The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
My amp is failing. :cry2: Right channel keeps emitting a crackling noise, doesn't seem to be the speaker's fault as it happens on that channel no matter which way round I plug the speakers in. Rather annoying but it's still in warranty, so I'm gonna ask for a refund.

So, my question to you is: what would be a quality amp to get around the £250-300 mark? Ideally it needs to be small so it can fit on top of my speaker/on the shelf, although I could potentially stash it away elsewhere, assuming I can control the volume remotely somehow. :beard:
Original post by hassi94
Remember seeing you ask about a £30 android phone the other day and just saw this: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/t-mobile-rapport-android-phone-29-99-instore-asda-1234230

Not sure if you were still after it but there you go :smile:

Thanks for this, will head down to my local Asda and hope they have it on offer!

Original post by Dez
My amp is failing. :cry2: Right channel keeps emitting a crackling noise, doesn't seem to be the speaker's fault as it happens on that channel no matter which way round I plug the speakers in. Rather annoying but it's still in warranty, so I'm gonna ask for a refund.

So, my question to you is: what would be a quality amp to get around the £250-300 mark? Ideally it needs to be small so it can fit on top of my speaker/on the shelf, although I could potentially stash it away elsewhere, assuming I can control the volume remotely somehow. :beard:

Bad times ): what outputs are you looking for? I only really know about headphone amplifiers, I assume you're after a dedicated speaker amp?
Reply 2202
Yeah, it's outputting to a pair of Monitor Audio beasts, through dual banana plugs at the minute. It's a lovely little amp, but I've already had a fault with the iPod dock it was bundled with, and so after two problems in less than 6 months I'm beginning to think it's bad build quality rather than simply a defect. I guess I'd best start searching around, although I'll need to find out if they're going to honour me with a refund or not first.
Original post by Dez
Yeah, it's outputting to a pair of Monitor Audio beasts, through dual banana plugs at the minute. It's a lovely little amp, but I've already had a fault with the iPod dock it was bundled with, and so after two problems in less than 6 months I'm beginning to think it's bad build quality rather than simply a defect. I guess I'd best start searching around, although I'll need to find out if they're going to honour me with a refund or not first.

No ideas then I'm afraid :erm: desktop/speaker audio is my next venture once I've paid off this festival, at the moment I know very little about the technicalities of speakers or about driving them.
Reply 2204
At this rate I'll be the one advising you then. :ahee:
Original post by Dez
At this rate I'll be the one advising you then. :ahee:

Haha don't sound so surprised, real audiophiles stick to headphones :pierre:
Original post by G8D
This kezboard language thing keeps happening.

Sometimes itàs in Chrome and other times itàs in other programs )like in Minecraft=.

I have no idea what could be causing it ö)

Press ctrl+shift (just control and shift) and type again (repeat until typing regularly)? Tell me what happens?

EDIT: This is only for firefox - nevermind

Have you checked your keyboard language?
(edited 11 years ago)
My audiophile rig has just received a significant seal of approval in that my brother has said he can actually hear a difference. Every other pair of headphones I've put in front of him he's said sounds like his bog standard Sennheisers, so it's something of an ironic achievement :ahee:
Reply 2208
Awesome.

I currently have no money, so not got the Audio-Technicas yet, but I'm looking good for an interview for one or two small companies for some server side development, so hopefully will have something over the summer.
Original post by mangoh
Gef how many pairs of headphones do you have?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Just three now, won't be buying more any time soon.
Original post by G8D
He says.

Haha it's more a case of having no money than not wanting to ;D
Reply 2212

:eek: I created a LinkedIn account last month...
Original post by Vulpes

I hope you've been practising good password policy. :smile:
Reply 2214
Original post by Mad Vlad
I hope you've been practising good password policy. :smile:

:yep:
Original post by Vulpes
:yep:

Splendid. :sexface:

I'd have been pretty disappointed in you if you'd not.
Reply 2217
Original post by Vulpes

I did the same lol
Saw the news about LinkedIn and instantly changed my password.
My password isn't in the list of hashes, seems to be a partial leak.

Latest