The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester or Bath

Hey guys,

I got an offer for an MSc in Marketing from Manchester and Bath. Could someone tell me how the business schools of these unis fare according to graduate prospects and reputation ?

Other information will also be appreciated!

Cheers!
Reply 1
Both are good AFAIK. Manchester has a better overall reputation as a business school but you'd be doing your CV harm with either. Manchester will have better industry connections and world-wide prospects if you're an international student.

Bath is a lovely place with a great university although I don't think its business school is on a par with MBS.

Would have to be Manchester for me but make the choice based on on your most important factors. They're both excellent choices for postgraduate study.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Thanks man! This is pretty confusing. At least I have a month to make my decision.
Reply 3
Original post by sid12
Thanks man! This is pretty confusing. At least I have a month to make my decision.

I meant you'd be doing your CV no harm* with either. Haha.

Sure, take your time. It's just a case of weighing up the pros and cons of each to be honest. Will you be looking for an overseas job afterwards?
Reply 4
I would like to look for one but i'm sure their aren't many jobs in England right now.
But i'll try nonetheless. Should this be a criteria when i'm making my decision?
*waves flag* come to Bath!! :biggrin:

But my opinion is completely invalid really, if you're making your decision from an academic point of view :p:

Maybe compare the universities' rate of employment post-degree using the university rankings (the only thing those things are good for)? And ask what you want from your degree, and see which comes closest to that ideal :smile:

From what I've heard around university, Bath hasn't seemed to have a particularly prominent business school, you mainly hear Architecture / Engineering / Comp Sci / Sports degrees getting mentioned. But that's a pretty sketchy way of evaluating the reputation of a course :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by sid12
I would like to look for one but i'm sure their aren't many jobs in England right now.
But i'll try nonetheless. Should this be a criteria when i'm making my decision?

Well, Manchester has a very good international reputation, as does MBS. More so than Bath as far as I'm aware. So if you'd be looking internationally then that would be the best choice for you based purely on international rep.

Domestically, MBS still has the edge but the University of Bath on your CV will be an asset to anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending