends
- went to a tribute night... it was a Take That tribute with a meal, music etc with 4 friends... it was such a good night and it was really different.
For my 17th I did a murder mystery.

A lot of people go down the clubbing and restaurant route but I fancied something a bit different from everyone else!

Wow, lucky you!

Yeah I'd also like to do something a bit different. I'd like to hire out a function room in a hotel or just get a big space where I could get a DJ and all the usual stuff as well..but I want there to be something different about my party!! Get what I mean? Haha :biggrin: Any ideas??
Wow, lucky you!

Yeah I'd also like to do something a bit different. I'd like to hire out a function room in a hotel or just get a big space where I could get a DJ and all the usual stuff as well..but I want there to be something different about my party!! Get what I mean? Haha :biggrin: Any ideas??

sorry i really hope that didn't sound pretentious or arsey of me :/
what about a particular theme to make it a bit different? masquerade maybe. or american - what about a red carpet and people dress up as a celebrity alike or something? or alice in wonderland theme which would be a bit different. something based around your favourite film or a party with bits from when you were younger? or maybe just a different location to the norm
Reply 15
Original post by raechelle
sorry i really hope that didn't sound pretentious or arsey of me :/
what about a particular theme to make it a bit different? masquerade maybe. or american - what about a red carpet and people dress up as a celebrity alike or something? or alice in wonderland theme which would be a bit different. something based around your favourite film or a party with bits from when you were younger? or maybe just a different location to the norm

No, no..it didn't, don't worry haha!

Yeah the theme thing sounds good, thanks :biggrin:

I'm so excited haha! My birthday isn't for a while though so I have the summer to plan :biggrin: :biggrin:
I decided to go go karting (didn't want to follow the crowd), and it was really good! It's great if you have a mixed group of friends, beating the boys is priceless!

Forgot to add: after that we went out for a nice dinner, then a few days later me and a few friends went to a nice club and had a great time (especially as Jamie and Proudlock from MiC were there! :colondollar:)
(edited 11 years ago)

It has just been suggested, but I was going to say how about a karting competition, have enough of you and you can have the whole comp to yourselves. Is good for a laugh, and then go out with your friends after that as well. xxx
This is the kind of thing I'd like to do!

What all did you do at your party though?

Just party and drink? Haha :biggrin:

Mum got loads of pizzas and crisps and stuff, people brought drinks with them (but there was so much left over, so make sure you know what people are bringing- it make turn out that all you have to contribute is the odd bottle here and there) We hired plastic chairs and wooden tables from our local school, they gave them to us for free but my dad was governor so you might have to pay for them depending if they know you/how friendly you are with them.

Basically we all got pissed (and I mean reallllly pissed) and we just sat round and mingled really.
Oh and I don't know if its your thing- but its my sisters 18th in a few weeks and I have paid for her to go to a spa for a day with 3 friends. They get three treatments each and unlimited use of the pool/sauna and jacuzzi facilities. It was at my health center, and it was £60 for each of them- and that's in London and a top, top health center so I am sure you could find something cheaper if you fancy doing that? Or maybe look if there is a concert on you want to go too?

Quick Reply