The Student Room Group

Warwick MSc Economics 2012/2013

who will be in this course????
Reply 1
Hi, did you get in, and if so was it hard to get accepted into it?
Reply 2
Original post by eanach1
Hi, did you get in, and if so was it hard to get accepted into it?

Hey... actually, I can't honestly say if it was difficult or not, since I haven't done GRE so I just applied to Warwick and UCL and I was accepted in both programs MSc Economics. Taking into account that both programs are not substantially different I can't say if it was difficult. I don't know :P
Reply 3
I got in! But still waiting to hear from other places. Where are you applying or accommnodation?
Reply 4
Original post by Econamerica
Hey... actually, I can't honestly say if it was difficult or not, since I haven't done GRE so I just applied to Warwick and UCL and I was accepted in both programs MSc Economics. Taking into account that both programs are not substantially different I can't say if it was difficult. I don't know :P

May I ask why did you prefer Warwick over UCL?
Reply 5

They are indeed substantially different in the technical content...

I know that most of the exams of Warwick MSc Economics are essay typed questions, even for the Macroeconomcis and the Econometrics A (the most rigorous one). Actually the PhD first year at Warwick is roughly the same or only very slightly more advanced than the MSc Economics.
Hi guys,

Just got my unconditional offer! So see you in september.

Anyone have any recommendations about accommodation? Is it worth going through the university or is renting a shared apartment a good option? How easy is it to find shared apartments? Im from Finland so I wont be able to check anything out in advance.

What are you rest internationals doing? And UK students as well of course :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Econla
May I ask why did you prefer Warwick over UCL?

Actually, it was not easy to take the decision. First of all, I balanced the decision about the place because I like the idea of living in a quite place. Secondly, taking into account that the difference in ranking of both Programs are not huge since Warwick and UCL in economics appear in similar places, as you can see the global ranking of UCL is raised by other programs, another point to Warwick is that I have lecturers that are friends of mine in Warwick, I have talked with them and my probabilities to shine in Warwick are higher, I want to use this chance because I really want to get a good grades and recommendations for my future applications in a higher ranked Universities. Finally, I haven't defined my plans yet, I want to do a PHd someday, I still thinking to go to London but to do another master in the LSE for example or maybe PHd I do not know really, but this year I prefer to do my master in Warwick. If my plans going well, I have more time to go london.

Good luck in UCL Econla that is a great U.
Reply 8
Original post by Lalafell
They are indeed substantially different in the technical content...

I know that most of the exams of Warwick MSc Economics are essay typed questions, even for the Macroeconomcis and the Econometrics A (the most rigorous one). Actually the PhD first year at Warwick is roughly the same or only very slightly more advanced than the MSc Economics.

Thanks for the info Lalafell, I have noticed in the website that the rigorous one is Econometrics B, since it is a requirement to take the Panel Data module. lets see what happens.
Reply 9
Original post by northernnomad
Hi guys,

Just got my unconditional offer! So see you in september.

Anyone have any recommendations about accommodation? Is it worth going through the university or is renting a shared apartment a good option? How easy is it to find shared apartments? Im from Finland so I wont be able to check anything out in advance.

What are you rest internationals doing? And UK students as well of course :smile:

Im looking for a campus residence but I can't find info about if that is really good or not.
Reply 10
Actually, it was not easy to take the decision. First of all, I balanced the decision about the place because I like the idea of living in a quite place. Secondly, taking into account that the difference in ranking of both Programs are not huge since Warwick and UCL in economics appear in similar places, as you can see the global ranking of UCL is raised by other programs, another point to Warwick is that I have lecturers that are friends of mine in Warwick, I have talked with them and my probabilities to shine in Warwick are higher, I want to use this chance because I really want to get a good grades and recommendations for my future applications in a higher ranked Universities. Finally, I haven't defined my plans yet, I want to do a PHd someday, I still thinking to go to London but to do another master in the LSE for example or maybe PHd I do not know really, but this year I prefer to do my master in Warwick. If my plans going well, I have more time to go london.

Good luck in UCL Econla that is a great U.

Oh funny I looked for the opposite (big city, etc). Good luck to you, Warwick is a rising star :wink:....You will probably have good chances for your Phd post master.

Cheers!
Reply 11
Original post by a3r
I got in! But still waiting to hear from other places. Where are you applying or accommnodation?

Which other U did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending