The Student Room Group

Samsung Galaxy Ace running slow...

I've had my Galaxy Ace for nearly a year, for the last few months I've noticed it seems to run slow.

When writing a text, or browsing, it stutters at times. I've cleared my memory, reduced my apps but still no luck. Last resort is a hard reset (how do I do that BTW?)

I naively when I got the phone didn't think about backing up things on my phone in terms of pictures etc. Am I right in saying that Samsung Kies is the software to download to get everything backed up before I do a reset?

But before that, any tips on making the phone work smoother?

Cheers

:smile:
Reply 1
put in an SD card to expand your memory
Reply 2
Original post by Aky786UK
I've had my Galaxy Ace for nearly a year, for the last few months I've noticed it seems to run slow.

When writing a text, or browsing, it stutters at times. I've cleared my memory, reduced my apps but still no luck. Last resort is a hard reset (how do I do that BTW?)

I naively when I got the phone didn't think about backing up things on my phone in terms of pictures etc. Am I right in saying that Samsung Kies is the software to download to get everything backed up before I do a reset?

But before that, any tips on making the phone work smoother?

Cheers

:smile:

http://www.hardreset.eu/samsung_s5830_galaxy_ace_hard_reset_en.html

Thats the hard reset, try the soft one, also wiping your browser history or updating the software.
Reply 3
I've got a galaxy ace as well but I've only had mine since Christmas. With it being a middle-market smartphone you have to tolerate a certain amount of lag - I'd say 40% of the time mine becomes infuriatingly slow for no apparent reason. What I often do is wipe the RAM clean to close any programs that are running that I don't need, which seems to help a little. You shouldn't do this if you have unsaved data open etc.

Aside from that there's nothing I know of to improve it, it annoys me as well :frown:

And yes, if you sync your phone to Kies it ought to back everything up.
Try to contact the samsung care for your problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending