The Student Room Group

Holby City

Scroll to see replies

I see Tara as a kind of F1 version of elizabeth. She was brought in as a replacement of a popular character (not sure if she was meant to be Penny's replacement who was late or Freida's replacement who was early) by the writers who have a storyline planned for her (I'm guessing) so was made a main character.

However the writers did not predict everyone would hate her, I'm guessing again but doubt she has many fans. So they will just get rid of her when her contract ends. Until then she is given small pieces of dialogue and irrates people. Then about three months before she leaves, a small side story will be given to her to explain her exit. She will be paired with a established popular character, probaly elliot or oliver, to improve her scenes so viewers are only complaining slightly. Eventually she leaves with the minimium amount of screen time possible, just enough to say "I'm off to x to do y". A few characters pretend to be sad.

The department (Darwin in this case) move past it and soon she is forgotten, with no-one keeping in contact or caring enough to bother meantioning her. I think she will probaly be gone by christmas, earlier if we are lucky.
Reply 241
No Jac for 6 weeks :frown: It better only be 6 weeks in soap/TV time aka. 2 weeks!
Dissapointed at the lack of Jac/Jonny hot stuff tonight though, no passionate goodbye?

:rofl: You're just a tanorexic nurse!
I really dislike Chrissie, she angers me, haha!
Reply 242
Did anyone feel like they warmed to Tara after tonight's episode?

.... No me neither, lol.

No Hanssen tonight either :mad:

But good to see James Dreyfus!
That was soo awkward when Oliver fell on Tara :colondollar:
Reply 244
Original post by F Ellen
Did anyone feel like they warmed to Tara after tonight's episode?

.... No me neither, lol.

No Hanssen tonight either :mad:

But good to see James Dreyfus!

I don't know...she is growing on me a little! Yes, she still is very annoying, but there's a story to it so I'm interested now.

As long as they don't go down the relationship route with her and Ollie though :rolleyes:
Reply 245
Original post by Kruz
That was soo awkward when Oliver fell on Tara :colondollar:

I know, if I fell on someone in that position I'd get up almost immediately and apologise profusely :redface: but he just stayed there :lolwut:
Reply 246
Original post by BeHappy

As long as they don't go down the relationship route with her and Ollie though :rolleyes:

Definitely seems like it's being set up to go down that route.
Original post by Cheddar
I know, if I fell on someone in that position I'd get up almost immediately and apologise profusely :redface: but he just stayed there :lolwut:

How do you even manage to fall on that position? :lolwut:

Although I agree he did stay there a little too long.
Original post by Cheddar

I'd do the same thing. It's surprises me instead, he just stared deep into her eyes Tara loved it :perv:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 249

Spoiler

Original post by Morgsie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bring back Anton Meyer......
Reply 252
Original post by Lily Academia

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by BeHappy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 254
Original post by Lily Academia

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tbh Tara isn't bad looking...
Reply 256
I think I'm in love with Luc Hemingway, the man is gorgeous!

And Jac's new man isn't bad either, I like the banter between him and Mo.
Mostly I'm happy with the new additions, but I don't know about Serena yet though, she was a bitch, but in the episode with her daughter I started to warm to her. Time will tell :smile:
Dr Lo is fine!
Valentine trying to make a move but he's too catious
Reply 258
Need moar Hanssen in my Holby

Tara still irritates me

Love the Dream Team

Also love the Eddie/Luc relationship!
Reply 259
Is Dan going to come out and go with Simon or look after his Dad?

Quick Reply

Latest