The Student Room Group

A flaw in the Student Finance system?

Okay basically, I don't know if this is a error on the website to be honest but basically I'm going onto my second year uni this September, and I have obtained all my financial details off my parent's to start typing the income on the form online but it wants my financial income from 2011/12 and I've already used that information for last year though :s-smilie:? Does anyone understand what I mean now and could please help me?! websiteScreen Shot 2012-06-06 at 21.23.32.png
Reply 1
Original post by Scarce2324
Okay basically, I don't know if this is a error on the website to be honest but basically I'm going onto my second year uni this September, and I have obtained all my financial details off my parent's to start typing the income on the form online but it wants my financial income from 2011/12 and I've already used that information for last year though :s-smilie:? Does anyone understand what I mean now and could please help me?! websiteScreen Shot 2012-06-06 at 21.23.32.png

i thought student finance was finished :O
Reply 2
For people continuing onto second year, it's the end of June.
Reply 3
So they're asking you for the same information you used last year?

Are you sure you submitted the 2011/2012 info last year? I mean, congrats on that time machine if your financial info for 2012 was available to you in 2011 :tongue:

EDIT: Sorry, it says 2010/11 in the screenshot, I see the problem now :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
For people continuing onto second year, it's the end of June.

end of june? what for?
Reply 5
LOL now you see my problem! Apparently you can use the same details from last year in this current year... But still....
Reply 6
Deadline for people for continuing students to get there finance details in.
Reply 7
Deadline for people for continuing students to get there finance details in.

is that SFNI also or just england do you know?
Either just ring them up for just go for it. I hate Student Finance.
Reply 9
Original post by bestofyou
is that SFNI also or just england do you know?

It doesn't say either, so I just assume it's both, plus I'm from England regardless.
Reply 10
For last year it was 2009/10. This year it's 2010/11.

When SF opened for applications tax year 2011/12 hadn't yet finished (it would have been April 2012).

This is always the way it's done.

If you entered details other than 2009/10 last year then you either got a current year income assessment, or, as I'm guessing, you're mistaken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending